Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: (2) Knicks vs. (7) Sixers First Round Playoff Series Thread

I highly doubt Lowry was consciously weighing who was more likely convert a foul shot in that moment. He was probably just trying to go wherever the most secure pass could be made. 'Hindsight is whatever' as Chuck said but we cant see from the television replay what Lowry sees. Also he has five seconds to make the decision, with a roaring crowd breathing down his neck. It's definitely a mistake anyone could make.

And I also agree with Chuck they absolutely should have called timeout and advanced the ball. Maybe they did and the refs never saw it but if not that was a big mistake IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I highly doubt Lowry was consciously weighing who was more likely convert a foul shot in that moment. He was probably just trying to go wherever the most secure pass could be made. 'Hindsight is whatever' as Chuck said but we cant see from the television replay what Lowry sees. Also he has five seconds to make the decision, with a roaring crowd breathing down his neck. It's definitely a mistake anyone could make.

And I also agree with Chuck they absolutely should have called timeout and advanced the ball. Maybe they did and the refs never saw it but if not that was a big mistake IMO.
    Embiid is pretty hard to miss standing in the paint with nobody in front of him. It seems like such an obvious play to pass to him instead of Maxey who was already doubled on the baseline.

Maybe it was just a panic induced brain fart but I wouldn't expect that from a vet like Lowry.

I certainly think it is ridiculous to blame Maxey for the play. I doubt he fell down intentionally like Embiid does all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Embiid is pretty hard to miss standing in the paint with nobody in front of him. It seems like such an obvious play to pass to him instead of Maxey who was already doubled on the baseline.

Maybe it was just a panic induced brain fart but I wouldn't expect that from a vet like Lowry.

I certainly think it is ridiculous to blame Maxey for the play. I doubt he fell down intentionally like Embiid does all the time.
    Maxey was trying hard to sell the foul by flailing around he might have been better off just holding the ball like Shaq said.

Embid crying in locker room

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2 View Post
    Yeah that was weird.

Embiid is SUPER sensitive.

I think Philly has to consider if he's just not built for this.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Joel isn’t a bad dude at all.
    He’s a nice guy.
    No ill will at all towards him as a person.

As far as individual scoring goes; and complete scoring skillset as a big man, he is the best scoring big man on earth. But as an individual talent. His mentality, willpower, team play, and self-respect and dignity have a ways to go before they catch up to his individual talent.

He can’t continue to fall to the ground 14-18 times a game on his injured knees.
    It’s stupid, reckless, and beneath the dignity and self-respect that his scoring talents deserve.

I'll be honest, embiid is great and he is dominating the series. Sure he's shooting under 50% but the Knicks have a great defense. If anything, he was tired in the 4th so it makes sense for him to pass. He could be playing hurt as well. Who knows what he's doing to his knees playing this many stressful minutes.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

I read that the Knicks are 22-3 when OG plays and his +/- is off the charts.

Imagine having that much impact as a role player

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

It's really happening, Embiid getting bounced out by the Knicks in the first round

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Softest superstar I have ever seen in sports

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    GD do you not know how to read? I didn't say it was the right one. In fact I said that passing to Embiid was the easiest possible target.

I can only speculate that he forced it to Maxey because he was the one carrying the team and that Embiid had been putting up bricks

If you arent advocating for it, why the **** are you making it part of your argument?

And if you think that wasnt it, why are you attempting to read their brains and say this in response to Maxey fumbling the ball, "maybe he (inbounder) didnt wanna give it to someone who missed 4 FTs already, that Maxeys fault too" ?

Were you drunk last night?

Probably trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    If you arent advocating for it, why the **** are you making it part of your argument?

And if you think that wasnt it, why are you attempting to read their brains and say this in response to Maxey fumbling the ball, "maybe he (inbounder) didnt wanna give it to someone who missed 4 FTs already, that Maxeys fault too" ?

Were you drunk last night?

Literally the first words I said on the subject were " it would have been easy to pass the ball to Embiid ". He was a huge target with nobody in front of him. I was just speculating as to why Lowry didn't pass him the ball. I thought the missed fts might have played a role why he didnt pass to Embiid

When I looked at it again on video it looked even worse. Maxey was doubled on the baseline before Lowry even passed the ball. Plus there was enough time left that the Knicks didn't have to foul. If they were going to foul they would have probably waited until the Sixers advanced the ball past half court.

But it was an awful decision by Lowry. I literally can't understand what his reasoning was. I guess it was just a panic move. Maxey literally pushed Hart with two hands just to clear space for the pass

Let's not forget that even after the turnover DD missed his first attempt from 3. If Embiid bhad bothered to box out his man he would have gotten the rebound.

Good to see that this series is going a minimum of 6 games if PHI wins. Hopefully we get a game 7 at MSG.