Default Re: Iverson is ruining Carmelo's career

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    i feel bad for carmelo
    Maybe The Answer is the better player?

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Maybe The Answer is the better player?
    Yes because years upon years of inefficient play and destroying any semblance of a flowing offense is OK as long as you can score 30 points with your 27 attempts.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by Da KO King
    Yes because years upon years of inefficient play and destroying any semblance of a flowing offense is OK as long as you can score 30 points with your 27 attempts.
    It's not just the points, it's the other facets of his game too. He's a better passer, better defender, and a better leader.

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

26 points, on 18.5 attempts. with 7.5 assists. seriously when melo breaks this shooting slump (yes missing wide open looks and post shots you normally make is a slump), denver may be western elite. why are people complaining?

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

AI ruined Eric Snow and Todd McCollah's (din't know exact spelling) career as well...

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisConley
    26 points, on 18.5 attempts. with 7.5 assists. seriously when melo breaks this shooting slump (yes missing wide open looks and post shots you normally make is a slump), denver may be western elite. why are people complaining?
    Using this season's averages to debate my point about Iverson's career as a whole...

This season the PG play for Denver has been buttcheeks. With Iverson as part of the platoon at that spot that does make him a part of the problem.

Most of you kiddies are just kicking Melo when he's down.

I'm so sick of hearing the AI haters with this same hackneyed f*cking line. People like to degrade AI's play and say "he scores 30 and does absolutely nothing for his team." Really? So he scores his 30 points all on his own and then the rest of the game the only time someone else on the team scores if they pick up his scraps? No, it isn't like that. Basketball goes beyond simple stats. The entire offense of the 76ers revolved around AI. Even if he didn't get assists, he got indirectly "assisted" his team.

Example: AI penetrates into the hole and dishes off to someone who makes another pass to someone else and the team scores. AI doesn't get an assist but he created the play. Honestly, AI contributes more to the Nuggets than his points per game. His assists are up, his steals are great, he is hitting the open shot, he is creating opportunities for his teammates, they just aren't make it. The Nuggets are in a slump right now, Melo being the front-runner of it all. Stop with this f*cking nonsense.

Local High School Star ChrisConley's Avatar

Using this season's averages to debate my point about Iverson's career as a whole...

This season the PG play for Denver has been buttcheeks. With Iverson as part of the platoon at that spot that does make him a part of the problem.
    i thought this thread was about how AI was ruining melo's career this year. my bust.

Dunking on everybody in the park the even bigger black guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    Joe Wait has returned? I thought we'd never see this racist claiming to be a medical doctor who weighs around 300lbs.
    best part is i told everyone about joe wait being fat in 2004 and he tried to deny it. now it's common knowledge.

Not airballing my layups anymore dorellcookwade's Avatar

Iverson isn't ruining Melo's career, Melo's in a slump and needs to pick himself up.

Lets GO PENS!

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    AI ruined Eric Snow and Todd McCollah's (din't know exact spelling) career as well...

Banned

iverson isnt ruinin anyones career... melo just sucks....i lol at people who thought melo>ai...iverson is just simply better and is a better leader... melo does nothin but score and grab few rebounds...

Quote Originally Posted by evinecz
    iverson isnt ruinin anyones career... melo just sucks....i lol at people who thought melo>ai...iverson is just simply better and is a better leader... melo does nothin but score and grab few rebounds...
    : Evinecz chiming in for his daily AI praise.

rank sentamentalist

It's not directly Iverson's fault, although indirectly, he plays his part. It's George Karl's fault more than anyone's. Give Melo the ball in the same place you've been giving it to him over the past year when he was [consistently] playing the role of most efficient scorer in the league, and maybe you'll get those past results. Catching the ball 25 feet from the basket is doing nothing to help Melo's game.