Page 1 of 63 12341151 ... LastLast

Default (2) Nuggets vs. (3) Timberwolves Second Round Playoff Series Thread

(2) Denver vs. (3) Minnesota

• Game 1: Timberwolves 106, Nuggets 99
    • Game 2: Timberwolves 106, Nuggets 80
    • Game 3: Nuggets 117, Timberwolves 90
    • Game 4: Nuggets 115, Timberwolves 107
    • Game 5: Nuggets 112, Timberwolves 97
    • Game 6: Nuggets vs. Timberwolves, Thursday, May 16 (8:30 ET, ESPN)
    • Game 7: Timberwolves vs. Nuggets, Sunday, May 19 (TBD, TBD) *

* = If necessary

--------------------------

Sticky and edit this, El Jefe!

This may be the real WCF. Maybe the real NBA Finals! I'm excited.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-15-2024 at 04:35 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: (2) Nuggets vs. (3) Timberwolves Second Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post

Agree.

Gonna be a good series.

Nuggets in 6, but Wolves have the superstar and the defense to shock the world.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Yes. Has potential to be the best series of the entire playoffs.

I’m not sure what their record was in the regular season matchups but Timberwolves seem to match up well with Denver. Jokic obviously plays huge minutes so it’s tough for Nuggets to try to go small to counter Gobert. Gordon can be a beast and play bigger than his size but KAT is a lot bigger. I could see Gordon struggling. Mcdaniels has the length to bother Porter, Ant could potentially start trying to dog Murray. It’s gonna be hell of a battle. It’s going to go to 6 or 7 games and to be honest, while Nuggets are the slight favorite I give it a coin flip to see who takes the series

Actually I’ll go for T Wolves in 6
    Last edited by warriorfan; 04-30-2024 at 01:38 AM.

Jokic gonna annihilate the Toods as usual.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Wolves have more talent but Nuggets have the better chemistry and best player. I got the Wolves in 7. Gonna be a fun series.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

The most important thing to watch for in this series, for me, will be how Aaron Gordon defends Edwards. Especially off the ball.

I think that will be the difference.

Bump!

I cant even make a pick here. I think it is a tossup.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

I have Nuggets winning in a close 7, but it could go either way. Regular season went 2-2. This should be a very close, competitive series. The wolves defense is stifling. In the end the Nuggets cohesion and championship experience should give them the edge in close games, and the Jokic/Murray duo will get it done in the clutch more often than not just as they did against the Lakers. But Ant is scary, and there's no telling what he could do to sway this series.

Wolves in 6. They are going to turn Nikola Jokic and Murray to Greg Ostertag Jr and Jeff Hornacek Jr

The Wolves are considerably better than the Lakers defensively. They also have a much better bench so the Nuggets can be hurting when a few second unit guys are playing, putting more pressure on the starters to be even better. Denver also has injuries to both Murray and KCP so finishing off the Lakers yesterday was huge for them as they get a few days to rest. The Nuggets are a big step up over the Suns on both ends but especially on the defensive end of the floor. Minny won't have a 128.1 ORtg in the 2nd round. That being said, I think Minny is a nightmare matchup for Murray with so many physical defenders. Nuggets have the mettle, championship experience and the best player in Jokic. Homecourt could also be critical. Minny will play well at home but winning in Denver isn't easy. I'll say Nuggets in 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post

Are you an asshole, bro? We just had the real finals. It was Game 4 of Denver-LAL, and Lebron won it. I said even before the game started that it was a winner take all finals. So it wasnt just a hindsight thing.

We're into exhibition territory at this point. Lebron has his championship, and he's now going to hit a vacation. The competitive season is over. These are exhibitions.

Dont make me have to tell you this again.

Wolves in 7. I like wolves defensive game plan of putting gobert or Gordon and just playing help defense. Kat scores pretty well vs Denver. Gordon kinda mismatched there

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

I expect Jokic to eviscerate Kat for 2 games and then for the Timberwolves to panic and throw toody to the wolves and stick him on jokic. I expect jokic to average 28-33 ppg on toody(40+ on kat) and for jamal murray to hit a hand full of game winners this series and to average double or triple Jokic's points in the clutch.

I got nuggets in 6

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Picking against peak Jokic and Murray seems silly.

Taking the Nuggets here