NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default This man really gave the fans free chicken

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: This man really gave the fans free chicken

I assumed it was a promotional thing at first, but the screenshot made it look like he was talking to the crowd directly and making an offer. So I got to thinking about how much something like that would cost and decided it probably is well within the budget of an NBA player to feed 15 to 20,000 people Meal that cost like seven bucks. Of course I watched it after that and saw what it really was, but I had a good couple minutes trying to work out the logistics of feeding the whole stadium out of your pocket.

Where is the chicken from? There’s a place I think it’s called hearts chicken or something along those lines I’ve been to in Texas. That was pretty good, but Gus would be my pick. Not from Texas. I think it’s based in Tennessee, but I’ve had it in Texas as well. It’s probably some Chick-fil-A. Which of course is good but I prefer the local touch.

Anyone who doesn’t like Boban is a terrible person lol

Whoever was doing the color commentary was awesome with that call.

Very JR/Lawler-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I assumed it was a promotional thing at first, but the screenshot made it look like he was talking to the crowd directly and making an offer. So I got to thinking about how much something like that would cost and decided it probably is well within the budget of an NBA player to feed 15 to 20,000 people Meal that cost like seven bucks. Of course I watched it after that and saw what it really was, but I had a good couple minutes trying to work out the logistics of feeding the whole stadium out of your pocket.

Where is the chicken from? There’s a place I think it’s called hearts chicken or something along those lines I’ve been to in Texas. That was pretty good, but Gus would be my pick. Not from Texas. I think it’s based in Tennessee, but I’ve had it in Texas as well. It’s probably some Chick-fil-A. Which of course is good but I prefer the local touch.

Im sure he could get a volume discount for an order that size as well, so it wouldnt be like buying individually priced items for all those people.

Could probably get everyone there a six piece spicy nuggets for less than the cost of a new mercedes.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I imagine Something like that would be done through an online voucher you could claim after you proved to some app you attended the game with an E ticket stub or something. Be a real hassle for mom and Pop operation so I’m guessing it would be a corporation who could work something like that out.