Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Da Mavs

Default Re: Laker Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    So if the Lakers do not get Paul or Howard what then?
    Use the trade exception to pick up a bad contract for a decent player that at team would like to give up, such as Iggy.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
    So if the Lakers do not get Paul or Howard what then?
    Well if we don't offer Bynum and Gasol for Howard then no deal.

And if we don't get Paul, then we are in trouble at the PG position.

Overall, we just move on and hope the new additions of McRobert and Jason Kapono makes a different.

Decent college freshman LA.MJ&KB#1's Avatar

Hey, if the lakers wasn't going to get Howard or Paul, don't you think Kobe would have been heard. Just trust Mitch

Local High School Star magicmanfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Use the trade exception to pick up a bad contract for a decent player that at team would like to give up, such as Iggy.
    What about using the TE for Jamal Crawford (1 year) ?

Have him back up Fish and Kobe.... or play Kobe at the 3 sometimes....

This gives Kapono someone to compete for minutes with, same for
    Blake....

I really like the McRoberts signing, he can fill many of Lamar's minutes.

I think adding Crawford would add real firepower to our bench...

Quote Originally Posted by magicmanfan
    What about using the TE for Jamal Crawford (1 year) ?

Have him back up Fish and Kobe.... or play Kobe at the 3 sometimes....

This gives Kapono someone to compete for minutes with, same for
    Blake....

I really like the McRoberts signing, he can fill many of Lamar's minutes.

I think adding Crawford would add real firepower to our bench...
    The reason its called a trade exception is because you can only use this in a trade when salaries don't match. It is by no means any sort of cap room to sign free agents. That would defeat the purpose. Think about it this way, there is a certain balance of money all around the league, with a trade exception, you are not gaining or losing profit for the NBA, it is simply a shift of balance of money. Signing a free agent adds more money to be paid.

Honestly anything short of getting Chris Paul OR Dwight Howard is a disappointment for me, considering we already lost lamar odom.

This sucks. Now I'm hearing Paul to Clippers is back on again. SMH I hope we can at least just get Dwight then. If not, then **** this season.

I know it sounds pessimistic as **** but I can't help but say

yep, just lost chris ****ing paul now to the clippers

High School Varsity 6th Man

Yeah. We lost Chris Paul and it doesn't look like we're getting Dwight. So I say lets sign Baron Davis and try to make a trade for Samuel Dalembert as our backup center, and maybe make a move for Iguodala.

Cut Fisher, Walton, Ratliff, and Joe Smith and I say that we have a pretty strong balanced team with really good depth.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Yeah. We lost Chris Paul and it doesn't look like we're getting Dwight. So I say lets sign Baron Davis and try to make a trade for Samuel Dalembert as our backup center, and maybe make a move for Iguodala.

Cut Fisher, Walton, Ratliff, and Joe Smith and I say that we have a pretty strong balanced team with really good depth.
    with what? we got nothing 0 assets..only pau and bynum are our trade chips now

Bit disappointed to see CP3 gone to the Clips.

I hope Mitch had some other plan from the beginning. Losing LO was a major blow IMO.. more about losing a major trade-chip than about gaining the trade exception..

I am not a big fan of a trade exception.. I'd rather have just done Odom for Marion 1for1 if possible. I think Marion would have been a perfect fit - or maybe even Butler sign-and-trade for LO. I am sure Butler would have agreed to that and so would the Mavs - could make the argument that it would be LO or gain nothing in return for Butler..

I felt it was a rash decision, but it's ok. What's done is done. It's time to look forward, and I am hoping Mitch is looking at another player that we have not even considered. I have trust in that man.. Remember... Who was even considering Pau trade to the Lakers?

Honestly I would give Bynum and Pau for Dwight if it means looking ahead into the future.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    Honestly I would give Bynum and Pau for Dwight if it means looking ahead into the future.
    Are we looking to rebuild? If so then yes do the deal. Now ask yourself, does Dwight want to go to a rebuilding team? thats the other question.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Are we looking to rebuild? If so then yes do the deal. Now ask yourself, does Dwight want to go to a rebuilding team? thats the other question.
    With Dwight we set ourself up right now as well as the future when Kobe retires. Kobe is still gonna play ball for the next 2-3 years before hitting a serious decline (predicted).

I just don't see how we could stick with Gasol who is 31 years old, and Bynum who has a BIG question mark about staying healthy and completing an entire season without injuries. Gasol's value is good right now so waiting isnt a good thing (Dwight becomes a free agent next summer anyway and will have teams pursuing him). Also, to think that the LAKERS are the ones stepping away because Orlando will gladly take these two off our hands for Dwight Howard!

I'd give them up right now if it means getting the best center in the league, 3x DPOY who is 26 years old. The Lakers front office will sign role players to build around this Dwight/Kobe core as well as the signings we already did (McRoberts, Green?, etc) to make a championship team this season.

Local High School Star DirtySanchez's Avatar

I got o admit....in a way I'm more pisst about trading Lamar or nothing to the Mavs over the Stern veto.

CP3 goin to the Clips does sting only because he should of been with us.

And now Howard is staying put? And they want Gasol n Bynum for Howard?

At this point I don't know anymore......

TBH, I don't even know if they would agree for Gasol & Bynum for Dwight. They also WANT to include Hedo's deal no matter what. Money-wise, it works with Hedo & Dwight for Gasol & Bynum.

The other issue that comes into play is draft picks. Orlando would not be able to get the draft picks if they did LA/Orlando straight up.. Sure, Lakers can give multiple first round picks but what would they be worth? Maybe if it was 3-4 first round picks for the next 4-5 years, they would be worth a bit more..