Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA Finals

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    , no they haven't. People like Battier aren't even defending the ball. He's going right for Kobe face when he jumps.

That's wack.
    well if he goes 4 the ball more than likely he's gonna foul kobe. i think putting a hand in the face is really effective, i mean if he cant see the basketball goal he has pretty much no chance of making it. unless he can see the hand

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

This is almost as dumb as the time Dizzle said the NBA should ban the pick and roll because it gives an unfair advantage to the offensive team.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Quote Originally Posted by reppy
    This is almost as dumb as the time Dizzle said the NBA should ban the pick and roll because it gives an unfair advantage to the offensive team.

I swear people are so damn stupid its literally funny.

RP 4 lyfe

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

LOL

NBA Finals

whoever said that should go

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!
    word? they haven't started that around my playground yet...

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatSunsFan
    Or Doug Christie play against just about anybody.
    "Who's Doug Christie?" - OP

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Some one actually said that???

I hate this new tactic where players bounce the ball off the floor. They try to be all showy and flashy with it, trying to impress people. I think the kids call it "dribbling" or some such rubbish. Showboats, the whole lot of 'em!

Put yr guns up

Anyway, it's textbook defense, it's just amazing that Battier was able to do it on nearly all of Kobe's attempts.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

i grew up playing youth bball in the 70s and they were teaching the technique back then

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Created Player
    ...as they elevate is wack (like what Battier is pretty much doing to Kobe on every shot).

This is pretty much the work defensive technique I've seen in 20 years. It's right up there with the elimination of the hand check.

So puss, IMO.
    You never balled in your life huh?

Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
    You never balled in your life huh?
    that was pretty obvious since when he first joined, this just cements that fact.

NBA Finals

thats a good 1

but i hate that new tactic that just came out where they actualy throw the ball toward the rim instead of placing it gently in. they even have a line so if u get behind it and throw the ball in the hoop you'll get 3 points instead of 2!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!(i put the 1's in on purpose)

Cornell Basketball=#1

clearly, Created Player never even realized what the hell the exceedingly common basketball phrase "get a hand up on the shooter" really meant in the first place

Only a top defender like Battier can maintain such close contact with an opposing player so he can ACTUALLY get a hand up to block the shooters vision. but since Created Player never played basketball before, he doesn't understand that trying to physically block a jumpshot is nearly impossible