Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Default Is Lebron increasing or destroying his legacy by playing more?

I think the reason Lebron keeps on playing is so he can continue to go for records and push out his scoring further and further. But the problem is he's also going to be not only the all time turnover king, all time missed shots, and he's also losing to Jokic more and more. You're seeing an all time butt kicking.

And it's problematic. Lebron is playing with a stud in Anthony Davis. He has really good role players on his team such as Austin Reeves, D'angelo Russell and Rui Hachimura. It's gotten to the point where people have to make excuses such as Ham being a bad coach or Russell being on his phone. Or now they'll chalk it up to, "It's just basketball."

So what is Lebron tying to accomplish at this point? He's not proving anything by playing longer. He's got the stats, but he's also got all the stats you don't want such as most turnovers, most playoff losses, and soon to be most missed shots.

Default Re: Is Lebron increasing or destroying his legacy by playing more?

Well all he has is longevity....which isn't even impressive to people who know.

He somehow keeps shooting himself in the foot more and more...and its amazing to see.

THE biggest loser in the top 20 of all time greats

Jokic Stan

It's not increasing or decreasing really, if anything he's just solidifying himself more and more as the second best player of all time.

The only things that would truly help him catch up to MJ is more rings/FMVPs. But him being the all time scoring leader and now hitting TWENTY all NBA teams is impressive to everyone except for Lebron haters.

So he's not moving closer to MJ in my opinion, but he is helping put more distance between him and everyone else in the top 10.

Also to answer your question about what is Lebron trying to prove...he's obviously still trying to win rings. We will see what happens in the next few years, but I imagine his motivation besides winning will be securing one more contract and MAYBE sharing the court with one of his sons one day.

He's helping himself stay relevant in the top 10 GOAT list but at the same time he's not making any progress towards passing Jordan or Kareem or Duncan or Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    He's helping himself stay relevant in the top 10 GOAT list but at the same time he's not making any progress towards passing Jordan or Kareem or Duncan or Kobe.
    Duncan and Kobe are def in the rear view.

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    It's not increasing or decreasing really, if anything he's just solidifying himself more and more as the second best player of all time.

The only things that would truly help him catch up to MJ is more rings/FMVPs. But him being the all time scoring leader and now hitting TWENTY all NBA teams is impressive to everyone except for Lebron haters.

So he's not moving closer to MJ in my opinion, but he is helping put more distance between him and everyone else in the top 10.

Also to answer your question about what is Lebron trying to prove...he's obviously still trying to win rings. We will see what happens in the next few years, but I imagine his motivation besides winning will be securing one more contract and MAYBE sharing the court with one of his sons one day.
    Is he though? He should have left LA years ago if that were true.

Very good NBA starter

To me it doesn't change much.

All these stats and longevity achievements, it's impressive, but so was Karl Malone.

I'd rather see Bron take a diminished role on a championship team, like Bill Walton, Gary Payton, Kareem, Duncan etc.

Just focus on doing one thing very well as a role player, in Bron's case, run the bench squad. He'd have it much easier against bench players.

A 6th man of the year and a ring as a contributing role player would mean more to me, because it would show versatility. Basketball is a team game after all. Can Bron fit in as a role player? That would be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Is he though? He should have left LA years ago if that were true.
    Another team? He's already approaching journeyman status as is, yet another move won't be a good look.

To answer the OP, I don't know, I mean every year new fans tune into the NBA, a lot of youngsters are seeing the old version of LeBron, the one who can't dominate anymore and is a turnstile on defense. Kinda like me when I started tuning seriously into the NBA, my version of KAJ is the slow dude always last to get into a half court set That's the LeBron a lot of younger fans will remember the longer he plays.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Neither.
    False dichotomy.

But it’s more towards mildly harmful.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Eight thousand one hundred thirty-two

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

The longer he extends his career to pad all time numbers, the more it brings attention to his use of PED’s to achieve that productive extension.