Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Kevin Durant calls Rudy Gobert an "all world, hall of fame, defensive player"

https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/s...28764217426235

Kevin Durant on making Rudy Gobert and Karl-Anthony Towns work defensively: “Rudy’s gotten extremely better at guarding perimeters, guarding posts, guarding the rim. So you can’t just throw ‘em in actions expecting them to just give in. I think we’ll be strategic with what we do”

Default Re: Kevin Durant calls Rudy Gobert an "all world, hall of fame, defensive player"

Imagine if Gobert had a jump shot...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: Kevin Durant calls Rudy Gobert an "all world, hall of fame, defensive player"

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Why would you want him shooting jumpers when hes so effective at the rim?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post

do the Wolves need to feed him more to get more of those effective buckets?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Come on bro, it's not like Gobert is creating for himself at the rim on a consistent bases.

With that said, he's for sure one of the greatest defensive players ever. People who say otherwise are hating.

Because it provides an extra offensive threat

The second play here for instance. Left completely wide open with under 5 minutes left in the fourth quarter, down by 2...

WHAT THE **** IS THIS??!!!!

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

WHAT THE **** IS THIS??!!!!

I don’t get what it is about the nba that makes certain players forget how to shoot. I get it if he was defended, we can just say “oh, chalk it up to nba D”, but wide open? All the bigs who ‘can’t shoot’ were Kevin Durant in high school.

National High School Star WhiteKyrie's Avatar

He was impressive moving his feet and guarding perimeter players in game 1. Shocked me actually. He stayed in front of Booker for a prolonged period. Book eventually got around him but Rudy Toody really made him work. T-Wolves are looking good

Jump shot? No. More like free throw and ability to pass.

NBA All-star

his defense is so good, the opposing team's best player trash talks for him

Ya but imagine if he was effective at the rim.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    Ya but imagine if he was effective at the rim.
    he's extremely effective at the rim for the biggots who are willing to rob others of the fair opportunity.

most people would stop at the word biggot, but somehow, the society thinks its only fair to loosen up biggots butt hole, until they are nothing but.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat View Post
    he's extremely effective at the rim for the biggots who are willing to rob others of the fair opportunity.

most people would stop at the word biggot, but somehow, the society thinks its only fair to loosen up biggots butt hole, until they are nothing but.
    I think when he insinuated he's ineffective he means that Gobert has nearly 100% of his shots created for him excluding putbacks.

I agree to an extent. If he just had 1 or 2 solid post moves as a safety valve so that he could really punish the opponents from switching a small guy on him, it would be helpful.

It doesn't need to be a major part of his offensive game (I'm a big promoter of players playing to their strengths), but being able to convert at a 60%+ rate in isolation against players 7 inches shorter when with 8 feet of the basket should be a given for Centers.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Imagine if you will … imagining that Goebbert is actually effective at the rim….
    *Twlight zone theme song*