Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

most asian people i kno hav no hops, and just shoot 3's all the time, but it doesnt even matter what race you are

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Saishi
    What kinda question is this, a baller is a baller..good or bad.

Check out http://fareastballers.com/
    I look forward to running with these people this spring and summer if they play in Shibuya or Shinjuku. Hopefully my game will improve enough to be out there... I hear that the best of the best in the tokyo and surrounding area hit these courts. I also hear its like you can get monumental crowds to watch.. I guess this would be like playing at the Rucker or W4th... getting excited about this...

They play b-ball differently here in Japan in regards to the half court game (1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc...)...
    I have been playing now with a crew of Japanese kids lately from my surrounding area. The kids that I play with have skills... They can shoot the pill lights out if you give them space and once you get in close they will drive... And1 is EXTREMELY poplular here so they can dribble effectively... they dont play a lot of defense but they play opportunist D. They are not too physical. The guys I play with do lack nuiances and strategies of the full court game... For ex. in a half court game there was a mismatch a 6' kid being played by a 5'8" kid. I had to keep telling him to just post him up.

Whats annoying for me is but its a blessing I always get matched up with the absolute best players offensive players when I'm on dfense and I get to guard the absolute best offensive players when i'm on D.

I recently started playing ball again after almost a 2 year layoff just dont have the stamina and skills at this point to be as good as i can be.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by hard_owt_baller
    asians are avergae b ball playaz... most of dem suk at dem 3 pont shots, but they will push and shove until theyy get a layup. sumtyms they dunk. it luks pretty...dull.

not being racist or n e fing, but asians need to stop f****** HOGGING da ball.
    Lol theres an asian player at my school who all he does is pass to get other shots. He has a wicked shot, he can sink 20 free throws in a row any time he wants and his 3 point shot is amazing. I basicaly disagree with everything you said

Default Re: What do you think about Asian ballers?

Im 5'8'' and I play PF in street games here in the Philippines because of my heft....I usually get blocked when I drive to the lane so I developed a deadly mid range ga,e and a hook shot.....it's hard being short but it doesn't mean that we can't adjust to it....Filipino's love basketball....that's why even if we're a short race, we still try our best to be good at this sport....

Info:
    The Philippine style of basketball is different from china and korea where three point shooting is the focus. Filipinos play the "american style" of play where isolations and other one on one offense are usually used. Because of the lack of height, we filipinos use our speed and quickness to score.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    I HATE WHEN YOU ASK ASAIN PPLE DO YOU WANNA PLAY A GAME AND THEY SAY NO. THAN A ASAIN GUYS ASKS IF THEY WANNA PLAY AND THEY SAY YES I HATE THAT!! ALSO I HATE WHEN U ASK AN ASIAN IF THEY WANNA PLAY A GAME AND THEY SAY THERE ARE LEAVING BUT THEY END UP STAYING THERE FOR ANOTHER 3 HOURS. THEY PISS ME OFF!!!!!
    IM LIKE
    im asian and i hate other asains who do that kinda ****. they only want to play with/againts their friends. it mostly the fobs who does that kinda ****.

JMEWLS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker09
    Im 5'8'' and I play PF in street games here in the Philippines because of my heft....I usually get blocked when I drive to the lane so I developed a deadly mid range ga,e and a hook shot.....it's hard being short but it doesn't mean that we can't adjust to it....Filipino's love basketball....that's why even if we're a short race, we still try our best to be good at this sport....

Info:
    The Philippine style of basketball is different from china and korea where three point shooting is the focus. Filipinos play the "american style" of play where isolations and other one on one offense are usually used. Because of the lack of height, we filipinos use our speed and quickness to score.
    Im half Filo, but im in AUS. Most Filo's i know that play ball, dont go out for 3's either, most try to drive pass you but if they cant they'll go settle for a mid-ranged shot.

