Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Default Re: #1 Player RIGHT NOW (According To ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Dodonpa
    wtf are you talking about, son?
    type properly before i smack u back into your momma's womb
    coming from a guy that just said momma and wtf.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    Dumbest post in ISH history?

Kobe has 3 titles. You don't. Nice try.
    Duncan has 4 titles. You don't. Nice try.

Not airballing my layups anymore truwarrior93's Avatar

gotta go with kobe, i mean no one in the leauge can stop him although my man ron can slow him down a bit no one can shut kb24 down. Duncan is not the best but is the big fundamental and at timz he is unstoppable with that bank shot as well, but bryant is still #1 and lebron is next after td.

goddamn joey91 cannot put a decent sentence together. All he does is post one liners or 1.5 liners.

Why does Duncan need to prove himself with huge stats when he doesnt even need to do that to win. He can just dominate the paint and allow others to score by the way he plays.

bulls has horrible logic and wit joey91 by your side you won be doing well.

An Icon Forever

- Kobe scored 81 points, the most amazing feat in NBA history. For a wing player to score 81 points on anybody, in any game, just shows how incredibly athletic and skilled he is.

- Kobe has won back to back scoring titles. There are many fools who think stats mean nothing. Stats mean nearly everything. Stats show just how great an individual player is. Kobe put up 35.4 ppg in 2006, a number that is just unheard of.

- Kobe tried to get his WNBA teammates involved earlier during the this season, and it was evident by his single digit first half point performances. Once he realized how much ass his team sucked, he decided to take over by scoring, knowing that it was the only way to lead such a pathetic team to the playoffs. If you recall, he was well behind Carmelo for the league lead for a good amount of the season. 31.6 ppg is nowhere near his peak.

- Kobe won 3 titles.

- Kobe has, on numerous occassions, been compared to Jordan, the greatest player of all-time. Experts don't compare a player to the greatest for no reason, or predict that he will go down as the greatest for no reason either. They do it because he is that good.

Which experts are saying he will go down as the greatest ever?

Do you actually believe he is going to end up better than Jordan?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jo3y91
    coming from a guy that just said momma and wtf.
    What the hell is this?

What you guys are forgetting about Duncan, is that he's probably the most unselfish superstar in the game right now. If he really wanted to, he could score 25 and stack up his numbers, to prove to you guys he's capable of putting up Kobe like numbers...and Kobe is NOT selfish, he is forced to put up big numbers on the Lakers. I hate it when people compare anything but their skill set...Kobe is in a much worse situation then Duncan, his numbers are inflated because he's forced to do his very best, Duncan can ease up during the season and let his teammates do the work, doesn't mean he can't dominate the game when he wants to, or when his teams need him to. Just look at what he does in the playoffs when his team needs them the most, guy is the best player in the world bar none, and I'm a huge Kobe fan.

Talent wise, I mean PURE talent there is no one that can eclipse Kobe right now...to me his work ethic, determination and willingness to win games at all cost is second to none, I don't think beside maybe Garnett & Iverson...I have not seen a player today that can match Kobe's passion to win games.

Love me or Hate me Unreal Skill's Avatar

I have to go with Kobe...that dude can score on will. He can shoot, drive, play decent D, and is clutch. Sometime it seem he is unstoppable...just scoring play after play, even when doubled team.

A Diamond In the Rough

play decent D
    Kobe is actually a terrific defender and is VERY underrated by the fan base, as I noticed. Everyone are quick to claim he gambles way too much and he doesn't try...which is a very valid point and I fully agree, but when he does try to play defense mainly late in the game, I would not pick a single basketball player right now in the game over him to cover a perimeter player.

He is better then Artest, Bowen, Wallace, Kirilenko, Prince etc...I believe he has the better instinct, lateral movement, quickness and smarts...those players make their dough by containing superstars game in game out, they are known primarily for their defense, so fans usually tend to compare them to Kobe. Kobe has to do a little of everything for his team...plus there is no reason for him to accumulate so much of his energy playing defense for a team like the Lakers, who are just horrible in every facet of the game, defensively.

Kobe probably doesn't deserve to make All-NBA team because he doesn't put an adequate effort game in game out like some of the other players, but I think he makes those teams because the experts agree with what I just said.

Very good NBA starter

Kobe

Duncans been at home relaxin enjoying his nba title while Kobes been working on his game for Team USA. Therefore "right now" Kobe.

Kobe has back to back scoring titles. Duncan doesn't. Nice try.

Kobe is a freakish athlete. You aren't. Nice try.
    What does being a freakish athlete and having back to back scoring titles get you? Nothing by the looks of kobe.

It depends what you are saying #1 is. If it is the most skilled player, it is 100% kobe. No one else even comes close skillwise.
    However, if it includes individual success AND team success, then it has to be 100% Duncan.

Banned

allen iverson is the best player right now.......

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles
    He is better then Artest, Bowen, Wallace, Kirilenko, Prince etc...I believe he has the better instinct, lateral movement, quickness and smarts....
    Kobe does not have better "defensive instincts" than guys like Kirilenko, Wallace, Prince etc.

Not airballing my layups anymore NBAFan's Avatar

Duncan