Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    -primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: the NFL brings in more money than World Soccer

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    Congratulations.
    thank you thank you thank you

anyways...

someone needs to hunt down a 2007 NFL value list...I can't find one...I want to see how much my Boys are worth these days and if they are #1 now

i also wouldn't mind seeing how much the Yankees are worth...

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    yeah...I can understand how it takes more money to run more teams and shorting it to only 32 teams would attract all the fans that did not have a team...true

and the point on the salary cap is true as well...I have no idea what the salary cap is in soccer but I will take your word for it that they make more than NFL players I guess....although I could have sworn I saw that Peyton Manning was the #2 highest paid athlete last year...but I believe you...

btw... 5000 posts

yeah to me!

good for u, damn hillybilly redneck.
    have you bred with ur sister yet?
    damn amerikans.

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider236
    damn amerikans.
    Where are you from?

He's lives on the corner of Desperate and Lonely.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by LowRider236
    damn amerikans.
    you must really hate your life....

do us all a favor and jump off a building....your life is headed that way anyway.

I usually hit open layups

it is simple...

8.8% of Europe's 710,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 62,480,000 people

4.4% of the United States 300,000,000 population is unemployed.

that is 13,200,000 people

thus there are more poor people in Europe than in the United States....the unemployment % proves your theory that "averages are bad" wrong
    Uhm. It seems there's some things you don't know. An unemployed person in Italy is of course poor in comparison with one who has a job, but if by poor we mean someone who has troubles to live (not to live well and have a plasma tv. just live), then he is not.
    An unemployed person still receives the same medical treatments that workers have for free (and that's something that doesn't happen in the US, correct me if I'm wrong).. the son of an unemployed person can attend university without having to contract a debt with the institutions.. and the unemployed, proven that he is trying to find a job, can receive something called "unemployement cheque", statal money given to get the minimum necessary to live a decent life.

Saw a basketball once

ok I get it now....

they say this at the end:

NFL totals (32 Teams) $23,443
    NFL totals (Top 20 Teams) $15,881
    World Soccer totals (20 Teams) $8,853
    Number of "Leeds United" equivalent teams needed to equal NFL valuation / revenue: 99

according to you guys Leeds is now bankrupt but in 2004 they were worth $150 mill....

so they are saying that there would have to be 99 more teams worth $150 mill in World soccer to equal the NFL....but there are not 99 more worth that much.

so in 2004 the NFL was worth more than ALL soccer clubs combined...although that could be different now in 2007 with Beckham and everything
    you don't get it; there are literally thousands and thousands of soccer teams. And also, you should take into account, that you have to differentiate between league and international play. So, you also have to include the money the FIFA generates at the WC or UEFA (European soccer federation) at the EC, ...

Also, you have to include the national federations. The DFB (German federation) for example got an offer from NIKE to pay 500 mill. Euros for an eight year contract to supply the equipment for the German national team, instead of Adidas. The DFB has nearly 7 million members, and I'm pretty sure that they generate several hundred million dollars per year. And so on...

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by orfeomorfeo-ita
    Uhm. It seems there's some things you don't know. An unemployed person in Italy is of course poor in comparison with one who has a job, but if by poor we mean someone who has troubles to live (not to live well and have a plasma tv. just live), then he is not.
    An unemployed person still receives the same medical treatments that workers have for free (and that's something that doesn't happen in the US, correct me if I'm wrong).. the son of an unemployed person can attend university without having to contract a debt with the institutions.. and the unemployed, proven that he is trying to find a job, can receive something called "unemployement cheque", statal money given to get the minimum necessary to live a decent life.
    ok...

Americans recieve "unemployment" and "welfare" money though...

hey, I am not trying to say that Euros are poor, the whole point was to point out that the US has more money than all of Europe so that should be an indicator as to why the NFL makes so much money when compared to soccer...that's all.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Pakalolo
    you don't get it; there are literally thousands and thousands of soccer teams. And also, you should take into account, that you have to differentiate between league and international play. So, you also have to include the money the FIFA generates at the WC or UEFA (European soccer federation) at the EC, ...

Also, you have to include the national federations. The DFB (German federation) for example got an offer from NIKE to pay 500 mill. Euros for an eight year contract to supply the equipment for the German national team, instead of Adidas. The DFB has nearly 7 million members, and I'm pretty sure that they generate several hundred million dollars per year. And so on...
    yeah but those thousands and thousands do not add up to 99 teams worth $150 mill each....most of those teams are worth nothing

I understand your point about the world cup though, and I agree with it.

I rule the local playground

People trying to find excuses for the NFL being top dog. Which it is.

-primetime-

why is my post count below 5000 today?

just noticed that...

oh well

In regards to this whole Europe/US rich poor thing why are we comparing the unemployment rate of a continent to a country?

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
    In regards to this whole Europe/US rich poor thing why are we comparing the unemployment rate of a continent to a country?
    I said that part of the reason the the NFL makes so much in comparison to euro soccer is because the US has more money and there are so many poor areas in Europe...

Hawker said "prove it"....so I did

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States and the US has more money and a lower unemployment rate...8.8% compared to 4.4% are unemployed...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I said that part of the reason the the NFL makes so much in comparison to euro soccer is because the US has more money and there are so many poor areas in Europe...

Hawker said "prove it"....so I did

Europe has more than twice the population of the United States and the US has more money and a lower unemployment rate...8.8% compared to 4.4% are unemployed...
    That didnt prove they were poor just less rich than the US.

The NFL isnt top dog in the world that's for sure.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    That didnt prove they were poor just less rich than the US.

The NFL isnt top dog in the world that's for sure.
    lol...there are plenty of poor people in Europe....give it up

it proved there are more unemployed "poor" areas in Europe than in the US

and the NFL isn't the top sport, but it is the top sport's league in the world.

combining all the soccer leagues in the world vs. the NFL isn't very fair....I didn't include college football and college football makes an ass load of money.....there are arena league football teams worth more than alot of soccer clubs.