Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can we finally just admit Jokic is better than Lebron?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    You act like Lebron is old and crippled. Hes still twice as athletic as Jokic right now. LeBron is averaging the same numbers right now as he did in his prime. And the game wasn't even high scoring. He's literally doing the same thing. The difference is Jokic is a true monster teammate elevator. And has zero ego.
    I don't act like that, LeBron is still great for his age. But unlike you I'm not going to pretend he's close to the player he was in his prime when he was the consensus BITW, while now, he's at best at the end of the top 10.

Jokic's so great I wouldn't even dispute someone saying he's better than LeBron peak for peak, he's a true GOAT level player, but coming to that conclusion based off matchups when one is at the peak of his powers and the other is pushing 40 is a disingenuous argument to make.

Prime LeBron is better.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    Nutjobs inside insane asylums don't realize they're crazy either. You'll realize it one day.
    Pretty sure once they are in most know something is wrong actually, you stupid cvnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Prime LeBron is better.
    OP has never seen prime LeBron. He was probably 5yrs old at the time.

Good college starter Walk on Water's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Prime LeBron is better.

Of course Lebron was better in his prime. But to say he's better than Jokic would be a stretch. I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    OP has never seen prime LeBron. He was probably 5yrs old at the time.

Prime Lebron lost multiple times in the Finals while having multiple all stars. I don't see Jokic losing against Dwight Howard or Dirk Nowitski. Not the way Lebron did, without grace.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Jokic is a better team player than Lebron. I mean... we've been witnessing a spanking in real time between the two over and over. It doesn't get much more clear than that.

Yea. It's so biased and dishonest for Lebron fans to not even want to engage in a discussion about someone being better than him.

It's like they just want to believe Lebron is the GOAT because he's Lebron and that's the end of the discussion.

Not only does Jokic make his teammates better, but he's better than Lebron in SOOO many aspects.

He's a better rebounder than Lebron by miles. He's a better shot blocker.
    Yes, he's a center.

But people call Lebron a triple double machine. Jokic has more triple doubles and has played 10 less years. I mean... Jokic even has a better assists to turnover ratio.

Lebron may average more points for his career, but Jokic doesn't ever miss. He has a quite higher field goal percentage.

Lebron is more athletic, but that doesn't matter as long as we're talking about the results.

I think in a few more years if Jokic can keep this up and Bron enters his 40's then it could get close.

Jokic baby Jokic. All of the extreme LeBron fans.. now you see. 11 in a row baby. All these years of LeBron being shoved down our throats. LeBron continues to lose to Jokic.

If LeBron is a goat, Jokic is the daddy goat

Very good NBA starter

If Jokic repeats this year then he is for sure in the top 10 all time and basically can challenge almost anyone not named MJ or Kareem imo.

I'd say he is on par with Kobe, Hakeem, Lebron, already now. Low end top 10.

He needs some more rings to challenge Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq.

The thing with Lebron, his fans always claimed his longevity, but outside a bubble ring, he hasn't been a factor at all in his late age. Missed the playoffs, two early exits, one bubble ring. That's not impressive. He doesn't have the elite shooting to stay relevant like Kareem or the defense to stay relevant like Duncan.

He's more like Karl Malone, keep racking up the stats, which is very impressive, but ultimately, not having the elite specialized skills that could make him relevant at his age.

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    If Jokic repeats this year then he is for sure in the top 10 all time and basically can challenge almost anyone not named MJ or Kareem imo.

I'd say he is on par with Kobe, Hakeem, Lebron, already now. Low end top 10.

He needs some more rings to challenge Bird, Magic, Duncan, Shaq.

The thing with Lebron, his fans always claimed his longevity, but outside a bubble ring, he hasn't been a factor at all in his late age. Missed the playoffs, two early exits, one bubble ring. That's not impressive. He doesn't have the elite shooting to stay relevant like Kareem or the defense to stay relevant like Duncan.

He's more like Karl Malone, keep racking up the stats, which is very impressive, but ultimately, not having the elite specialized skills that could make him relevant at his age.
    Bron is ahead of everyone except for Jordan, and MAYBE Kareem. Lebron has 4 MVPs, 4 FMVPs, all time scoring leader, 20 all-nba teams, absurd advanced stats across his prime, elite defensively in his prime too.

Also how does Jokic need more rings to challenge Bird? Another MVP/FMVP this year literally equals Bird's MVP/FMVP count and Jokic blows Bird out of the water when looking at impact stats. If anything, Bird is the WEAKEST player in the top ten all time in my opinion.

OP do you want my fist to finally just admit your face?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Bron is ahead of everyone except for Jordan, and MAYBE Kareem. Lebron has 4 MVPs, 4 FMVPs, all time scoring leader, 20 all-nba teams, absurd advanced stats across his prime, elite defensively in his prime too.

Also how does Jokic need more rings to challenge Bird? Another MVP/FMVP this year literally equals Bird's MVP/FMVP count and Jokic blows Bird out of the water when looking at impact stats. If anything, Bird is the WEAKEST player in the top ten all time in my opinion.
    I rank Lebron anywhere from 9th to 6th probably, which I think is fine. It's my ranking after all. I don't really put too much into Karl Malone like longevity. I am more impressed by those who can stay relevant at an old age by having some superweapon like Kareem's skyhook or Duncans defense. That's what someone like Shaq didn't have, while Magic returned as an aids riddled zombie at 36 and actually could compete.

No real knock, Lebron has had a great career and was a truly elite player for 4-5 years in Miami and Cleveland, but he didn't have the skills to be able to deliver in every situation. That's ok, very few do, even Duncan didn't. Lebron and Duncan are sort of similar in that regard and both can most generously be ranked around the 6-7th mark.