Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Default Re: (2) Knicks vs. (7) Sixers First Round Playoff Series Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Wtf is going on with Embiids eyes

Something is off
    Some have said nerve damage but not sure how accurate that is. Last game I saw clips of one of his eyes twitching uncontrollably and obviously there was the post-game interview where he had his eyes covered like the whole time.

Not sure who put a curse on the man but there's something every damn year with Embiid. Genuinely feel bad for him because he's one of the most-skilled big men we've ever seen and his career has been derailed by injuries non-stop.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Embiid is a disgrace, injuring another player on purpose should be an automatic ejection, he did the same bullshit to Claxton last year

ESPN Sources: Sixers star Joel Embiid has been treated for a mild case of Bell’s Palsey for the past week. The condition began during the play-in victory over Miami but he has wanted to keep it private to avoid distractions for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Some have said nerve damage but not sure how accurate that is. Last game I saw clips of one of his eyes twitching uncontrollably and obviously there was the post-game interview where he had his eyes covered like the whole time.

Not sure who put a curse on the man but there's something every damn year with Embiid. Genuinely feel bad for him because he's one of the most-skilled big men we've ever seen and his career has been derailed by injuries non-stop.
    It seems the left eye cannot blink

looks like glass eyes

reminded me of a T-Mac avatar on this page from a very old ISH user

ESPN Sources: Sixers star Joel Embiid has been treated for a mild case of Bell’s Palsey for the past week. The condition began during the play-in victory over Miami but he has wanted to keep it private to avoid distractions for his team.
    Damn.

Praying for Joel

Not sure who put a curse on the man but

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

My girl is an ophthalmologist/anterior-segment-surgeon, and many of her former classmates chose oculoplastics as speciality instead, and since 2021, there has been a significant uptick in these.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    My girl is an ophthalmologist/anterior-segment-surgeon, and many of her former classmates chose oculoplastics as speciality instead, and since 2021, there has been a significant uptick in these.
    I've heard people say it's related to stress? Could be why. People are more stressed and suicidal than ever.

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

I've heard people say it's related to stress? Could be why. People are more stressed and suicidal than ever.
    the excess cases since 2021, are occurring in groups which do not present the traditional contributing factors. The newer uptick are largely displaying as autoimmune disease being the cause, but no known autoimmune disease is present.

Probably the jab

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Bell palsy game.

Looking back I had a gut reaction to something being off with his face and eyes when he went down in game 1.

Thoughts and prayers to the big man. That is no joke. Gutsy performance though. Give the man his due.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Let me guess he deserves Bell’s palsy for falling on the ground after shooting (to avoid injury) a jumper?

The only time I ever think he was healthy in the post season was the year he had his worst team. In the bubble where shake milton was the 2nd best player on the team. You cant make this up. The man is very unfortunate when it comes to injuries. 1 heathy post season in almost 10 years

Not airballing my layups anymore

So did we all just agree that embiid grabbed the Knicks player's leg out of frustration / dirty play? Maybe he just wanted to avoid getting re-injured from dude jumping and landing on embiid's leg. Would anyone (besides Mask) think that justifies it?

Quote Originally Posted by White Hammer View Post
    So did we all just agree that embiid grabbed the Knicks player's leg out of frustration / dirty play?
    You mean the play when Embiid was on the floor and the Knicks player (forgot who it was) was in the air? Yes. Disgusting play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Let me guess he deserves Bell’s palsy for falling on the ground after shooting (to avoid injury) a jumper?

The only time I ever think he was healthy in the post season was the year he had his worst team. In the bubble where shake milton was the 2nd best player on the team. You cant make this up. The man is very unfortunate when it comes to injuries. 1 heathy post season in almost 10 years
    It's crazy how much negative shit has happened to him his entire career. Not only the injuries, but having Bum Simmons as his best teammate for all those years, drafting Okafor instead of Porzingis and drafting Fultz, signing Tobias Harris to one of the worst contracts in the league and also losing Butler in the process, Kawhi buzzer-beater, Bum Simmons sabotaging the Hawks series and the list goes on lol.