Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Derrick Rose ....Dwyane Wade with a jumpshot?!?

I can't wait for this kid to hit the NBA, he's a flat out baller. To me he's going to be one of those guys who's game translates better to the NBA rather than college. I'm gonna be be a bandwagon fan of whoever gets him. Dwyane Wade with a jumper.....get ready for it ppls.

Default Re: Derrick Rose ....Dwyane Wade with a jumpshot?!?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA Most well known mix for D-Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    I can't wait for this kid to hit the NBA, he's a flat out baller. To me he's going to be one of those guys who's game translates better to the NBA rather than college. I'm gonna be be a bandwagon fan of whoever gets him. Dwyane Wade with a jumper.....get ready for it ppls.
    *Prays that the New York Knicks draft Derrick Rose*

I'll laugh my ass off if NY drafts beasley or mayo, those two are just candidates for Isiahs master plan.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Actually Wade's jumper is better. Rose needs to work on his. I've read that his release is inconsistent.

From his profile:

Weaknesses: Mechanics on his shot are not fluid, so he may need to adjust it some as he sort of slings the ball from his shoulder, though his shot has shown steady improvement

Bucks fan

I love that there's always some hot prospect to help us fans of terrible teams get through the season. Oden and Durant were a great help last year, and it seems Rose can fill that role once the trade deadline passes this year, and all hope is lost.

[quote=glidedrxlr22]Actually Wade's jumper is better. Rose needs to work on his. I've read that his release is inconsistent.

From his profile:

Weaknesses: Mechanics on his shot are not fluid, so he may need to adjust it some as he sort of slings the ball from his shoulder, though his shot has shown steady improvement

Rose is a much more natural point guard than Wade.

Rose is a streaky shooter, but if he isn't hitting his shots then it's not really a problem, seeing as he is a pass first point guard more than anything.

His athleticism is fantastic as well. He has nearly everything but the jumpshot. Get him with a good shooting coach and regular practice, and he WILL be an all-star. :)

Can't wait to see him at the NBA level. Sorry Knicks fans but I hope he doesn't go to there. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Seattle with Durant, or even Miami, as long him and Wade can co-exist, which I don't think would be a problem.

EDIT: Just read that Derrick is 2 days younger than me, wow!
    Last edited by ukballer; 01-24-2008 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adamcz
    I love that there's always some hot prospect to help us fans of terrible teams get through the season. Oden and Durant were a great help last year, and it seems Rose can fill that role once the trade deadline passes this year, and all hope is lost.
    Gotta say Mr Cz, I have a soft spot in my heart for the bucks and it sucks they're not doing too well this year. I was a skeptic of Yi at first, but it looks like he's a player. I don't know what they can do to their lineup that will translate to wins, but in any case, if they're in the lotto I will be rooting for them to get D.Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Can't wait to see him at the NBA level. Sorry Knicks fans but I hope he doesn't go to there. I wouldn't mind seeing him go to Seattle with Durant, or even Miami, as long him and Wade can co-exist, which I don't think would be a problem.
    Seattle would be a nice spot for him. Miami, that would be too crazy, Wade+Wade Jr on the same team. That would rock my balls off.

Local High School Star

Rose and Wade will be on the same team next year anyway

Wade has a much better jumpshot than Rose...but Rose will make an excellent NBA player eventually...he has so many physical gifts and a lot of room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by PK3434
    Wade has a much better jumpshot than Rose...but Rose will make an excellent NBA player eventually...he has so many physical gifts and a lot of room for improvement.
    Really, you think wade has a better jumpshot than Rose? Wade just looks like he tosses it up there and hopes. Rose looks like he has at least a bit of cognition to his shot.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Really, you think wade has a better jumpshot than Rose? Wade just looks like he tosses it up there and hopes. Rose looks like he has at least a bit of cognition to his shot.
    I agree with PK on this one. When I watch Wade shoot, I always feel like it's going in....if he's not past the 3 point stripe.

Rose is shooting 48% on FGs and 37% on 3s. I think that translates into about 40-42% on FGs and 30% on 3s in the pros.

The college player I'm really impressed with is Eric Gordon. Now that guy can flat out shoot. Many times he'll take pro distance 3s and nail them with ease.

Saw a basketball once

I am a knicks fan and i really hope he does come to Ny.cause him coming to ny would mean a rebuilding of the franchise .Isaiah will be fired and a competent gm will build a great team around the small pieces we do have ship the crap out