Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire is WAYYYYY overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
    You really think tahst the only thing he worked on? Some people need to grow a brain and not think that if they dont hear it on sportscenter it didnt happen.
    You're right I'm making an assumption based on the fact he still has no post game to speak of and still doesn't know how to play D.

Living Legend

Sure Amare benefits from playing with Nash but he is a beast. I don't think he is as good as TD, KG or Dirk, he is waaaay better than Bosh and Yao. I've seen him kill Yao down low countless times.

Banned

You really think tahst the only thing he worked on? Some people need to grow a brain and not think that if they dont hear it on sportscenter it didnt happen.
    Well, see him posting anyone up? I don't. I do, however, see that he has already taken 15 of his 50 career 3-pt shot attempts this season.

Both teams played hard 2LeTTeRS KD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    You're right I'm making an assumption based on the fact he still has no post game to speak of and still doesn't know how to play D.
    Amare is a face the basket scorer. Because of his body he'll always get more points by going around or over his defender, then backing up to them because he doesn't have the strength to. He has however added more post moves, and added a hell of a lot of range, plus with the explosion in his legs coming back more this year he's even improved as a shot blocker. If you didn't see those differences in his game then you might want to consider checking out a few more Suns games.

Banned

Amare is playing the same this year as he always had, only difference is he's randomly chucking up a 3 or two. I don't know which player you're seeing, but I don't really care about arguing this anyway.

The moral of the story is the suns will go the way of the Webber Kings or the Sheed Blazers-aka nowhere

Banned

Amare is a face the basket scorer. Because of his body he'll always get more points by going around or over his defender, then backing up to them because he doesn't have the strength to. He has however added more post moves, and added a hell of a lot of range, plus with the explosion in his legs coming back more this year he's even improved as a shot blocker. If you didn't see those differences in his game then you might want to consider checking out a few more Suns games.
    A face-up scoring big man can only go so far. Why do you think the Spurs pound them every year? A big man with a post game on both ends has a bigger impact on the game than a face-up big man that runs the floor and gets most of his points in transition. Eventually, the game will be slowed down and they won't be able to run. What then? Nash has to take over. For the Spurs, when the game is slowed to halfcourt basketball, they just dump it into Duncan for an automatic 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Amare IS overrated. He's still a great player, one of the best at his position. But he's still overrated and a moron. In the offseason, instead of working on his post game, he works on his 3-pt shot? WTF? The reason why he helps the Suns is so they could have an inside-outside game, not an outside-outside game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruinlove
    If anything, Amare is a dumbass. This summer, instead of trying to work on his non-existant post game, he spent all his time working on 3 pointers. Because obviously a 28% 3 point shooting 7-footer is just what the suns need
    Why would Amare work on his back to the basket game when it doesnt fit into Dantonis system? People would then complain that hes not fitting into the team aka being a cancer. Instead he works on his jump shot and his face up moves to try and fit in with the teams plans more but still gets criticized for not having a back to the basket game.

So if anyone is to blame its Dantoni and the Suns front office for not putting Dantoni in his place.

But continue to talk out of your asses when you both CLEARLY dont watch the Suns enough to understand whats going on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Why would Amare work on his back to the basket game when it doesnt fit into Dantonis system? People would then complain that hes not fitting into the team aka being a cancer. Instead he works on his jump shot and his face up moves to try and fit in with the teams plans more but still gets criticized for not having a back to the basket game.

So if anyone is to blame its Dantoni and the Suns front office for not putting Dantoni in his place.

But continue to talk out of your asses when you both CLEARLY dont watch the Suns enough to understand whats going on.
    So, D'Antoni's system is to have EVERYONE shoot 3's?

National High School Star

Who overates Amare? He's a second tier Power Forward that play no defense.Is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    So, D'Antoni's system is to have EVERYONE shoot 3's?
    Hasnt openly said that he prefers EVERYONE to shoot 3s but I wouldnt doubt it. One thing I know for sure is he wants his power forward to be able to spread the floor by shooting threes.

And a back to the basket game DOES NOT fit into his system at all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Hasnt openly said that he prefers EVERYONE to shoot 3s but I wouldnt doubt it. One thing I know for sure is he wants his power forward to be able to spread the floor by shooting threes.

And a back to the basket game DOES NOT fit into his system at all.
    Amare's the Center. How does a back-to-the-basket game not fit into a system? When the Suns are slowed to a halfcourt game, Nash just ISOs. Wouldn't a big man with a post game help that? Every championship team in the history of the NBA has had a dominant post guy, even the Bulls (Jordan).

Edit: And what's with this misconception that Amare plays defense? Big deal, he blocks a few more shots every once in a while. But he gambles on the weakside...A LOT, leaving his man open for a tip-in or an uncontested dunk/layup.

Why the hell has amare never averaged double digit rebounds? That's a shame

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    Sure Amare benefits from playing with Nash but he is a beast. I don't think he is as good as TD, KG or Dirk, he is waaaay better than Bosh and Yao. I've seen him kill Yao down low countless times.
    You have got be kidding. Yao does everything better than Amare other than dunking. And Amare has NEVER "abused Yao down low" because he pretty much doesn't have a post game. On the other hand, I've seen Yao absolutely destroy Stoudemire in the post numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfPlace
    You have got be kidding. Yao does everything better than Amare other than dunking. And Amare has NEVER "abused Yao down low" because he pretty much doesn't have a post game. On the other hand, I've seen Yao absolutely destroy Stoudemire in the post numerous times.
    And Yao plays DEFENSE, is way more important to his team then Amare, as a bigger impact on the game and coule be argued to be a legit top 5 player in the league and the best big man in the game(or Tim Duncan).

Hehe. Entertaining thread. Good job, make more of these please. More hilarity is always good.