Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.
    You are soft.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

This Lebron groupie clearly hasn't played basketball before. Just go jack off to some more Lebron highlights or make another thread on how Lebron > Kobe because you clearly don't know anything about basketball.

National High School Star

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    This is almost as dumb as the time Dizzle said the NBA should ban the pick and roll because it gives an unfair advantage to the offensive team.
    Dizzle is quietly cheering for more threads like these. It makes a lot of the stuff he said on the old boards like nothing.

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!
    Well played my man.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease TJ4'D's Avatar

My point, which you missed, was that because there are a lot of similarities, perhaps the reason you dont see it so much is because it isnt allowed. Which I actually dont think it is.
    Except your point is completely wrong. It is allowed and frankly it is reatarded if there was a rule against it. There is nothing wrong with doing it and it is just great defensive strategy.

What the hell have you been paying attention to in 20 years?
    Isn't it obvious that he is no more then a 15 year old who knows absolutely nothing about basketball and is just obsessed with LeBron?

That was some crazy defense by Battier. His hand was like an inch from Kobe's face. That would be incredibly distracting.

And he didn't foul Kobe either...impressive.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Let me guess, kicking a pass to stop an uncontested lay-up is wack too? Get the fu$K outta here! I was taught to get a hand in someone's face in JUNIOR HIGH cuuuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Come to think of it....how often do you block a jump shooter....most of the time a defender's job is to alter the shot...not block it(especially for guards).

p.s. What are peoples' opinions on yelling out something before someone goes up for a shot? I'm all for it, with moderation of course:P Usually do it when a guy's in close with an easy one.

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    go jack off to some more Lebron highlights.

hahahaha looking fwd to the other 4 pages of flaming.
    C'mon people, admit the occasional retard on here makes for some good jokes.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!

Well played my man.

stephanie g is a man?

On the Internet, GIRL = Guy In Real Life

Quote Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
    stephanie g is a man?

Quote Originally Posted by BTrujillo
    I'm a Kobe fan...but I'm surprised more people don't do it...it seems to be working
    See, the thing is, you need that quick reaction time to block his visual before he gets that initial 1st look. Most of the time the hand in the face is a second late and by then, if Kobe wanted to, he could probably knock it down with his eyes closed. (*this goes for a bunch of players:P*)

Cornell Basketball=#1

I'm a Kobe fan...but I'm surprised more people don't do it...it seems to be working
    The reason why most people don't do it is because they CAN'T do it. It really is a difficult skill to pull off. Battier is just one of those incredibly solid defenders who's quick enough to stay so close to Kobe, and disciplined enough to avoid unneccessary contact. His timing to get his hand in Kobe's face is really impeccible.

if You Dont Touch The Player You Can Do Whatever You Want. Jeez.

NBA Finals

i guess u havent heard about people poking u in the stomach when u go up 4 a shot too. it makes your stomach feel funny and it messes up ur shot a little. my bro taught me that