Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire is WAYYYYY overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    It takes more than one player to carry a team to a championship. Are you gonna say that Malone and Barkley aren't 2 of the best big men ever to play the game because they couldn't win the big one?
    Also Malone and Barkley atleast got to the finals. I don't see Amare and his suns ever doing that.

Banned

Btw, I'll add Al Jefferson to the list aswell

Love me or Hate me Unreal Skill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    You have got to be kidding me? Is this some sort of cruel joke? Are people on ISH really this stupid? This might be the worst post I've ever seen on Ish and I've been around this board for a couple of years now.
    That came from a guy who support Kwame Brown. Obversely, he has very little idea what he's talking about. I'm guessing he take Kwame "Small Hands" Brown over Amare too? lol

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease BA_God's Avatar

Amare is overrated just like Nash is under the offensive-oriented suns system.

their stats are inflated under the suns system.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    Amare doesn't hold a candle to either of those two.

I'd want my list over Amare because no matter how much he scores, he's an average rebounder and weak defending the paint. Since his points all come from being fed or running the floor, as in he can't create high percentage shots from the post, and he doesn't protect the paint, I would take these guys over Amare. Biedrins and Howard aren't so good in the post either but they make up for that with tough rebounding, defense and hustle. Because Amare doesn't have anything that you need from a bigman (post play, strong defense, toughness and strong rebounding or even average passing) I would not want him as the starting center of my team.
    My opinion stands

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I'd want my list over Amare because no matter how much he scores, he's an average rebounder and weak defending the paint.
    That's BS and you know it...if you don't care how much a center scores then you would probably also pick these over amare:
    - Emeka Okafor
    - Jermaine O'Neal
    - Ben Wallace
    - Samuel Dalembert
    - Nene Hilario
    - Andrew Bogut
    - Joel Przybilla
    - Erick Dampier
    - Kwame Brown
    - Jeff Foster
    - Jeff Foster

This is just hilarious.

Living Legend

He makes it look like Amare is weak in the paint. I don't think so. He's a natural PF so he's playing out of position. He's not as weak as Bosh is.

BTW, I wasn't trying to compare Amare to Malone and Barkley. I was just trying to respond to the guy who was saying that he never lead his team to a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by BA_God
    Amare is overrated just like Nash is under the offensive-oriented suns system.

their stats are inflated under the suns system.
    Just stfu. Amare put up 20/9 in his second season with Marbury/Barbosa as his point guards. Of course his stats will improve over time. I would even say that all his stats besides a slight decrease in fg% would improve on a team that utilzed him more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blur
    That's BS and you know it...if you don't care how much a center scores then you would probably also pick these over amare:
    - Emeka Okafor
    - Jermaine O'Neal
    - Ben Wallace
    - Samuel Dalembert
    - Nene Hilario
    - Andrew Bogut
    - Joel Przybilla
    - Erick Dampier
    - Kwame Brown
    - Jeff Foster
    - Jeff Foster

This is just hilarious.
    Those guys are past their prime or below average defenders and rebounders. I'd take Amare over them. He's in the top third of the league, that's something! He still doesn't do his job as a big man, it's a waste of his bigass body to suck in the post, suck at defense, and suck at rebounding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    He makes it look like Amare is weak in the paint. I don't think so. He's a natural PF so he's playing out of position. He's not as weak as Bosh is.

BTW, I wasn't trying to compare Amare to Malone and Barkley. I was just trying to respond to the guy who was saying that he never lead his team to a championship.
    No he's strong, if he gets the ball right under the basket I trust he'll throw it down for the dunk. If he gets it any farther away then that though he's useless.

Oh wait, no he has three point range now, I forgot

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Those guys are past their prime or below average defenders and rebounders. I'd take Amare over them. He's in the top third of the league, that's something! H[COLOR="Red"]e still doesn't do his job as a big man, it's a waste of his bigass body to suck in the post, suck at defense, and suck at rebounding[/COLOR]
    Are you talking about Kwame?

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

Amare is a beast, this thread is overrated.

Local High School Star e20dyl4n's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Of course he still has a lot to prove but how many big men have carried there teams to championships in the past 15 years? Hakeem/Shaq/Duncan and no one is comparing Amare to those three so I don't know why you brought that up.
    i bring it up because amare has the ability to carry his team.

Living Legend

Absolutely! Although Nash is the catalyst they are a true 2 headed monster. It's just too bad they'll never beat the Spurs. Unless a freak injury happens.

No he's strong, if he gets the ball right under the basket I trust he'll throw it down for the dunk. If he gets it any farther away then that though he's useless.

Oh wait, no he has three point range now, I forgot
    He's useless if he's not right under the basket? You want me to bring up his stats from us jumper? Or will you agree with me that you were just talking out of your ass?