Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Default I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD GSW

….Look I don’t know wtf y’all think jokic is but he is not that…and he will never be “that”…. I yelled at him and chewed him out pretty bad.

Current 2024 Nuggets could beat the kd warriors….u must be out of yo damn mind. Sorry just randomly remembered this convo and decided to post it here

Edit He thinks because harden took them to 7 jokic would beat them….that was his dumbazz argument “do you think jokic is better than prime harden?” He kept repeating that in a desperate attempt to win the debate
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 04-18-2024 at 04:45 PM.

Jokic Stan

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

What I hate hearing the most in the claim that the late 90's Bulls would beat, or even destroy, the KD Warriors.

KD/Curry 2017 Warriors are the best team of all time. Too many people forget their insane depth and elite defense.

The late 90's Bulls would be ran off the court and shell shocked. Some people say the Bulls with the 90's rules would be better, but that is still a joke because then you are giving the 2017 Warriors a SHORTENED 3 point line

Default Re: I legit had one of my friends tell me that the current nuggets would beat the KD

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    What I hate hearing the most in the claim that the late 90's Bulls would beat, or even destroy, the KD Warriors.

KD/Curry 2017 Warriors are the best team of all time. Too many people forget their insane depth and elite defense.

The late 90's Bulls would be ran off the court and shell shocked. Some people say the Bulls with the 90's rules would be better, but that is still a joke because then you are giving the 2017 Warriors a SHORTENED 3 point line
    Bulls had one of the ATG defenses though.. They have the personnel to defend both KD and Steph and they did a great job shutting down one of the greatest off-ball shooters ever in Reggie with Jordan and Harper chasing him through screens and contesting those shots as well as anyone could. They had one of the GOAT rebounders and two of the greatest 2-way players in NBA history.

Rockets were no superpower and they were up 3 - 2 on that 2018 KD team. The only concern you would have with the Bulls is whether they could keep up with today's scoring under today's rules, but they had some players like Kukoc and Kerr, who would be able to put up more points in today's NBA.

And then there's the MJ factor in crunch time. IDGAF what era you'd put him in he's going to get his shot and make it more often than not when it matters most.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    ….Look I don’t know wtf y’all think jokic is but he is not that…and he will never be “that”…. I yelled at him and chewed him out pretty bad.

Current 2024 Nuggets could beat the kd warriors….u must be out of yo damn mind. Sorry just randomly remembered this convo and decided to post it here

Edit He thinks because harden took them to 7 jokic would beat them….that was his dumbazz argument “do you think jokic is better than harden?” He kept repeating that in a desperate attempt to win the debate
    The Rockets almost did it. Would you not take the 2024 Nuggets over the 2018 Rockets? Jokic is as unstoppable of a player as we've ever seen, and they run one of the best offenses in NBA history. Murray can give you 2-3 great games in a series where Jokic doesn't even have to go off.

Aaron Gordon has the ability to lock up KD.
    KCP can cover Klay.
    Jamal definitely has the ability to outplay Steph. If it’s a meaningless game Id def go Steph but if it’s for something I might take Murray.

The depth would be the problem. Warriors have a big advantage.

Guys like MPJ and KCP would have to be lights out from three. Id probably favor the Warriors but its not impossible it could turn out different.

It's not actually as crazy as it sounds. Certainly that team was most vulnerable inside...probably their only weakness TBH. They were fortunate enough that there were no dominant bigs in that era, or certainly against the teams they faced in the playoffs (don't you dare say Gobert ). I'm not saying 100% the Nuggs would win, but I think there's definitely a chance

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Nuggets defense would be comical against those Warriors shooting and athletic abilities. It would be a field day.

The Dubs actually had an elite defense on top of GOAT offense.

no way

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post

Edit He thinks because harden took them to 7 jokic would beat them….that was his dumbazz argument “do you think jokic is better than prime harden?” He kept repeating that in a desperate attempt to win the debate
    Show him this thread.

nuggets are better than the rockets and jokic>prime harden but the rockets matched up better with gs. They had enough defenders to guard everyone current nuggets do not

Jokic Stan

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Bulls had one of the ATG defenses though.. They have the personnel to defend both KD and Steph and they did a great job shutting down one of the greatest off-ball shooters ever in Reggie with Jordan and Harper chasing him through screens and contesting those shots as well as anyone could. They had one of the GOAT rebounders and two of the greatest 2-way players in NBA history.

Rockets were no superpower and they were up 3 - 2 on that 2018 KD team. The only concern you would have with the Bulls is whether they could keep up with today's scoring under today's rules, but they had some players like Kukoc and Kerr, who would be able to put up more points in today's NBA.

And then there's the MJ factor in crunch time. IDGAF what era you'd put him in he's going to get his shot and make it more often than not when it matters most.
    The points you made about the Bulls are not moving the needle, they are still totally outmatched. MJ could score 50ppg and those Bulls still lose. MJ could give KD some trouble, but NO one on the Bulls can stop Curry. Pippen routinely got roasted by much worse players than KD/Curry. Basketball isn't 2 on 2, the Warriors depth/role players were elite two way guys. Outside of MJ, there is simply not enough firepower at all on those Bulls teams. The Bulls can't win taking 10 threes per game.

Also the 2017 Warriors were either the best or second best defense in the league...

Also idk why you bring up the 2018 Warriors when my whole post was about the 2017 Warriors. 2018 Warriors were not as good due to chemistry issues building.
    Last edited by StrongLurk; 04-18-2024 at 08:08 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk View Post
    Also idk why you bring up the 2018 Warriors when my whole post was about the 2017 Warriors. 2018 Warriors were not as good due to chemistry issues building.
    True.

People also forget how good the '18 Rockets were. They won 65 games, had the #1 offense & #6 defense. Bunch of 3 & D role players who could switch everything on defense, this gave the Warriors fits.

And no team in NBA history is beating the 2017 Warriors in a 7 game series.

This conversation was as real as an Embiid trip past the 2nd round.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    True.

People also forget how good the '18 Rockets were. They won 65 games, had the #1 offense & #6 defense. Bunch of 3 & D role players who could switch everything on defense, this gave the Warriors fits.

You can't say that definitively. It's impossible. The 2001 Lakers would be a bad matchup for those 2017 Warriors.

The Spurs of 2014 played team basketball as well as it could be played when they had it going. It would not be shocking to see that series go in the Spurs favor. I think the Warriors would.be favored, but upsets in the -150 range happen all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    No one but they're not quite invincible as they seem to be. They were down by at least 20 in game 1 of the 2017 wcf against the spurs until zaza injured kawhi in the third quarter which was intentional. He was never able to go back for the rest of the series and thus, inevitably made the playoff run a cakewalk for the warriors. Kawhi ultimately avenged this with the raptors in 2019, a playoff run for the warriors in which it involved going 4-0 without kd in the 2019 wcf.