Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Murray destroys Jokic's goat case for same reason everyone else's is destroyed

So you need to absolutely carry your team and have no help at all in order to be considered a GOAT candidate? Guess that excludes MJ then...

Default Re: Murray destroys Jokic's goat case for same reason everyone else's is destroyed

Quote Originally Posted by 3ba11 View Post
    Wow what a reach.. Murray's perennial playoff dominance disputes that, while there's always a guy like Murray or Rod Strickland that gets overlooked in the regular season due to untimely injury or other unique circumstance.. And without this distorted media accolade, your claim is easily false based on actual performance (passing, scoring, shooting, clutch, leadership, winning), particularly in the playoffs and franchise-making moments.
    who's better of jokic, shai, edwards, kawhi, george, luka, kyrie, kd, booker, ad, lebron, fox, sabonis, curry, tatum, jaylen, brunson, giannis, dame, mitchell, haliburton, embiid, maxey, butler, bam. I listed 26 guys you could pick over jamal, You can argue over a few but I doubt you can pick 6 or more over jamal

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    who's better of jokic, shai, edwards, kawhi, george, luka, kyrie, kd, booker, ad, lebron, fox, sabonis, curry, tatum, jaylen, brunson, giannis, dame, mitchell, haliburton, embiid, maxey, butler, bam. I listed 26 guys you could pick over jamal, You can argue over a few but I doubt you can pick 6 or more over jamal

I think Jokic is up there for the same reason that Jordan and Curry are up there - they developed "unbeatable teams" without stacked rosters - specifically, their sidekicks were secondary-producing guys that wouldn't be well-known on other teams outside the of the winning spotlight.

But despite the fact that Murray compares to Pippen and other secondary producers, he's still providing more help than Pippen by "taking over" and being "that guy" in multiple critical playoff wins.. Everyone in history enjoyed this kind of help from teammates that "took over", except the goat - only MJ lacked teammates that "took over".. And only the goat lacked great scoring help in general - the only all-timer that never had a "go-to" player as a teammate.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT View Post
    Which ever ***** makes shots and just as importantly their teammates. This whole thing is a roulette wheel.

grocery bagging rivals:

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Jordan's teammates were trash relative to today but so were his opponents teammates. So it evens out.

The 80s and 90s were so damn weak compared to today. Bunch of dudes dribbling only right handed getting sagged off 10 feet on every play. That wouldn't fly today. They'd get avalanched from deep.
    disagree bro

jordan's team was absolutely STACKED relative to competition during his championship years:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../CHI/1994.html

they won 55 games and went game 7 of round 2 withe same exact team minus jordan

that is a DEEP roster. much better than the relative competition.

Jokic isn't in any GOAT case right now, but it's not like Murray or Porter are destroying anything of his. I mean, he did just average, 28/16/10 on 59%FG, 33%3P, 93%FT. What more you want this man to do? He's playing his role perfectly, just like Murray has played his role and excel in it during when it matters the most. The playoffs. Murray will go down to casuals as the most underrated player in NBA history when it's said and done. Zero all-star or all-nba appearances, but is an absolute killer in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by red1 View Post
    grocery bagging rivals:

Is there a more insecure loser on this website than 2ball? I've never seen someone support the literal goat in a sport and act like a whiny b*tch that always brings other players down whenever they have a bit of shine.

At times, I feel like it's just Jeff's account so he can bring more discussion

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Is there a more insecure loser on this website than 2ball? I've never seen someone support the literal goat in a sport and act like a whiny b*tch that always brings other players down whenever they have a bit of shine.

It is Jeff's account.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post

I mean, how great is Murray?...

How great was AD in the 2020 WCF?

How great was Worthy in the 87' WCF and playoffs?

How great was McHale in the 86' Playoffs?

How great was Kareem in the 85' Playoffs and Finals?

And on and on and on...

How great was Wade in 2011 Finals when he outplayed Dirk?

How great was Kyrie when he destroyed Curry in 2016?

How great was Porter in the 92' WCF or Stockton in the 97' WCF?

How great was KJ in the 90' 2nd Round to upset Magic and how great was he in 94' and 95' Playoffs vs Hakeem?

TLDR: Only MJ lacked a teammate to "take over", yet he won twice as many rings as the best player as anyone in 3-pointer history (modern era).... (it can easily be argued the duncan or lebron only have 3 chips as their team's best player).

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    It is Jeff's account.
    He's either mentally deranged or it's that

Saw a basketball once

Default Superlative Đ¡asual Dating - Genuine Ladies

Break free from traditional dating norms and embrace the best in casual connections.
    Actual Women
    Outstanding casual Dating

If Jokic's teammates play too well - "Oh he has too much help and isn't that guy"

If they don't play well - "He doesn't play optimal winning ball and hinders his teammates"

The reality is, Jokic is statistically dominant and every player that plays with him is more efficient. Jordan can't say the same.