Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Anthony Edwards as the best shooting guard in the nba

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Kyrie is a good shooter no doubt, I just think the only skills he has that can be called among the best ever are his ball handling and finishing.
    Sure his otherwordly ballhandling is the basis for the rest.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    It's not only finishing though, Kyrie can kill you from 3, from midrange and at rim, he can catch and shoot, drive to hoop, drive and pop, has crazy hang time and timing.

I only think maybe peak Kobe has had that broad of a set of moves in the more recent era.
    Exactly.

He's in the 50/40/90 club as a shooter and dimes well too. That's extremely rare company.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Kyrie is a good shooter no doubt, I just think the only skills he has that can be called among the best ever are his ball handling and finishing.
    I have to disagree. Kyrie’s shooting gets overshadowed by Steph’s and Steph’s handles are overshadowed by Kyrie’s. If it wasn’t for them sharing the same prime years, Kyrie would be known as a much better shooter. Kyrie, Steph and KD are probably the best 3 level scorers I’ve ever seen though… if only Glen Rice was a better finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post
    I have to disagree. Kyrie’s shooting gets overshadowed by Steph’s and Steph’s handles are overshadowed by Kyrie’s. If it wasn’t for them sharing the same prime years, Kyrie would be known as a much better shooter. Kyrie, Steph and KD are probably the best 3 level scorers I’ve ever seen though… if only Glen Rice was a better finisher.

Kyrie is 20th in 3pt % and 13th in 3 pointers made per game this season .No question that is good. For his career he shoots 39.3% from 3. Again that is good.

For his career he shoots 48% from 10-16 feet, 46% from 16ft to 3. Again good but nothing special.

Very good NBA starter

Kyrie is 20th in 3pt % and 13th in 3 pointers made per game this season .No question that is good. For his career he shoots 39.3% from 3. Again that is good.

For his career he shoots 48% from 10-16 feet, 46% from 16ft to 3. Again good but nothing special.
    He also takes all kinds of shots in all kind of moments often going one man against defenses that are set. You can't just look at the numbers alone, you have to put them in context, Kyrie never saw a defense or defender he wouldn't go against, it's that extremely rare ability that I've only really seen MJ, Kobe, Dirk, peak Durant do.

Get you a bucket for your life?

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    He also takes all kinds of shots in all kind of moments often going one man against defenses that are set. You can't just look at the numbers alone, you have to put them in context, Kyrie never saw a defense or defender he wouldn't go against, it's that extremely rare ability that I've only really seen MJ, Kobe, Dirk, peak Durant do.

Get you a bucket for your life?
    A lot.of guys take high degree of difficulty shots, and they don't have Kyrie's handles to clear space.

If I had to pick one guy to make a shot for my life I would take a tall guy who is more likely to get a shot off cleanly.