Angry Gawd Laker Nation, I'm still super pissed we traded RANDLE AND LONZO for the GOAT!!

Why did we have to do that!!! Our young core was EPIC!!!!!!

All we got was a ****ing championship, and then another championship during the season, and the all time leading scorer in NBA history passing Kareem in a Laker jersey!!!!!!

We could have had JULIUS RANDLE AND ALONZO BALLS!!!!!

It's so STUPID!!!!!! Why did they have to ****ing DO THAT!!!!!!

RIGHT GUYS!?!??

NBA rookie of the year BarberSchool's Avatar

Default Re: Gawd Laker Nation, I'm still super pissed we traded RANDLE AND LONZO for the GOAT

I’m genuinely surprised Bulls ownership hasn’t taken a hit out on Ball.

Default Re: Gawd Laker Nation, I'm still super pissed we traded RANDLE AND LONZO for the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    I’m genuinely surprised Bulls ownership hasn’t taken a hit out on Ball.
    They knowingly signed a player with injury history to a bloated contract so that his former team would be unwilling to match it in restricted free agency. Made their bed and left a mint on the pillow.

Isaac, Klay, and Wall came back after 2 missed seasons. Lonzo has some chance.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Isaac, Klay, and Wall came back after 2 missed seasons. Lonzo has some chance.
    It’s been more like 3 seasons.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Just goes to show the robbery the Lakers pulled off to get AD.

That wasn't the issue. Issue was that they gave up all those assets for AD when AD could have signed as a FA a year later. They did win a championship so we can't really question the move, but imagine they had Bron + AD and kept Randle & Zo (before Zo's career got derailed by injuries) and had their picks.

It's like the Melo situation with the Knicks right. He forced his way there via trade and gutted the team. It didn't work out because Amare got injured and they didn't have that many pieces left to move around them. Lakers got their 1 ring but they've been mid outside of that 1 season. 7 seed or missing the POs when you got 2 of the 30 greatest players ever is not great. Instead of a dynasty we got 1 ring. And yes, I know 1 championship is still great, but they sacrificed a lot to make the Bron AD pairing happen a year early.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    That wasn't the issue. Issue was that they gave up all those assets for AD when AD could have signed as a FA a year later. They did win a championship so we can't really question the move, but imagine they had Bron + AD and kept Randle & Zo (before Zo's career got derailed by injuries) and had their picks.

It's like the Melo situation with the Knicks right. He forced his way there via trade and gutted the team. It didn't work out because Amare got injured and they didn't have that many pieces left to move around them. Lakers got their 1 ring but they've been mid outside of that 1 season. 7 seed or missing the POs when you got 2 of the 30 greatest players ever is not great. Instead of a dynasty we got 1 ring. And yes, I know 1 championship is still great, but they sacrificed a lot to make the Bron AD pairing happen a year early.
    Randle and Ball were horrible fits next to Lebron with their lack of shooting. They were a disastrous fit. Guys like Reaves and Rui who can catch and shoot and at an elite level are way more valuable as 3rd and 4th options next to AD and Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    It didn't work out because Amare got injured
    Even if Amare never got injured, Amare’s success as a rolling finisher and fast break finisher du jour, was dependent on having an all-time great pick and roll passer, an alltime great full court passer, setting him up IN STRIDE.

As soon as Amare didn’t have someone of that caliber setting him up in stride, he had to rely on his other skills, which were very unimpressive for someone of his notoriety.

As far as his Knicks legacy and legend go, the injury was a Godsenc in that strange regard. As it allowed delusional casuals who don’t understand the actual game, to imagine what could have been. Which was always far far greater than what would have been if he was healthy, but without a Nash caliber player spoon feeding him in stride.
    Last edited by BarberSchool; 04-15-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Even if Amare never got injured, Amare’s success as a rolling finisher and fast break finisher du jour, was dependent on having an all-time great pick and roll passer, an alltime great full court passer, setting him up IN STRIDE.

As soon as Amare didn’t have someone of that caliber setting him up in stride, he had to rely on his other skills, which were very unimpressive for someone of his notoriety.

As far as his Knicks legacy and legend go, the injury was a Godsenc in that strange regard. As it allowed delusional casuals who don’t understand the actual game, to imagine what could have been. Which was always far far greater than what would have been if he was healthy, but without a Nash caliber player spoon feeding him in stride.
    STAT's 1st season in NY was his 2nd most efficient season and 2nd highest scoring season with Raymond Felton as his PG. You might be underselling his skill level a bit.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    STAT's 1st season in NY was his 2nd most efficient season and 2nd highest scoring season with Raymond Felton as his PG. You might be underselling his skill level a bit.
    Yea I was gonna say. His face-up ability was elite.