Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jokic Stan

Default Reminder: Embiid is a total fraud

Never passed the second round of the playoffs. Flops all over the court, free throw merchant, choke artist, constantly injured.

He's literally done nothing to cement himself as "great" in the playoffs. He has a massive drop from the regular season to the playoffs - 28.5 career PER in regular season down to 22.1 PER in the playoffs.

In playoff elimination games, Embiid averages 21.7ppg on 38.6 FG%, 25% 3 point percentage. Only a 48.7 TS%. This is the lowest 3-point% and second lowest FG% by an MVP for playoff elimination games in NBA history

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Reminder: Embiid is a total fraud

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Flops all over the court, free throw merchant, choke artist
    You just described Lebron James

Never passed the second round of the playoffs. Flops all over the court, free throw merchant, choke artist, constantly injured.

He's literally done nothing to cement himself as "great" in the playoffs. He has a massive drop from the regular season to the playoffs - 28.5 career PER in regular season down to 22.1 PER in the playoffs.

In playoff elimination games, Embiid averages 21.7ppg on 38.6 FG%, 25% 3 point percentage. Only a 48.7 TS%. This is the lowest 3-point% and second lowest FG% by an MVP for playoff elimination games in NBA history
    Are you talking about T-Mac?

When did anyone think otherwise?

Why couldnt you wait with this until the playoffs are over?

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

He is an all world talent, and all time skillset for his size.

But to still after all these years, play sooooooo dirty and soooooo cheap, and to wonder why he still keeps getting injured… it’s like he is a victim of divine justice and is too stupid/stubborn to change his ways.

It’s who he is.

Jokic Stan

Total...fraud. I said he was a fraud back in 2022 and he just keeps proving me right.

Embiid is indeed a playoff fraud, but this is not the series to kill him for. That doesn't mean he's free from criticism, he was inefficient most of the series and was a ghastly 6/25 in the 4th quarter/OT, but he still managed to average 33/11/6 for the series. I know we can't really use the injury excuse for him since he's injured every playoffs, but he still managed to actually come close to his regular season output for once despite clearly being hampered.

I'm not going to clown him too much for this series, he was definitely far from perfect, but he did his thing for the most part. He was MUCH better than he was the last 2 years in the playoffs, however low a bar that might be

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    Are you talking about T-Mac?
    McGrady averaged 30/7/7 in the playoffs from '01-'08, albeit not on great efficiency (52%TS), but the notion he was as bad individually as Embiid has mostly been in the playoffs is ludicrous.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Embiid is indeed a playoff fraud, but this is not the series to kill him for. That doesn't mean he's free from criticism, he was inefficient most of the series and was a ghastly 6/25 in the 4th quarter/OT, but he still managed to average 33/11/6 for the series. I know we can't really use the injury excuse for him since he's injured every playoffs, but he still managed to actually come close to his regular season output for once despite clearly being hampered.

I'm not going to clown him too much for this series, he was definitely far from perfect, but he did his thing for the most part. He was MUCH better than he was the last 2 years in the playoffs, however low a bar that might be
    He gets no credit from me. Another playoff year where he is injured and CHOKES badly. He shot 20% from the field and 11% from 3 in the 4th quarters.

44.4 FG% and 33% from three for the series. Flopped all series long and half his free throws were baited. He literally has more free throws made then shots made in his playoff career, and he did it again this series (9.8 shots made per game, 11.2 free throws made per game). His EFG% is his playoff career is 49.1% which is terrible for him (Jokic's career EFG% is 57.7, massive difference).

His free throws are an enormous part of his offensive output (equivalent of 5.5 made shots extra per game) and he is literally playing to get fouled, not to make baskets. He is a fraud because his is extremely weak mentally and injury prone so far in his career.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    McGrady averaged 30/7/7 in the playoffs from '01-'08, albeit not on great efficiency (52%TS), but the notion he was as bad individually as Embiid has mostly been in the playoffs is ludicrous.
    Plus Tmac wasn’t a serial flopper. Embiid has flopped more than Harden recently.

