Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Does anyone respect Embiid?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    He’s not just the center version of Harden. He’s also maliciously dirty. This is not the first time he’s deliberately tried to injure someone:

https://youtu.be/FeVps9hdrFM?si=5ZIdtr-xHTpLr9qP
    Dirty af

Imagine if it was the other way around. You wouldn't stop hearing him cry about it.

Because he is such a fragile player

Dude should've never gotten the chance to get 50. Should've gotten a flagrant 2 after that bush league play to Mitchell Robinson.

What hes doing out there, under the pressure hes under, with Bells Palsy or whatever eye sight issues hes having, massive respect to him.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

He's had to play through so many injuries. Harden was mostly healthy when he underperformed. Bro just dropped 50 with half his face paralyzed. He's one of the most talented Centers ever. Harden was no mid-range threat like Joel is. He's a 7-footer who shoots over 50% on long 2s and at a high volume. Gotta respect it.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

He’s not just the center version of Harden. He’s also maliciously dirty. This is not the first time he’s deliberately tried to injure someone:

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post

You posting that like Embiid’s situation is somehow comparable is hilarious.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster View Post

Yea wtf.

Embiids should have been a flagrant 2 easily. That’s literally the easiest way to truly injure a big man and it was so blatant and uncalled for.

Grabbing someone’s leg while they’re jumping? The fvck

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    What hes doing out there, under the pressure hes under, with Bells Palsy or whatever eye sight issues hes having, massive respect to him.
    Vaxx claims another.

I support him for struggling as a vaxx victim.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Yea wtf.

Embiids should have been a flagrant 2 easily. That’s literally the easiest way to truly injure a big man and it was so blatant and uncalled for.

Grabbing someone’s leg while they’re jumping? The fvck
    Completely different situation too. Morris tried to take out Jokic’s knee while Embiid was just throwing a toddler tantrum his back to back flops weren’t called. Anyone who thinks these situations are similar is delusional.

Was it deliberate by Jokic?

Was Morris injured?

Did you read the post I was responding too?

It seems like your reading comprehension is what is hilarious.

Was it deliberate by Jokic?

Was Morris injured?

Did you read the post I was responding too?

It seems like your reading comprehension is what is hilarious.
    Exactly. So even you see why this comparison is bad right? You realized it's bad and now you're scrambling to ignore all context so it can seem more like a side to side comparison.

"Hey I only responded to how the actions were deliberate, any additional context is not allowed and just proves you can't read".

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Too much is being made of that play. Yes it was dangerous but the intent wasnt dirty. Embiid was on the ground helpless to defend and trying to find some way to “wrap up” Robinson to prevent a basket. It was just an instinctive attempt to grab the only thing he could to stop a score. He wasnt trying to be slick or do something compromising in that instance. He was scrambling to make a spontaneous play and not thinking about how dangerous it could be. He was just trying to show some kind of resistance besides just sitting on the ground while a guy scores.

In hindsight it was dangerous but in the moment it wasnt malicious.
    That's fair if he showed any type of remorse instead of just making more excuses

"Mitchell Robinson jumping and trying to land, (I'm) trying to make sure he doesn't land on me because, obviously, we know the history that I have with (Jonathan) Kuminga landing on my knee," Embiid said in Bontemps' report. "So I kind of had some flashbacks, when he came down to it. It was unfortunate. I didn't mean to hurt anybody."
    "In those situations, I've got to protect myself, because I've been in way too many situations where I'm always the recipient of the bad end of it. So yeah, it was unfortunate, but physical game."
    https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/j...chell-robinson

Exactly. So even you see why this comparison is bad right? You realized it's bad and now you're scrambling to ignore all context so it can seem more like a side to side comparison.

"Hey I only responded to how the actions were deliberate, any additional context is not allowed and just proves you can't read".

Duffy is a known Jokic nut hugger. That's the only context I intended in my the reply. Just highlighting another cracka contradiction.

I don't care about whatever other "context" you are crying about, that's for damn sure.

I LOVE the fact you hate Joel, keep it up

Duffy is a known Jokic nut hugger. That's the only context I intended in my the reply. Just highlighting another cracka contradiction.

I don't care about whatever other "context" you are crying about, that's for damn sure.

I LOVE the fact you hate Joel, keep it up
    Oh, I know that now. No context that goes against your agenda anyway.

And don't put 'context' in quotations like I said something asinine. Here I'll quote my post here:

Completely different situation too. Morris tried to take out Jokic’s knee while Embiid was just throwing a toddler tantrum his back to back flops weren’t called. Anyone who thinks these situations are similar is delusional.
    That's very relevant.