Page 1 of 42 123411 ... LastLast

Question What do you think of Clippers-Mavericks?

(4) LA Clippers vs. (5) Dallas

• Game 1: Clippers 109, Mavericks 97
    • Game 2: Mavericks 96, Clippers 93
    • Game 3: Mavericks 101, Clippers 90
    • Game 4: Clippers 116, Mavericks 111
    • Game 5: Mavericks 123, Clippers 93
    • Game 6: Clippers vs. Mavericks; Friday, May 3 (9:30 ET, ESPN)
    • Game 7: Mavericks vs. Clippers; Sunday, May 5 (8 ET, TBD)*

* = If necessary

----------------------

Kawhi is apparently set to return for the series. Frankly I suspect his ‘inflamed knee’ was a ruse all along to load manage him for three weeks so he COULDNT get hurt before the playoffs.

Im really not sure how to evaluate this series in terms of predicting a winner. I think guys like PJ Washington and Exum can do a reasonable job covering Leonard. He’ll still score but I dont think it’ll get out of hand.

The center position is basically a wash. The Clippers have a bit better perimeter depth on paper but the Mavs may have better chemistry. Irving and Doncic are gonna do what they do. I guess it’s largely gonna come down to what Harden and Westbrook and George look like this series. If Dallas can somehow give them SOME kind of an off-kilter look, those are guys who will get confused and rattled and tilted easily. If you let them get into rhythm then theyll start to play downhill.

Dallas is up against a lot of talent on paper that has a lot of weakness psychologically. They need to figure out how to attack that weakness. Thats gonna be the key.
    Last edited by insidehoops; 05-02-2024 at 02:49 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: What do you think of Clippers-Mavericks?

will take luka all day ... every day.

specially against Harden playoff bum , 4th qtr ape man Kawhi and PG shooting jumpers.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Mavs in six.

if healthy I'll take clips in 7. Luka or kyrie have to guard harden or george. The clippers will always have a good defender on luka or kyrie mavs cant. Luka and kyrie are playing like the best duo in league but clippers have a big 3 with better depth and kawhis a monster in the playoffs

Will Kawhi be Kawhi? I don't remember the last game he played. I think that's the x-factor.

Clippers are definitely the better team in Kawhi/pg13/Harden all play at their capability.

I would equally enjoy seeing Luka choke and get swept or completely dominating the Clippers tbh. I wanna see a Dallas vs Phoenix series though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Kawhi is apparently set to return for the series. Frankly I suspect his ‘inflamed knee’ was a ruse all along to load manage him for three weeks so he COULDNT get hurt before the playoffs.

Im really not sure how to evaluate this series in terms of predicting a winner. I think guys like PJ Washington and Exum can do a reasonable job covering Leonard. He’ll still score but I dont think it’ll get out of hand.

The center position is basically a wash. The Clippers have a bit better perimeter depth on paper but the Mavs may have better chemistry. Irving and Doncic are gonna do what they do. I guess it’s largely gonna come down to what Harden and Westbrook and George look like this series. If Dallas can somehow give them SOME kind of an off-kilter look, those are guys who will get confused and rattled and tilted easily. If you let them get into rhythm then theyll start to play downhill.

Dallas is up against a lot of talent on paper that has a lot of weakness psychologically. They need to figure out how to attack that weakness. Thats gonna be the key.
    We will beat these guys like usual.

Clippers are the better team and have the best player in the world.

Is Kawhi even gonna play? If he does and he's healthy it could go either way. As is, give me Mavs in 6. Luka is the best player on the court and he has enough help to win against an injured Clippers team.

Mavs gotta win this man. I don't think any team is as motivated to beat the Clips as they are and Luka's at his apex right now. With how questionable Kawhi's health has been late in the season I'm not banking on him doing what he did vs the Mavs last time until I see him actually do it, and we know Playoff P and Harden are prone to choking in the POs so... should be a fun series but I'm taking the Mavs with how dominant they've been since the Gafford trade.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Dallas in 5

I like both teams don't even know who I want to win. If clipps lose tho I expect some changes next year. If mavs lose they should run it back cause they are gonna win soon so have patience

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

I want both teams to win

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Clippers in 6

No Kawhi = Mavs in 5