Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Micheal Jordan Denial

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    I kinda agree with the "right time right place".

Who knows what will happen if our current SG Stars get a chance to play back 15 years ago, surrounded by a supporting cast such as the Bulls with modernized atheletic move sets.
    Wow, that was a brilliant argument that completely rebutted all of the points that people have written to show that "right time, right place" is bullshyt invented by Kobe fans.

Seriously, really convicing stuff you wrote.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by clayton

Who knows what will happen if our current SG Stars get a chance to play back 15 years ago, surrounded by a supporting cast such as the Bulls with modernized atheletic move sets.
    What do you mean if they get to play with the Bulls supporting cast?

Jordan made that supporting cast what it was. He made them tough.

Pippen didn't develop for 4 years and the same for Grant. MJ aided those guys and worked with what he had. He didn't go out and ask to trade for a star or go to a star studded team like Kobe wants to.

Besides, these guys these days would cry if they had to play the Pistons, Knicks or Heat with the physical way they played.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    ask yo mama then when she get back.

Physically, MJ is just as good as the next superstar, nothing very special. What he can do, Lebron or Kobe can do

It's his mentality and charisma that sets him apart. He spread the winning attitude amongst his teammates. I doubt his teammates would be as good as they were without him in the picture. People keep saying he has great teammates, that's why he won so much championship. Well, I think his teammates are great largely because of him.

Sadly, I don't think the next next generation will acknowledge Jordan as #1.
    This right here shows that you have to be 8 years old. Come back when you learn some more about basketball and let grown folks talk. Run along now.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    ask yo mama then when she get back.

Physically, MJ is just as good as the next superstar, nothing very special. What he can do, Lebron or Kobe can do.

It's his mentality and charisma that sets him apart. He spread the winning attitude amongst his teammates. I doubt his teammates would be as good as they were without him in the picture. People keep saying he has great teammates, that's why he won so much championship. Well, I think his teammates are great largely because of him.

Sadly, I don't think the next next generation will acknowledge Jordan as #1.
    Well when someone gets 6 finals MVP, and the highest scoring average in all the season, playoffs and finals and the highest PER average along with the most seasons of 30+ PER then we can have a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
    What do you mean if they get to play with the Bulls supporting cast?

Jordan made that supporting cast what it was. He made them tough.

Pippen didn't develop for 4 years and the same for Grant. MJ aided those guys and worked with what he had. He didn't go out and ask to trade for a star or go to a star studded team like Kobe wants to.

Besides, these guys these days would cry if they had to play the Pistons, Knicks or Heat with the physical way they played.
    Look, don't bother with people like that clown or anyone else who can't offer detailed reasoning for their beliefs.

Anyone can come in and say "Duh, I think that today's swingmen are so athletic and so they are as good as Jordan"

Without saying anything to back up the claim.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    This right here shows that you have to be 8 years old. Come back when you learn some more about basketball and let grown folks talk. Run along now.
    To be our age and have seen it, it almost physically hurts to reads **** like that, it is so insulting. It is not a matter of being trapped in the past, more a matter of how much the younger fans will never know.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

Josh Smith is a better shotblocker than MJ!

Tim Hardaway had a better crossover

George Gervin could fingeroll better than MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I've said this once and I'll say it again....

Jordan = right place, right time

He'd just be another great swingman had he played in today's game. Jordan would be grouped wirth Kobe, Wade, Iverson and McGrady (also maybe LeBron).

How stupid are people becoming? The board is becoming infested with 8 year olds.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    I've said this once and I'll say it again....

Jordan = right place, right time

He'd just be another great swingman had he played in today's game. Jordan would be grouped wirth Kobe, Wade, Iverson and McGrady (also maybe LeBron).

Also his stats would not be as inflated due to Zone defense, non-hand checking rule and better athletes in his position and in the league.

No more 50 point games againt the Craig Ehlo's or the Danny Ainge's or the Jeff Malone's of the world. He'll now be facing some real, athletic competition.

Also players like Vince Carter, Jason Richardson, Josh Smith and about 10 others would put Jordan's "AIR" moniker to shame with their dunks compared the MJ's generic ones. He can kiss any Slam Dunk title away because he would NEVER win one in today's league.

Poseidon is quite possibly the worse poster in the history of ISH...agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    To be our age and have seen it, it almost physically hurts to reads **** like that, it is so insulting. It is not a matter of being trapped in the past, more a matter of how much the younger fans will never know.
    The problem with these little kids is that they think they know everything at like 12 or so instead of realizing that maybe they should learn some more before they try to talk to people who have been watching/analyzing the game for a long long time and have SEEN Jordan's career AND Kobe/LeBron/Wade, etc.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    Josh Smith is a better shotblocker than MJ!

Tim Hardaway had a better crossover

George Gervin could fingeroll better than MJ

Also, Jordan never, and I mean never got outplayed in any playoff series by anyone. He was always, and always the best player on the court and had the better numbers.

No other player in History can say that.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Poseidon is quite possibly the worse poster in the history of ISH...agree?
    Not to take away from the topic a hand but... BULLS?

Jordan was the greatest competitor I've ever seen in any sport ever. Period.

To those who think Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc. are better than Jordan, they have never actually seen Jordan play and watch his playoff series. If you did, you'd realize this is a foolish thread....

This is not making players in the past better than they were. Jordan was UNBELIEVABLE...literally. Ever time you watched him in a game, you would say, "Is this guy for real?"

I've said that about Kobe a couple of times. Lebron once (in the playoffs). Wade never.
    Last edited by bagelred; 12-18-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    Truly.

I mean, I'm sure all generations go through it, where they favor players of the past they remember. I mean I'm sure some people from NY in the '50's still think Mickey Mantle was the greatest or that Jim Brown was the greatest in Cleveland.

That being said; just because I thought Joe Montana was the best QB I've ever seen for example, doesn't mean that Tom Brady isn't or won't be better. Or that Albert Pujols will be better than Lou Gehrig or whatever.
    I mean, I feel most rational people are pretty open to players coming along who are better. It's only natural.

Except...

for Michael Jordan. To me, he is the exception. I will NEVER forget how great he was, because the whole time in the late '80's (and early '90's to an extent) I kept saying to myself and friends, don't EVER forget just how great this guy is and exactly what you are watching.

The scary thing about MJ is that the words on that statue outside the UC, with the best there ever was/will be, are kind of true.

I mean, I am almost positive some gentic freak will come along and be better. But it is going to take SO much to do it. I don't see it happening for the longest time.

I mean, MJ is just a couple cuts above any athlete I've ever seen. Physically, but even moreso mentally.

KG >> Duncan, Kobe

Michael Jordan will always be the greatest in Basketball
    Babe Ruth will always be the greatest in Baseball
    Wayne Gretzky will always be the greatest in Hockey
    Ali will always be the greatest in Boxing

Each of those player did too much for their respective sport. MJ has so much influence on the game that it is not even funny. People still wear his jumpman and air jordan headband and shoes.

Do you see anyone wearing a Kobe headband?