Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who has the best fadeaway/fallaway jumpshot ever?

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    don't worry. it won't be long before some young guy comes in and starts killing it with the fadeaway and everyone will say, 'oh he's good, but he learned it from kobe.' and no one will remember that kobe took it from mj, mj took it from bird, and larry took it from hayes, who took it from elgin, who took it from wilt, who took it from pettit, who got it straight from naismith with a peach. in sports nothing is more than 2 generations old.

i do think michael's effectiveness with the move is hard to top. when he had lift and was hitting the baseline fade you couldn't even double it. it's like saying there's a better hook than kareem's. if it's an unstoppable half court weapon that all you can do is body the shooter and hope, then what more can you ask?
    Do the playoffs count to anyone around here or is the same credence given to regular season performance as the post season?

Taking into account effectiveness in pulling off that move under the greatest pressure and biggest circumstances, no one comes close to Michael Jordan period, end of story.

It's one thing to be able to do something on a playground, or against say the worst defensive team in the league during the regular season.

It's another thing entirely to be able to do it, time after time, on the game's biggest stage.

I don't think enough people here really grasp that concept.

MJ got this one. I belive Dirk has the best fade-away jumper in todays game. You might say that Kobe's looks better and is more of a "true" fade-away, but dirk fade-away on all his shots and he shoots a higher % from the floor. Also Nash should be added. His fade-away in the paint is money

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2KvlOOiFLUQ&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tiuwlyVbFpw&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pDBsKXCIdiY&feature=related

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    MJ got this one. I belive Dirk has the best fade-away jumper in todays game. You might say that Kobe's looks better and is more of a "true" fade-away, but dirk fade-away on all his shots and he shoots a higher % from the floor. Also Nash should be added. His fade-away in the paint is money

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2KvlOOiFLUQ&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tiuwlyVbFpw&feature=related
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=pDBsKXCIdiY&feature=related
    yeah dirk came to mind. nash is an interesting call. i think the op intended to discuss post up fadeaways in particular, but nash fades all the time. good call.

College star

that last one there from dirk is the best one. the other two look like he forced them.

The best ever was Reggie lewis. Wether it was a turnaround fadeaway or driving baseline pullup fadeaway. I really beleive if his career was prolonged he would have been known as the textbook form for a fadeaway. Better than Jordan's.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    The best ever was Reggie lewis. Wether it was a turnaround fadeaway or driving baseline pullup fadeaway. I really beleive if his career was prolonged he would have been known as the textbook form for a fadeaway. Better than Jordan's.
    my boy reggie with the baseline pullup! i never felt like he really faded that much. just sort of leaned back and stroked it in your face. lethal! man he was good. athletic. long. strong. good defender. had range. handle. reportedly dumb as a stump, but he could ball.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

all time jordan
    bigman its gotta be kg.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Jordan. But right now, still Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by dejordan
    my boy reggie with the baseline pullup! i never felt like he really faded that much. just sort of leaned back and stroked it in your face. lethal! man he was good. athletic. long. strong. good defender. had range. handle. reportedly dumb as a stump, but he could ball.
    This guy knew it!

Dirk has the best and most unstoppable fadeaway

Quote Originally Posted by Make It Rain
    Sheed's is underrated. When my team's playing the Pistons and it's in the 4th qtr, I cringe every time Sheed gets it on the block. Bird had a good fadeaway too. His release was so high and had such a large arc that it was impossible to block even though he doesn't get much elevation.
    Came here to post this. Not as the best, but as you said one of the most underrated.

I would probably say Bird. Quick example(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtpjCnOoO1Y

Players like Jordan, Dirk, Kobe, Wilt, Oscar or Hakeem can be argued.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
    Came here to post this. Not as the best, but as you said one of the most underrated.
    That makes three of us. Sheed's turnaround is money and he was one of the first names that popped up in my head upon reading the thread title.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

The cousins are underrated here. Vince and T-Mac. Best tho? Jordan.

All-time: Jordan from mid-range, Bird from 3PT.

Jordan always knew how to get open and his shot was a high %. While Bird from 3PT was deadly regardless if he was open or not - very high release with length made him almost unblockable.

Now: KG from mid-range and Dirk/Kobe from 3PT.

Not only KG's fadeway is automatic, its also high %, he is shooting 50% from 18-20FT. Dirk and Kobe are fantastic from 3PT (when they get hot, and Kobe plays smart )