He gets no credit from me. Another playoff year where he is injured and CHOKES badly. He shot 20% from the field and 11% from 3 in the 4th quarters.

44.4 FG% and 33% from three for the series. Flopped all series long and half his free throws were baited. He literally has more free throws made then shots made in his playoff career, and he did it again this series (9.8 shots made per game, 11.2 free throws made per game). His EFG% is his playoff career is 49.1% which is terrible for him (Jokic's career EFG% is 57.7, massive difference).

His free throws are an enormous part of his offensive output (equivalent of 5.5 made shots extra per game) and he is literally playing to get fouled, not to make baskets. He is a fraud because his is extremely weak mentally and injury prone so far in his career.
    And there were Embiid Stan’s claiming the game was rigged against HIM. Imagine him trying to play with Jokic’s calls. Pummeled all game 5 long and shot 0 ft’s, still efficient 25. Embiid would average 35% shooting and 9 turnovers.

Last edited by j3lademaster; 05-03-2024 at 02:45 PM.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

I don't want to defend Joel. I don't need too. His game can tell the story.

But the truth also need not to get lost through the haters and the trolling

He had the most efficient 50 point scoring game in playoff history in this series.

Despite his choker tag he has STILL only lost in the playoffs to a lower seed ONCE in his ten year career.

It’s not just the results or the numbers.

His leadership is weak. He pouts when it’s going badly. He plays hot potato when it’s tight. Energy and willpower matter in games. The Sixers managed to win a game they shouldnt have because Tyrese Maxey gave an “over my dead body” effort. You never get that kind of showing from Embiid. Whether or not his team is good enough top to bottom to contend is not the issue. All you have to do is watch the games to know what is missing from Embiid. And it is a valid criticism.

Nobody’s saying he had no value or that he was a negative. Of course he provided value in this series. But for a guy that is supposed to be a top 3 player in the league, you do not get what you expect from someone with that billing. Not in the playoffs anyway. And it’s not about injuries and it’s not about roster composition. It’s not even about the result.

He doesnt play with heart and guts when it matters. He just wants to troll and have fun. Hit guys with a “too small” gesture then hype up the crowd. When it’s time to be serious, he gets insecure and he shrivels. And in a league where other guys are playing serious, it’s pretty hard to win a chip that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It’s not just the results or the numbers.

His leadership is weak. He pouts when it’s going badly. He plays hot potato when it’s tight. Energy and willpower matter in games. The Sixers managed to win a game they shouldnt have because Tyrese Maxey gave an “over my dead body” effort. You never get that kind of showing from Embiid. Whether or not his team is good enough top to bottom to contend is not the issue. All you have to do is watch the games to know what is missing from Embiid. And it is a valid criticism.

Nobody’s saying he had no value or that he was a negative. Of course he provided value in this series. But for a guy that is supposed to be a top 3 player in the league, you do not get what you expect from someone with that billing. Not in the playoffs anyway. And it’s not about injuries and it’s not about roster composition. It’s not even about the result.

He doesnt play with heart and guts when it matters. He just wants to troll and have fun. Hit guys with a “too small” gesture then hype up the crowd. When it’s time to be serious, he gets insecure and he shrivels. And in a league where other guys are playing serious, it’s pretty hard to win a chip that way.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. He just isn’t the floor raiser alltimers like Lebron and Jokic are. It’s more than just assist numbers(Russell Westbrook once again is the unfortunate example). Why was Gibson’s career so mad outside of his years with Lebron, same can be said for Delly, TT, JR had his best years with Lebron etc. Embiid reminds me of someone like Karl Malone, not in terms of style and I think Joel is better, but Malone needed a game manager and leader like Stockton to be successful… a floor raiser, despite being fully capable of being the best player on a contender. Embiid can make the 2nd round off of pure talent because he’s that good, but he needs his Stockton to get to the next level. I don’t know if Maxey can become that or if Joel has enough time to wait.