Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: top ten european players not in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    Hey b.jerk you wanna list your top 10 players outside of nba now?
    David Andersen of CSKA
    Tiago Splitter of Tau Victoria
    Lynn Greer of Olympiacos
    Marcus Fizer and Yotam Halperin of Maccabi
    Loren Woods of Efes
    Tomas Speilgel of Prokom and now CSKA
    Felipe Reyes of Real Madrid
    Michael Batiste of Panathaikos
    Chuck Eidson and Hollis Price(looked really good against maccabi and Rytas earned spots) of Rytas

Honorable mention Rudy Fernandez of DKV Joventut, Raviv Limonad of Le Manns(great player on a marginal team), Danilo Gallinari, Jasikevicius and Spanoulis of Panathaikos(It's the post players that define the team and not the guards), the entire CSKA team, Hodges of Cibola, Pekrovic of Parizan and most of the Panathaikos team.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    David Andersen of CSKA
    Lynn Greer of Olympiacos
    Loren Woods of Efes
    Chuck Eidson and Hollis Price(looked really good against maccabi and Rytas earned spots) of Rytas

Honorable mention Rudy Fernandez of DKV Joventut, Raviv Limonad of Le Manns(great player on a marginal team), Danilo Gallinari, Jasikevicius and Spanoulis of Panathaikos(It's the post players that define the team and not the guards), the entire CSKA team, Hodges of Cibola, Pekrovic of Parizan and most of the Panathaikos team.
    Obviously you are a proud Israeli. That's good!
    It's nice to be proud, but it doesn't have to turn you brain dead.

Yotam Halperin is not even top 20 and Raviv Limonad is a nice player but doesn't deserve to be mentioned here.

Oh, and ACB (3rd best league in the world after NBA and Euroleague) is lightyears ahead of Israeli league in everything.
    Money, Marketing, crowd, talent, level, playing halls,everything.

The only Israeli team that would do well in ACB is Maccabi.
    Besides that? as a franchise only Hapoel Jerusalem could play there, not as a contender though, but that's it (Beni Hasharon and Holon could perhaps compete in the ACB this year cause they have an exceptional period, but not year in and year out)

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gsafier

Yotam Halperin is not even top 20 and Raviv Limonad is a nice player but doesn't deserve to be mentioned here.

Oh, and ACB (3rd best league in the world after NBA and Euroleague) is lightyears ahead of Israeli league in everything.

Besides that? as a franchise only Hapoel Jerusalem could play there, not as a contender though, but that's it (Beni Hasharon and Holon could perhaps compete in the ACB this year cause they have an exceptional period, but not year in and year out)
    I hope everyone understands why b.jerk says the things he does because this man explained everything that was still unclear to him

I'm going to be polite but when you admit Hapoel Jerusalem, Hapoel Holon and Bnei Hasharon could compete in the acb but Ironi Nahayria, Ramat Gan, Ironi Ashkelon, Le Zion and Afuna couldn't shows that you're not well informed. Hapoel Holon and Bnei Hasharon are just as good as and Hapoel Jerusalem isn't much better(if they are) as Ironi Nahayria, Ramat Gan, Ironi Ashkelon, Le Zion and Afuna. Even the worst team Galil Elyon had some nice wins in the ULEB and some close losses that prevented them from advancing despite losing their coach and two best players in the offseason and having a coaching change during the season.

About Yotam Halperin your national team coach said he was one of the best pg in the euroleague in the eurobasket and he's even better this season and without him Maccabi's season would be a disaster. I'm not saying Yotam Halperin is as good as Steve Nash but they play a similar type of game and if Steve Nash can be mvp of the nba than Yotam Halperin can be considered as one of the best players in the euroleague.

About Raviv Limonad his teammates at Ironi Nahayria were better than his teammates at Le Manns and please don't argue that Nicolas Batum is a good euroleague player because he isn't but he has potential. I mentioned forty players on the list and the fact that Raviv Limonad won two euroleague despite being doubled and tripled team because his teammates were so bad that they could. He's the best player I've seen playing in France and he's earned consideration in the top forty.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 02-02-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

I'm going to be polite but when you admit Hapoel Jerusalem, Hapoel Holon and Bnei Hasharon could compete in the acb but Ironi Nahayria, Ramat Gan, Ironi Ashkelon, Le Zion and Afuna couldn't shows that you're not well informed. Hapoel Holon and Bnei Hasharon are just as good as and Hapoel Jerusalem isn't much better(if they are) as Ironi Nahayria, Ramat Gan, Ironi Ashkelon, Le Zion and Afuna. Even the worst team Galil Elyon had some nice wins in the ULEB and some close losses that prevented them from advancing despite losing their coach and two best players in the offseason and having a coaching change during the season.
    Thank you for being polite, but you totally missed my point.
    I wasn't talking about this year in particular, but rather on the long-term ability of the franchise.

Yes, Hapoel Jerusalem kind of fell on their faces this year but a franchise with 5,000,000$ and a potential to bring 6,000 fans every game, could make it in the ACB.
    But Beni-Hasharon and Holon, despite having a good year, and other clubs like Naharia and the Galille simply don't have the budget and fan base to compete in the ACB for a long term.
    Perhaps Holon, Naharia, and Galille together with the late Hapoel Tel-Aviv have the potential to be there at some point in the future, but not now.

Thank you for being polite, but you totally missed my point.
    I wasn't talking about this year in particular, but rather on the long-term ability of the franchise.

