Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2024 Eastern Conference R1: (1) Boston Celtics vs. (8) Miami Heat

Classic Celshits

If Jimmy could play they'd blow it for sure

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Even though this victory gets more interest in this series, I don’t think many outside the Miami-dade general area think Boston won’t win this series.

But what is interesting about Boston being matched up against a superior coaching staff and organization… is that Miami is going to figure a few things out, and show every other squad Boston will have to face this year, some weak spots, exploitables, etc

Tonight, Miami showed the league how to beat Boston at their own game.
    Kudos to Spo & the entire roster, for their efforts tonight.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I can't remember Porzingis ever having such a bad game as a Celtic...I dont think Pritchard took even one shot... and the three point line was not defended. So those are the three big things for Mazzulla to address. Porzingis I fully expect to bounce back without much adjustment, He did a lot of the things he normally does and just missed. Though I suspect that both Porzingis and Pritchard struggling had much to do with to much one on one basketball. Derrick White was also not properly involved until the fourth quarter, thinking about it. Need to see them speed up tempo and move the ball more/better.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Classic Celshits

If Jimmy could play they'd blow it for sure
    Heat would be 2-0 of jimmy played. Same story as last year.

Amazing victory.

Sadly, I think it will feel a one-off, like Sixers / Lakers 2001, or Jazz-Grizz 2021.

This would be a hell of a series with Jimmy, like every time they play. Heat would give them hell.

Let's phukkin go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Amazing victory.

Sadly, I think it will feel a one-off, like Sixers / Lakers 2001, or Jazz-Grizz 2021.

This would be a hell of a series with Jimmy, like every time they play. Heat would give them hell.
    Yeah, Celtics really dont need to be worried.

The Heat were out there breaking records with their three point shooting. It’s very unlikely to be sustainable over the series. Like Charles said at halftime, they were shooting lights out and still finished the first half BEHIND by 3. They stayed hot in the second half and got the win, gotta give em credit, but the odds are not with them continuing to out gun the Celtics.

Man the Cs are so lucky Jimmy's not there as well. Would be nothing better than these guys losing in the 1st round after all that hype. "80% title odds" my ass.

The Heat did a good job initiating the offense early on with Bam. Either let him go one on one in the post, or bring the double and have him kick it out. Then Herro got going. Drop coverage against him isn't going to work. He'll take and most likely make those shots if you give them to him regularly. Shades of the 22 Finals watching tonight.

Porzingis was awful tonight. Offensively and defensively. I saw with a couple minutes left that the Celtics were like a +24 with him off the floor and something like a -33 with him on the floor. Gotta be better than that. Marcus Smart wouldn't have played that bad.

Finally, Miami won't shoot that good again. Yes, they had a lot of open looks, but they were banging shots right in the defenses face. They set the franchise record for most 3s for god sakes.

Oh well, GG. Onto game 3.

Default Re: (1) Celtics vs. (8) Heat First Round Playoff Series Thread

Looks like mazzulla still sucks at coaching. He can't seem to replicate the success that udoka did for his team two years ago.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nowoco View Post
    I cannot believe how much NBA analysts and social media have already put the Celtics in the Finals. As if it's just routine that they will do so. If I had a gun to my head and had to choose whether they make it to the Finals or not. Straight up choice. I would say not. Never trust an Eastern conference team with a good record. They're an accident waiting to happen. This series could be a nightmare for them, even without Butler.
    I rest my case

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Eat shit Boston

Tatum proving he's not that guy once again

NBA All-star

if you watch the movie This Means War starring Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Reese Witherspoon, where Tyler Herro IS Reese Witherspoon, everything will make sense, I promise.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

Boston home record in regular season since May 2022: 69-13
    Boston at home in playoffs: 10-13

Natural born chokers.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Looks like uncle Caleb got the kids til Giannis papa giannis gets out of the hospital