Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers @ Pelicans GT

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    It's hard to see them get past over top-seeded teams in the playoffs nowadays, unless it's the grizzlies they're playing again.
    Tbh I think they can/would beat every team in the West outside of the Nuggets (healthy Clippers gives them major trouble too).

If they somehow fall to the 8th seed in the actual playoffs, I would bet that they’d get to the WCF again and lose to the Nuggets again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii View Post
    Tbh I think they can/would beat every team in the West outside of the Nuggets (healthy Clippers gives them major trouble too).

If they somehow fall to the 8th seed in the actual playoffs, I would bet that they’d get to the WCF again and lose to the Nuggets again.
    Sure, tho it's much more imaginable if this was a few years ago. In reality, who knows ad can fall down again anytime, kong is already on a sunset and ham can pretty much 'fukk' them up soon. So yeah, just some few things to consider about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    It's hard to see them get past over top-seeded teams in the playoffs nowadays, unless it's the grizzlies they're playing again.
    They want to get Denver right now I think the Nuggets have looked beatable the past few weeks. The only games Lakers lost in April were without either Bran and/or AD when AD had his eye injury. They need to take them out right now before Nuggets go on a run & get hot.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    They want to get Denver right now I think the Nuggets have looked beatable the past few weeks. The only games Lakers lost in April were without either Bran and/or AD when AD had his eye injury. They need to take them out right now before Nuggets go on a run & get hot.
    Maybe, the nuggets have some guys who are playing through injuries rn. Like joker with sore hip, if i'm not mistaken.

28 points, 17 assists, 11 rebounds, 5 steals & 1 block at age 58 is crazy.

Pelicans didn't stand a chance this game.

Denver has looked like the 2nd best team in the NBA the last few weeks. Have you seen their record? They are already hot.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Denver has looked like the 2nd best team in the NBA the last few weeks. Have you seen their record? They are already hot.
    Jokic, Murray, AG & MPJ are all playing through injuries though and they dropped some games with the #1 seed on the line and are 6 - 4 in their last 10. I think it's now or never.

They’re definitely not beating the Nuggets barring something unforeseen but tanking a playin game would be insane.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

So old washed up LeBron = Prime Magic

Dunking on everybody in the park

Jokic, Murray, AG & MPJ are all playing through injuries though and they dropped some games with the #1 seed on the line and are 6 - 4 in their last 10. I think it's now or never.
    The issue is, who will guard Jokic? Last year AD the so called best defender refused to guard Jokic and an injured Bron had to do the dirty work while being the only one carrying the team offensively and was daed in the last seconds of the games which ended really close.

OKC is looking dangerous but i still rather think LA has a better shot against them than Denver. LA has to lose vs Pelicans and hope GSW go through. Curry still have nightmares of playing Bron in the play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post
    The issue is, who will guard Jokic? Last year AD the so called best defender refused to guard Jokic and an injured Bron had to do the dirty work while being the only one carrying the team offensively and was daed in the last seconds of the games which ended really close.

OKC is looking dangerous but i still rather think LA has a better shot against them than Denver. LA has to lose vs Pelicans and hope GSW go through. Curry still have nightmares of playing Bron in the play in.
    It's not how this shit works. It ain't a 1 on 1 game. You put your best defender on Jokic and he picks the rest of your defense apart if there's holes in it. They did better when AD was on AG because he could sag off Gordon on the weak side while taking away the baseline while also being able to help late on Jokic and also get the rebound. They got destroyed on the glass when AD was on Jokic in that 1st half of G1. You think guys like Dlo, Bran and Reaves can consistently keep up with everyone off-ball?

Jokic gets his points regardless. Look at his efficiency against Miami in the Finals. Jokic hurts you so much with his passing game you don't know when he's actually looking to score, you worry about his teammates scoring first. AD did his job and made Jokic take some tough ass shots, just because Jokic made them doesn't mean that AD didn't play good D.

I agree, getting the Nuggets now aint that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nb1 View Post

Rui was on jokic usually last year. AD would come in to assist rui. It worked well enough. The problem was our guards were slaughtered. We have the same guards this year but with Vincent and dinwiddie off the bench. The issue is probably going to be d'lo again so need a short leash on him.

OKC, despite being the #1 seed, is the most vulnerable and upsettable, from any squad in the top 5 seeds, IMHO.

Their rotation does not have a dependable defensive rebounding group, that can withstand a big team, who can attack the offensive glass.

Couple that with being a very young, inexperienced squad, and being matched up with them in the first round is certainly preferable to drawing the Nuggets in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    28 points, 17 assists, 11 rebounds, 5 steals & 1 block at age 58 is crazy.

Pelicans didn't stand a chance this game.
    Unless the NBA makes the object of your infatuation piss in a cup before the game and/or at halftime, to catch those weaker water-based PED’s he’s been using lately.