Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: The new Athletic nba player poll on GOAT, most overrated, best defender, mvp, and

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Agreed with this.

The fact Kobe didn't get at least 30% kinda disqualifies the poll for me.
    they asked 140 players. They have been doing it for years. Players acknowledge they vote. Do you think they fabricated the results? 30% would be incredibly high for any group of people other than fans. And even asking fans, you will probably have to choose a specific age group. Fans from maybe 28 to 40?

Kobe was last a good player over 10 years ago. He fell off while a lot of players were in middle school. Wherever he’s ranked, it’s probably all downhill from here. The whole next generation doesn’t really remember him and he was never consistently that high to the fans older than that. why would you think it would be one of three now?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: The new Athletic nba player poll on GOAT, most overrated, best defender, mvp, and

That interaction went right over your head my G.

*whoosh*

Your troll rate has steadily risen over the years to the point I never know initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Man, they really don't like Rudy, don't they? Did players think this about Dikembe? He's the obvious historical player comparison and I think he made more money relative to the cap than Rudy.

Is it the type of player he is, the money he's made, and awards he's won, or all of the above?

The trade might play a role as well. Minny gave up so much to get him it was ridiculous.

College superstar

Why wouldn’t every player vote themselves for MVP? I mean how are you going to act like a true competitor and vote for someone else? Lol.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

From the article:

Wembanyama voter

“He really, like, affects everything in the paint. He has dudes not even trying to go to the rim. He damn near leads the league in blocks right now, and this is his first year. He’s doing it in limited time too.”
    So when was this poll taken exactly?
    It must have been mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Why wouldn’t every player vote themselves for MVP? I mean how are you going to act like a true competitor and vote for someone else? Lol.
    You don't have to be dumb to be a competitor. Sure, you have to believe that you will be great NEXT game. But looking back on a season? Imagine Tyrese Maxey claiming he is the MVP (and he is a good starter). Would you think he is being a competitor? I'd think he is trolling or just has no clue.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    You don't have to be dumb to be a competitor. Sure, you have to believe that you will be great NEXT game. But looking back on a season? Imagine Tyrese Maxey claiming he is the MVP (and he is a good starter). Would you think he is being a competitor? I'd think he is trolling or just has no clue.
    I don’t agree. Voting for another man is a way worse look IMO.

And the GOAT poll proves these dudes aren’t thinking too deep into this shit.

Yeah, it's one thing to believe you can compete with anybody in the league. Automatically believing you're the MVP is just fvcking stupid

I don’t agree. Voting for another man is a way worse look IMO.

And the GOAT poll proves these dudes aren’t thinking too deep into this shit.
    Respecting others is not a bad look. I'm Rui Hachimura and I'm the MVP. Yeah, sure, whatever.

College superstar

Respecting others is not a bad look. I'm Rui Hachimura and I'm the MVP. Yeah, sure, whatever.
    Every all star and borderline all star should vote for themself at least. And every role player should be voting for their all star teammate.

The fact you have stars voting for other stars is what’s comical. But not surprising with this soft ass team up with your friends kind of league.

Every all star and borderline all star should vote for themself at least. And every role player should be voting for their all star teammate.

The fact you have stars voting for other stars is what’s comical. But not surprising with this soft ass team up with your friends kind of league.
    I'd have a rule that you cannot vote for yourself to make it easier. However, if you are Magnus Carlsen, Mike Tyson or John McEnroe I'm fine with voting for yourself. But for most players they actually become worse players if they think way too much of themselves. Less individualism usually helps in environments you have to work with others.

The players did vote for MVP for 30 years or so. This is the result from the final year the players voted themselves

This is the first year the media took over.

Way more chaotic. The players did have some weird years to be fair though.

Juicers can’t be the GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer View Post
    Juicers can’t be the GOAT.
    Yup. That’s why he only got 9.8% of the vote.