Yes, Hapoel Jerusalem kind of fell on their faces this year but a franchise with 5,000,000$ and a potential to bring 6,000 fans every game, could make it in the ACB.
    But Beni-Hasharon and Holon, despite having a good year, and other clubs like Naharia and the Galille simply don't have the budget and fan base to compete in the ACB for a long term.
    Perhaps Holon, Naharia, and Galille together with the late Hapoel Tel-Aviv have the potential to be there at some point in the future, but not now.
    This belongs in the israel thread and I'll give my answer there.

Hey b.jerk you know the question was for top ten EUROPEAN players right? Quite a few of your guys are not European, in fact only Spiegel and Reyes are Euros.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

David Andersen of CSKA
    Lynn Greer of Olympiacos
    Loren Woods of Efes

As the person that started this thread,I hate to see people not understanding the title.its the best 10 "european"players not in the nba.
    Honourable mention to the best player in the ACB is a joke!!Van den spiegel and loren woods?? please?Halperin better than Rudy?
    best passer in the euroleague(and not in this list as he is argentinian), is pepe sanchez!not Halperin!
    Last edited by la bomba; 02-10-2008 at 04:38 PM.

European pgs better than halperin:Rubio.Cabezas.Papaloukas.jasikevicius.zis is.
    Vujanic(now at Dynamo Moscow).Lakovic.and probably another 20 or so!!
    If you add sg's then the number is huge!!Siskaukas,rudy,Galinari etc etc etc.
    Only cause his coach says he is the best pg doesn't make him the best pg!
    I can't remember what my list was,but without looking I'll refresh it.
    1/Rudy Fernandez
    2/Nicola Vujcic
    3/Matjaz Smodis
    4/Theo Papaloukas
    5/Felipe Reyes
    6/Saras Jasikevicius
    7/Ricky Rubio
    8/Nikola Pekovic
    9/ramunas Siskaukas
    10/Marc Gasol

This list could be changed in order and also have a few other names like Lakovic,Lavrinovic,etc etc but atleast it is a list of european players not in the NBA,no brazilians with spanish passports ,no americans etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    European pgs better than halperin:Rubio.Cabezas.Papaloukas.jasikevicius.zis is.
    Vujanic(now at Dynamo Moscow).Lakovic.and probably another 20 or so!!
    If you add sg's then the number is huge!!Siskaukas,rudy,Galinari etc etc etc.
    Only cause his coach says he is the best pg doesn't make him the best pg!
    I can't remember what my list was,but without looking I'll refresh it.
    1/Rudy Fernandez
    2/Nicola Vujcic
    3/Matjaz Smodis
    4/Theo Papaloukas
    5/Felipe Reyes
    6/Saras Jasikevicius
    7/Ricky Rubio
    8/Nikola Pekovic
    9/ramunas Siskaukas
    10/Marc Gasol

This list could be changed in order and also have a few other names like Lakovic,Lavrinovic,etc etc but atleast it is a list of european players not in the NBA,no brazilians with spanish passports ,no americans etc etc..
    Rudy Fernandez best player in europe and Ricky Rubio seventh best player in europe and twenty better point guards in europe better than the starting point guard of maccabi tel aviv, okay no acb bias here(sarcasm).

4 players play in ACB, out of 10 thats not that great a bias.Its a fact that there are a lot of great players there.
    Halperin is no way the best pg,the 20 comment was sarcasm,but not too far fetched.Maccabi was playing with bynum as pg.You are delusional if you think Yotam is the best pg in europe of even in the top 5!as good a player as he is.
    Anyway I wouldn't have added him in the list,as I have asked the question of top european players! If you want to make a list with your top ten european players I would very much like to discuss otherwise if you are still not going to come up with a list just lets forget the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    4 players play in ACB, out of 10 thats not that great a bias.Its a fact that there are a lot of great players there.
    Halperin is no way the best pg,the 20 comment was sarcasm,but not too far fetched.Maccabi was playing with bynum as pg.You are delusional if you think Yotam is the best pg in europe of even in the top 5!as good a player as he is.
    Anyway I wouldn't have added him in the list,as I have asked the question of top european players! If you want to make a list with your top ten european players I would very much like to discuss otherwise if you are still not going to come up with a list just lets forget the argument.
    It depends who you askied I'm sure the Oklahoma City Sonics believe Yotam Halperin is a top 5 point guard. Now I don't believe Oklahoma City is an objective source but the Serbian national team is and they believe he's one of the top point guards europe and I believe he will show he's one of the top point guards in the second stage.

so are you gonna make a list or not? ill make another top 10 EUROPEAN list for you to make your life easier(i wont include the players mentioned in la bomba's list)
    1. Arvydas Macijauskas
    2. Rimantas Kaukenas
    3. K. Lavrinovic
    4. D. Lavrinovic
    5. Dimitris Diamantidis
    6. Danilo Galinari
    7. Gianluca Basile
    8. Igor Rakocevic
    9. Jaka Lakovic
    10. Marko Milic

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by simasu01
    so are you gonna make a list or not? ill make another top 10 EUROPEAN list for you to make your life easier(i wont include the players mentioned in la bomba's list)
    1. Arvydas Macijauskas
    2. Rimantas Kaukenas
    3. K. Lavrinovic
    4. D. Lavrinovic
    5. Dimitris Diamantidis
    6. Danilo Galinari
    7. Gianluca Basile
    8. Igor Rakocevic
    9. Jaka Lakovic
    10. Marko Milic

But where is Halperin? :cletus

He's israeli, therefore Asian.