Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Vince Carter Appreciation Thread

Vince was a Highlight film every night in his Toronto days. He was and still is a very exciting player to watch.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Vince was a Highlight film every night in his Toronto days. He was and still is a very exciting player to watch.
    then why does no one come to Nets games to watch him??

people really ignore how awesome he was the first 2 years at the nets- he absoloutly led them all the way to the playoffs that year he came over with awesome averages- the next season was loaded with great dunks, if you made a log of the greatest dunking seasons- in terms of awesome in game dunks, vinces 05-06 season with the nets would rank alltime top 5, over probably any year anyone(other than him) has ever had, people always forget how great hes been with jersey, that season he also had a great season game wise, and although last year was seriously lacking in the dunks department he put up what 26/6/5, and you could see from the allstar game, he is still the best dunker in the league and i dont even think its close....he seems to have lost his desire to play once again thoe- this season he is absoloutly stinking it up and playing horribly, im a big fan of his and i blame him mainly for how **** the nets are...maybe he needs another trade.

as good as he has been in his career he hasnt even scratched the surface of what he could have been, he has every physical and offensive gift a basketball player could ever have, hes maybe the most naturally gifted scorer of his generation, hes just fallen short of what he could have done- the hideous display last year against cleavland had many people criticising him again and to be honest alot of people just plain hate him for quitting on toronto, to be honest thats just and fair to a degree but its at the point where is massivly underatted by the majority of fans.

for someone who is so often unfairly talked about as having no heart or desire he owns somewhat suprising playoff averages

26ppg 7rpg 5apg 1.5spg 1 bpg

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    then why does no one come to Nets games to watch him??
    Maybe because the Nets suck.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukplayer4
    people really ignore how awesome he was the first 2 years at the nets- he absoloutly led them all the way to the playoffs that year he came over with awesome averages- the next season was loaded with great dunks, if you made a log of the greatest dunking seasons- in terms of awesome in game dunks, vinces 05-06 season with the nets would rank alltime top 5, over probably any year anyone(other than him) has ever had, people always forget how great hes been with jersey, that season he also had a great season game wise, and although last year was seriously lacking in the dunks department he put up what 26/6/5, and you could see from the allstar game, he is still the best dunker in the league and i dont even think its close....he seems to have lost his desire to play once again thoe- this season he is absoloutly stinking it up and playing horribly, im a big fan of his and i blame him mainly for how **** the nets are...maybe he needs another trade.

as good as he has been in his career he hasnt even scratched the surface of what he could have been, he has every physical and offensive gift a basketball player could ever have, hes maybe the most naturally gifted scorer of his generation, hes just fallen short of what he could have done- the hideous display last year against cleavland had many people criticising him again and to be honest alot of people just plain hate him for quitting on toronto, to be honest thats just and fair to a degree but its at the point where is massivly underatted by the majority of fans.

for someone who is so often unfairly talked about as having no heart or desire he owns somewhat suprising playoff averages

26ppg 7rpg 5apg 1.5spg 1 bpg
    That season made it even more disappointing for those of us who followed VC from day 1. He proved everyone's point at what a motivated and determined Vince Carter can do. I will always appreciate the dunks and the freakish athleticism from the early days, but I do still find disappointment in looking back at his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    How can you have a Vince Carter appreciation thread without THE defining VC picture?

Classic.
    What the hell?

The thing that annoys me about Vince is he has never really appeared to care about winning an NBA championship. It's especially evident when he plays next to Jason Kidd who would slit his own wrists to win an NBA title, and Carter is basically playing just to get a check and some excersize.

Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Vince Carter, the man who changed the way people dunk the basketball in this century.

Love me or Hate me Unreal Skill's Avatar

Wtf are you showing pictures of him injured? You would EXPECT that if you jump 40+ inches off the ground. Hell, even IF you could jump 40+ inches, your knee will be twice as bad as Vince's. You jump 3/4 of his vertical, so I wouldn't be talking.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Sham
    Stop hatin', Vince Carter made the Toronto Raptors great.

In It to Win It

Bump this thread up.

The pics in this thread are great. Especially A-Roc.

Oh, and I love how the kidz are enamored because VC could do crazy dunks. Like, for example, the OP posted nothing but pics of VC dunking. Yes, VC was a crazy dunker. Yes, he had amazing talent.

Yes, Vince Carter is the epitome of wasting ridiculous talent and athleticism. Also see: McGrady, Tracy

Coincidence? I think not!