Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2835363738

Thread: Real NBA Height

Default Re: Real NBA Height

Didnt know steve nash is only 6’1.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post

Shaq is supposed to be 7"1 in shoes and Yao 7"6 in shoes. Is it me or does this look like more than 5 inches in difference? Theres no perception trickery like Shaq being further back from the camera to appear smaller. I just looked at a height comparison tool and judging by where the top of Shaqs head is( in line with the bottom of Yaos ears roughly) in order to get that effect on the tool I had to make the taller person 7"8. I know not terribly scientific, but still....Yao looks ALOT bigger than Shaq here.
    Shaq is much closer to 7"0 than to 7"1 anyway - he was being listed taller as most of them were really for marketing and intimidation purposes

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    Shaq is much closer to 7"0 than to 7"1 anyway - he was being listed taller as most of them were really for marketing and intimidation purposes
    Yes, '7"1 in shoes' as I said before, or 7" without. I'm assuming they're both at their listed NBA heights here wearing shoes, and it looks like much more than 5 inches in height difference. If there is a legit 5 inch difference the top of Shaq's head should be lined up with Yao's eye brows, not the bottom of his ears.

[

Sim Bhullar is listed at 7'5 and even though he's leaning a bit, this is still closer in line with how I would expect Shaq to look compared to Yao based on their official measurements.

Saw a basketball once

So, I just found a single site with a list of all the tallest basketball players of all time. While no Celtics made the list entirely, you should still find it to be an interesting read. Manute Bol was the highest NBA player ever, 7'7 behind, with Sultan Kosen the highest player in the WORLD, 7'11!!!
    Gheorghe Mureșan is the living legend with same height as that of Bol.

A legendary real NBA heights thread