Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default As a black guy, this is concerning....

With Jokic entering GOAT status this year, I got to thinking about GOATs in other sports.... and its not good for the brethren. Almost every sport has a white GOAT.

Football: Tom Brady
    Baseball: Ruth
    Futbol: Messi
    MMA: St. Pierre
    Tennis: Djokovic
    Hockey: Gretzky
    Cricket: Bradman
    Rugby: Richie McCaw
    Cycling: Eddie Merckx
    Boxing: Harry Greb
    Golf: Nicklaus
    Olympic games: Phelps
    WWE: Undertaker
    Ultra marathon: Courtney Duwalter
    Bowling: Pete Weber

The list goes on...

Kblaze and other black posters, how are we coping with this?

LeBron is literally the last GOAT standing for us, and Jokic is set to dominate the next 5 years and pile on accomplishments, potentially nudging him ahead.

****!!!!!!!!

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: As a black guy, this is concerning....

A couple of years ago, all the MVP's across the 4 major sports were White too.

The reign is over for the American Negro athlete.

I have Jim Brown as the football GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    A couple of years ago, all the MVP's across the 4 major sports were White too.

The reign is over for the American Negro athlete.
    Quality > Quantity, I guess...

I also consider Mahomes more of a white guy, considering his dad is probably 30%, and mom 99%... 2/3's rule comes into play there.

Also, I know this is an obvious troll thread, and frankly a sad one, but most of the sports you listed are sports black people either dont care about or historically had zero access to.

I dont think the hockey and cricket GOAT's being white prove any kind of a point about anything

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    I have Jim Brown as the football GOAT
    That's a reasonable take but it's tough for me to come to a similar conclusion. QB's in the NFL are inherently more important than any other position on the field, which almost inevitably means best QB = GOAT. I do think Brown is a better RB than Brady was a QB, but again, it's tough to call Brown or Rice the GOAT when they have nowhere near as much impact on winning

Also, I know this is an obvious troll thread, and frankly a sad one, but most of the sports you listed are sports black people either dont care about or historically had zero access to.

I dont think the hockey and cricket GOAT's being white prove any kind of a point about anything
    Sports dominated by whites have white GOAT's and sports dominated by blacks... still have white GOATs. It's an interesting observation at the least. There is something in european DNA that allows this phenomena to take place. Why is that trolling?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Ay yo...

First off, everybody knows you're a mahomes stan. You would literally pay to suck his dick. And his dad was black.

Secondly, Barry Bonds is the baseball GOAT. Don't talk to me about steroids when everybody did it.

And third off, you're a puny little faggot. Don't ever insult my homie K like that again.

You hear me bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Sports dominated by whites have white GOAT's and sports dominated by blacks... still have white GOATs. It's an interesting observation at the least. There is something in european DNA that allows this phenomena to take place. Why is that trolling?
    Sports arent dominated by any race when access/interest is equal. Soccer proves that. GOAT is subjective but Pele, Thierry Henry, Mbappe, can all hold a candle to Messi and others as talents.

Also it's weird to say Ruth is the GOAT baseball player in a conversation about race, when he didnt even play against black players.

As far as basketball, ironically there was a time Im sure in the 30s and 40s when it was still mainly whites playing basketball, and the attitude was no doubt "oh, blacks wouldnt be good at basketball because of x, y, and z." And then once it caught on in black areas and teams started scouting heavily there and the player base grew to be very black, attitudes swung the other way that white guys cant play, or "white men cant jump" etc. People tend to take an Occam's Razor perspective, accepting the most obvious explanation. If they dont see one group playing, they assume they cant play. If they dont see another group playing, they assume that group cant play.

In reality... there's nothing so specific about any sport that would make success exclusive to one race.

And finally... I mean if you have points to make about social issues, misconceptions, anything you wanna say about something, it's certainly valid to speak your truth honestly whatever that may be. You can take whatever stance you like. But trying to like, make it hurt or make people feel bad or be mean about it and whatever, it just feels angry. Comes off like youre trying to displace your own hurt onto someone else.

It's just a tip. I know this is your alternative account so theres a lot of freedom that comes with the anonymity. But I still dont think it's the best look.

Harry Greb

LMFAO

Sports arent dominated by any race when access/interest is equal. Soccer proves that. GOAT is subjective but Pele, Thierry Henry, Mbappe, can all hold a candle to Messi and others as talents.

Also it's weird to say Ruth is the GOAT baseball player in a conversation about race, when he didnt even play against black players.

As far as basketball, ironically there was a time Im sure in the 30s and 40s when it was still only whites playing basketball, and the attitude was no doubt "oh, blacks wouldnt be good at basketball because of x, y, and z." And then once it caught on in black areas and teams started scouting heavily there and the player base grew to be very black, attitudes swung the other way that white guys cant play, or "white men cant jump" etc. People tend to take an Occam's Razor perspective, accepting the most obvious explanation. If they dont see one group playing, they assume they cant play. If they dont see another group playing, they assume that group cant play.

In reality... there's nothing so specific about any sport that would make success exclusive to one race.

And finally... I mean if you have points to make about social issues, misconceptions, anything you wanna say about something, it's certainly valid to speak your truth honestly whatever that may be. You can take whatever stance you like. But trying to like, make it hurt or make people feel bad or be mean about it and whatever, it just feels angry. Comes off like youre trying to displace your own hurt onto someone else.

It's just a tip. I know this is your alternative account so theres a lot of freedom that comes with the anonymity. But I still dont think it's the best look.
    I disagree with most of those points, but this one sticks out to me. Can you elaborate on this one? You're telling me basketball, a sport predominantly dominated by the black race, is just a matter of... access/interest? You mean there are no genetic differences (there are and they've been studied and the consensus is clear) between the two that would possibly lead one race to have more representation? That's an interesting take.

Also, i'm not trying to hurt anybody. We're dicussing sports on the interent. I think you're projecting your own guiltiness of past internet behavior onto me here.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Harry Greb

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    I disagree with most of those points, but this one sticks out to me. Can you elaborate on this one? You're telling me basketball, a sport predominantly dominated by the black race, is just a matter of... access/interest? You mean there are no genetic differences (there are and they've been studied and the consensus is clear) between the two that would possibly lead one race to have more representation? That's an interesting take.

Also, i'm not trying to hurt anybody. We're dicussing sports on the interent. I think you're projecting your own guiltiness of past internet behavior onto me here.
    There are genetic differences between groups of humans, clearly. Otherwise we'd all look the same. But I'm saying there is no sport that is so singularly demanding of one particular trait that it gives a group an advantage. Most sports generally requires a variety of skills.

I mean sure you could go to the extreme ends and say sprinting is very narrowly demanding, and on the other end so is chess (arguably not a sport anyway). But most sports are some kind of combination of the two, and there's gonna be individuals from all groups who happen to have the necessary combination of qualities to excel at the highest level.

There are genetic differences between groups of humans, clearly. Otherwise we'd all look the same. But I'm saying there is no sport that is so singularly demanding of one particular trait that it gives a group an advantage. Most sports generally requires a variety of skills.

I mean sure you could go to the extreme ends and say sprinting is very narrowly demanding, and on the other end so is chess (arguably not a sport anyway). But most sports are some kind of combination of the two, and there's gonna be individuals from all groups who happen to have the needed combination to excel at the highest level.
    Well I disagree with that. I think black people on average have a signifcant advantage in sports like basektball and football which require fast-twitch muscle fibers primarily.

70% of black people have the ACTN3 R/R genotype which has been found to correlate strongly with speed/power.

about 30% for europeans and 25% for asians.

Dunking on everybody in the park

What about curling?