I don't get picked last at the park anymore RachlNicholsazz's Avatar

Default Of all the 10 teams that haven't won a chip has Phoenix had the strongest teams?

Mid-late 90s Jazz probably had the strongest single roster but over the entire team history is there any doubt that Phoenix has had the strongest assortment of elite players versus any of the other 9 teams without chips? Bad luck? Poor organization? Poor city?

College superstar

Default Re: Of all the 10 teams that haven't won a chip has Phoenix had the strongest teams?

At one point before their 10 year decent into being one of the worst teams in the league they had like a top 5 all time regular season winning percentage. So yeah they were one of the better ringless organizations.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Of all the 10 teams that haven't won a chip has Phoenix had the strongest teams?

The Seattle Supersonics/OKC Thunder and Indiana Pacers have also been constantly good franchises, they haven't had those 4-5 year spells out of the playoffs and taking high in the lottery. On the other end of the spectrum, I am surprised how the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets have just been in the post-season once or twice in their 20 years in the league. It seems they are always in the lottery.

Just checked it. Three times in the play-offs in their twenty years in the league. Lost every time in the first round. It's quite savage, actually.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Barkley KJ Thunder Dan suns
    Nash Amare Marion suns
    Paul Booker bridges ayton suns

I'd say so. They should've won in 2007 and 2021.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    The Seattle Supersonics/OKC Thunder and Indiana Pacers have also been constantly good franchises, they haven't had those 4-5 year spells out of the playoffs and taking high in the lottery. On the other end of the spectrum, I am surprised how the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets have just been in the post-season once or twice in their 20 years in the league. It seems they are always in the lottery.

Just checked it. Three times in the play-offs in their twenty years in the league. Lost every time in the first round. It's quite savage, actually.
    Seattle won a chip.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

az shucks ... dry to the bone, hydrate often just to stay alive

Clippers have been creeping up on the Suns tho. At least the Suns made the Finals with the Barkley & CP3 teams. Clippers didn't even get to the WCF with CP0 and blew multiple 3 - 1 leads under Doc.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pandiani17 View Post
    The Seattle Supersonics/OKC Thunder
    You might want to let Seattle know they dont have a Championship.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    You might want to let Seattle know they dont have a Championship.

My bad, I forgot it.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Clippers have been creeping up on the Suns tho. At least the Suns made the Finals with the Barkley & CP3 teams. Clippers didn't even get to the WCF with CP0 and blew multiple 3 - 1 leads under Doc.
    Clippers? They were a laughing stock for 20+ years, and they reached the WCF for the first time in 2021. The Suns have been near the championship a couple of times (very, very near in 2021) and they have made the conference finals multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nash Amare Marion suns

why is that now?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nash Amare Marion suns

There's also the 1976 Suns with Paul Westphal and Alvan Adams who despite going 42-40 in the regular season made it all the way to the NBA Finals and pushed the Celtics to a tough Game 6, including "The Greatest Game of All Time" Game 5 Triple-Overtime.

So Suns could've won championships in the 70s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD View Post
    There's also the 1976 Suns with Paul Westphal and Alvan Adams who despite going 42-40 in the regular season made it all the way to the NBA Finals and pushed the Celtics to a tough Game 6, including "The Greatest Game of All Time" Game 5 Triple-Overtime.

So Suns could've won championships in the 70s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s and 2020s.
    Tbf 2010s is just 2010 and then trash except 2014-15 where they were nice but yea

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Tbf 2010s is just 2010 and then trash except 2014-15 where they were nice but yea
    Right, it's basically the tail-end of the mid-2000s 7 Seconds or Less Suns, but since they made it the farthest I felt obligated to include them. But you get the point.