Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast

Default Re: OT : Funniest poster on ISH

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm not a fan of dry humor. Which is why I never liked Seinfeld. I'm more of a Martin type of guy.
    I don't like Seinfeld either. I'm more of the Curb Your Enthusiasm though, and Married With Children funny.

You're more of the The Wire type funny with Lester and his witty remarks.

Annoying huh? Well, not always. You can be annoying yourself. "Pay Me Homage Kid!"

rank sentamentalist

I'm not a fan of dry humor. Which is why I never liked Seinfeld. I'm more of a Martin type of guy.
    Martin? Next you're going to tell me House of Payne is worthy of the trillions of advertisements it manages to put out.

5-time NBA All-Star

Waz going to state the same.

Martin iz definitely up there. So is Fresh Prince. In Living Color and moviez like Dumb and Dumber are valued above Big Lebowski. Seinfield and Office just don't cut it.

My preferencez lie in slapstick, irony, outrageousness, juxtaposition, movie referencez, swagga, style, etc. Doezn't necessarily mean Adam Sandler tho. Never been an avid fan of Colbert or Stewart or the "wit" you speak of Ridonk-son. Will provoke a smirk on thy Jefferson'z face, but not a hearty laugh. The immature Sh!t will forever remain in my heart and my hypothalamus.

Different folks for different strokez. May seem incredibly shallow but compare a Whack (White + Black) dude from Philly to a Jewish Brooklyn kid wit different upbringingz. Can't help but laugh at what makez ya laugh.
    Last edited by JEFFERSON MONEY; 11-28-2008 at 04:13 PM.

Are you dissing Martin? The early seasons of Martin are superior to prime Seinfeld. Seinfeld is tedious at times.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Are you dissing Martin? The early seasons of Martin are superior to prime Seinfeld. Seinfeld is tedious at times.
    Nothing beats prime Seinfeld. Hell, nothing beats the last few seasons of sub-prime Seinfeld. Martin can't touch the gold that Larry David ****s out, even if it is a decent show at times.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Nothing beats prime Seinfeld. Hell, nothing beats the last few seasons of sub-prime Seinfeld. Martin can't touch the gold that Larry David ****s out, even if it is a decent show at times.
    As far as 90s sitcoms go it is Frasier>News Radio>Martin>Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Martin? Next you're going to tell me House of Payne is worthy of the trillions of advertisements it manages to put out.

1. Martin was a classic, and I'll admit the later seasons it got weak. But that show was so amazing it set trends that exist til today. Much of his lingo, comedy was jacked and incoportated into households, society even! The simple way he used to change his voice while making a funny face? Is done today. Bigtime impact. I love that in your face humor. Tommy/Cole walk in? Martin lays into them. Pam? Lays into her.

2. House of Payne? I never saw that before. Thats the Tyler Perry sitcom he produces right? Looks wack. I hardly watch tv sitcoms nowadays. Doesnt rival the ones in the past. Too much reality tv is on.

Not a HUGE fan of Martin myself, but Martin easily > Seinfield.

Frasier>News Radio>Martin>Seinfeld
    Never seen Frasier. Never heard of News Radio. wtf is that?

My favorite kind of humor is the subtle kind, the Kenny Maybe "In tackle football news" kind of humor. Kinda describes Bigkingsfan. Doesn't go for over the top humor. Excellent one liners w/o appearing as if he's trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Waz going to state the same.

Martin iz definitely up there. So is Fresh Prince. In Living Color and moviez like Dumb and Dumber are valued above Big Lebowski. Seinfield and Office just don't cut it.

My preferencez lie in slapstick, irony, outrageousness, juxtaposition, movie referencez, swagga, style, etc. Doezn't necessarily mean Adam Sandler tho. Never been an avid fan of Colbert or Stewart or the "wit" you speak of Ridonk-son. Will provoke a smirk on thy Jefferson'z face, but not a hearty laugh. The immature Sh!t will forever remain in my heart and my hypothalamus.

Different folks for different strokez. May seem incredibly shallow but compare a Whack (White + Black) dude from Philly to a Jewish Brooklyn kid wit different upbringingz. Can't help but laugh at what makez ya laugh.
    Agree with the bold.

And of course each person has thier own "whats funny to me" thing. I'm GOBB, if I dont big up my funny over yours? My ego softens.

Never seen Frasier. Never heard of News Radio. wtf is that?
    Frasier is a show that relied on wit. It had really good sight gags. The writers probably dragged the Niles and Daphne storyline for too long. Even in it's twilight years it was still head and shoulders above any other 90s sitcom. The show was a bit on the homo side. My fellow thugs, the show was on before the goon era, gave me grief for watching the show.

News Radio came on Tues and Wed on NBC. I got into it because it came on late at night. Phil Hartman played a supporting role and stole the show.

rank sentamentalist

As far as 90s sitcoms go it is Frasier>News Radio>Martin>Seinfeld
    You're nuts.

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I wasn't actually comparing Martin to House of Payne, clearly separe leagues for them. And I can say that having not watched a single second of HoP. I'm that sure of myself.

Frasier's pretty solid, but I find the opposite - I can watch Seinfeld episodes dozens of times in a row and still chuckle at all of them. Frasier gets a little tedious to me, and isn't where I go if I'm looking for straight laughs. Well-made show with that same dry wit, but hardly a lol type of show. Seinfeld on the other hand is the best of both worlds.

Frasier is a show that relied on wit. It had really good sight gags. The writers probably dragged the Niles and Daphne storyline for too long. Even in it's twilight years it was still head and shoulders above any other 90s sitcom. The show was a bit on the homo side. My fellow thugs, the show was on before the goon era, gave me grief for watching the show.

News Radio came on Tues and Wed on NBC. I got into it because it came on late at night. Phil Hartman played a supporting role and stole the show.
    I could tolerate Frasier to and extent. The homoerotic/metrosexual mannerisms/tendencies of Niles bugged the $hit out of me and the last two seasons were also bile.

rank sentamentalist

Never been an avid fan of Colbert or Stewart or the "wit" you speak of Ridonk-son. Will provoke a smirk on thy Jefferson'z face, but not a hearty laugh.
    Stewart gets me going all the time. It's rare that I go a few minutes watching him without at least having a solid out-loud chuckle. Colbert not so much - I respect his genius, but it gets old. I'll still watch it, but I'm in the same boat as you where I rarely laugh, but always smirk.

I do admit I like the dry stuff more. Wayne's World, Zoolander, Friday, those are all gold, but I'll stick to Coen comedies, Thank You For Smoking, Strangelove, Hot Fuzz, even stuff like Ferris Buellor. That's more along my sense of humour.

Apatow's kinda putting both of those genres together in a sense - taking the best of both worlds with most of his recent stuff. I guess that's why they're so popular. Actually, the Simpsons kinda does that too if you think about it. It's got the crude slapstick stuff, but on the other hand, it's incredibly smart. Explains its popularity too.