Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Does anyone respect Embiid?

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    Duffy is a known Jokic nut hugger. That's the only context I intended in my the reply. Just highlighting another cracka contradiction.

I don't care about whatever other "context" you are crying about, that's for damn sure.

I LOVE the fact you hate Joel, keep it up
    I’ve never defended what Joker did there. As I recall, he got suspended for that right. And it was retaliation for a clearly dirty play by Morris.

Embiid is different. Yesterday, he kneed two guys in the nuts. He dove into a guys knee, injuring him. And he did the dirty play where he took down Robinson while he was in the air, by grabbing and undercutting his legs. I don’t see a legitimate comparison.

Embiid is a dirty player. Four dirty plays in one half is a bit over the top. Imagine it was Draymond.

On top of that, I fail to see why my liking for Joker has any relevance to whether Embiid is entitled to respect.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    I’ve never defended what Joker did there. As I recall, he got suspended for that right. And it was retaliation for a clearly dirty play by Morris.

Embiid is different. Yesterday, he kneed two guys in the nuts. He dove into a guys knee, injuring him. And he did the dirty play where he took down Robinson while he was in the air, by grabbing and undercutting his legs. I don’t see a legitimate comparison.

Embiid is a dirty player. Four dirty plays in one half is a bit over the top. Imagine it was Draymond.

On top of that, I fail to see why my liking for Joker has any relevance to whether Embiid is entitled to respect.
    ...and yet here you are again, coincidently, in this thread

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

One of the most unlikeable superstars there’s ever been. I can’t stand him.

Grayson Allen>>>Embiid

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    ...and yet here you are again, coincidently, in this thread
    It’s no coincidence. You brought him up, not me.

Let me try to explain with a different example. Here’s a famous clip of Robert Parish punching Bill Laimbeer.

https://youtu.be/_ow29Ea9hCQ?si=KHR3NgyU2xO98vFv

Do I approve or defend what Parish did here? Not at all. It was an overreaction in retaliation. Do I lose all respect for Parish because he punched Laimbeer? Again, no. I watched him for years and he’s not at all a dirty player. He lost his temper here and blew up at Laimbeer, who deserved it.

Now, let’s look at what Embiid did last night.

1) Completely away from the play, on an ordinary transition, he barreled into Harttenstein, kneed him in the nuts, threw hir right arm over his back and elbowed him in the rib/kidney area. This, of course, was initially called a foul on Harttenstein. It got reversed to a charge, but it was totally unnecessary, not a basketball play, and excessive. It was aimed at injuring. Should have been at least a flagrant one.

2) Less than a minute later, he flops and then grabs Robinson while he’s in the air, by the legs, taking him to the ground. Again, not a basketball play, excessive, and should have been a flagrant two. Again, he was trying to injure his primary defender.

3) Second quarter, on a tricky tack foul called on Robinson, he flop dives directly into Robinson’s bad ankle. This time he succeeds in injuring him, but the foul was on Robinson. This is not the first time he has dived into a player to injure him. Check the YouTube video I posted earlier in this thread. (This one might have been accidental, but I’m highly suspicious.

4). Embiid has the ball on the left block for the second time in a row. De Vincenzo comes over to help. Embiid takes the jump shot. With an unnatural follow through, he whacks Robinson in the face with his right hand. At the same time, he knees Robinson in the nuts with a kick out. This time he succeeds, and Robinson shortly goes out for the rest of the game.

That’s three, probably four, dirty plays within less than a half. They were all intended to injure his primary defender at the time. This is a worse stretch of dirty playing than anything I’ve ever seen Draymond do. It’s in the same league as Bruce Bowen or Bill Laimbeer, who are two guys who deliberately and regularly tried to hurt people. So yeah, no respect for Embiid. I don’t care how many points he can score - he’s a bum.

And for what it’s worth, I had genuinely been hoping for a Sixer Nuggets finals earlier in the year, but I don’t watch the Sixers that much.

Remember when LeBron gave him a taste of his own medicine?

"ShOuLd HaVe BeEn a FlAgRaNt 2!!!!!!!1!!!!!"

Good High School Starter Chuckbe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post

Draymond: 21 flagrants in 970 total games played (15 flagrants in 813 regular season games played and 6 flagrants in 157 playoff games played)

Embiid: 23 flagrants in 489 games played (16 flagrants in 433 regular season games and 7 flagrants in 56 playoff games)

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Respecting him is hard. I like watching him when his game is on. Him not being mentally tough enough is a problem. Some of the time I have a feeling he thinks he *deserves* to win but doesn't actually play to be deserving. As if it should just happen somehow, because the world should know better. Another thing I find disturbing is him being a frontrunner and celebrating a very good game as if he has won the Olympics or the deciding game in the Finals. And it's a game in November. The job is not done until it's done and Embiid considers the job done way too soon. If he was a boxer he would be surprised his opponent is still there in the 8th round. In his mind he should be alone in the ring by then. I still want to see him go to the Finals because basketball needs an Embiid-Jokic showdown. Their totally different approach is something I'd like to see in a best of 7.

That shit he pulled, to a player who is easily injured is a bitch move. Not to mention all the other shit he did in the same game. Kblaze's post is right on

Nope, really dirty player and mental midget crying loser