In Aus all Asians i play with always try to go inside and shoot close ranged jumpers, some of them to are pretty great passers.

Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D OlDeRaDo_64's Avatar

Wink Re: What do you think about Asian ballers?

Asian Ballers are every where in my area, they are terrible! But im not rating all of them, i like asian ballers that are any good anyway like yao ming and well ... yao ming

Not airballing my layups anymore Chairman_Yao's Avatar

Yao Ming

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I look forward to running with these people this spring and summer if they play in Shibuya or Shinjuku. Hopefully my game will improve enough to be out there... I hear that the best of the best in the tokyo and surrounding area hit these courts. I also hear its like you can get monumental crowds to watch.. I guess this would be like playing at the Rucker or W4th... getting excited about this...st dont have the stamina and skills at this point to be as good as i can be
    I heard about fareastballers through Chris (one of the members), he's also a rapper. I think And1 style is popular in Japan because the lack of emphasis on playing D. There don't seem to be alot of places to play/see games outside of Shibuya... I'd actually love to catch a JBBA game, just to see how gameplay is different from the NBA (probably close to Euro league)...

Hopefully you get to play in Shibuya...Gambatte!
    バスケットボールの試合をベンチで見えない (And not be a bench warmer! ^^)w
    Last edited by Saishi; 02-14-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by Saishi
    I heard about fareastballers through Chris (one of the members), he's also a rapper. I think And1 style is popular in Japan because the lack of emphasis on playing D. There don't seem to be alot of places to play/see games outside of Shibuya... I'd actually love to catch a JBBA game, just to see how gameplay is different from the NBA (probably close to Euro league)...

Hopefully you get to play in Shibuya...Gambatte!
    バスケットボールの試合をベンチで見えない (And not be a bench warmer! ^^)w
    No outdoor parks to play in other than the ones I mentioned. Going to games here is cost prohibitive... They are basically from what I have seen to see the JBL and SuperJBL league roughtly ¥10,000 to ¥30,000 to watch...
    The places I go now since I have been there players are stepping up on the defense of end now. Mostly with block shots... Getting a little more physical.

One day I will vid our bball sessions...

Banned

Being exposed to ASIAN basketball, I would say South Korean and Philippines have the best basketball IQ and atleticism but they are short. China, Taiwan, Australia are way taller that's why they normally win during tournaments, if South Korea and Philippines are as tall as other Asians they will win all the time. I didn't mention Japan coz they're not into hoops, so they suck.

Im asian myself
    Where I live there are like really good basketball players that are asain. I know this 8th Grader that can almost dunk and hes like 6'0"

I know a 6'5" asian dude that can dunk the sh!t out of the ball.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by HollaBolla
    Being exposed to ASIAN basketball, I would say South Korean and Philippines have the best basketball IQ and atleticism but they are short. China, Taiwan, Australia are way taller that's why they normally win during tournaments, if South Korea and Philippines are as tall as other Asians they will win all the time. I didn't mention Japan coz they're not into hoops, so they suck.
    They are into hoops on some levels. The system here in Japan doesnt cultivate basketball players. I have run into a few good players being here. Sports in general is not as important until the latter stages probably HS/College. Sports here in Japan is a club activity like PE/Gym. The only sports that may be taken a little seriously at an early age is soccer and baseball. These sports are not really training for something better or to be pro. Many of the great Japanese athletes have no desire to be a professional or play internationally. Also space is such a constraint here that most sports activities cost money and its just not an expense most people want to pay. Tennis for example you must rent a court for basically $20 an hour. Sports on TV is not readily available and it comes at a cost so there are no real interest. But to claim it sucks is a little over exaggerated... The good players are not seen on TV or youtube(which is not well known here).

Saw a basketball once jumpman23's Avatar

Asian ballers rule dudde im asian and i can do basically every trick necessary to make some one trip up aaannnd i got ups ... and i dont get packed so stop making fun of asians cuz there just as good as any other race.