Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Who is the worst player in this picture?

^
    The usual question attached to this image:

An image some say was designed to shit on Dwyane Wade though to me, it’s pretty arguable he isn’t the answer. He is among the candidates, but a few of those guys were the same basic level.

Default Re: Who is the worst player in this picture?

Based off peak? I’d prob have to say KD.

Well, Steph and Magic weren't very good defenders. Kobe and Wade probably had the most down seasons in their twilight years. Magic was the worst scorer. Kd hiding in the corner hoping we don't look at him. Not even going to mention anyone else's name. Never imagined I'd make this argument but Curry or Magic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Even though he had an amazing peak, Wade is clearly the odd man out. Only has like 4 superstar seasons under his belt while everyone else on that list were superstars for about a decade+.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Hard to say. Physically speaking Curry did the most with the least and Shaq did the least with the most.

It might be Kareem though. That dude was corny... and basically won nothing outside Magic carrying him.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Hard to say. Physically speaking Curry did the most with the least and Shaq did the least with the most.

It might be Kareem though. That dude was corny... and basically won nothing outside Magic carrying him.

I’m gonna go ahead and skip past the obvious troll part and Focus on the start….

We talk about physical gifts and what comes natural. How much do we factor in hand coordination from a dad who was an all-time great shooter who shaped you to be one as well?

his brother is a career 43%. Do you believe you can be genetically predisposed to good hand eye coordination? And if so, is that genetic predisposition as useful as being athletic? Ever see him play golf? Steph Curry is not a normal human. He’s just abnormal in ways that don’t catch the eye.

I don’t know if somebody with poor natural coordination can just shoot as much as the people in his family and go make the NBA at the height they are.

Just no widely acceptable way to measure it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Kareem? What a weird take.

Crazy take. He led the Bucks to a title (2x Finals), had 5 MVPs and led his team to the playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons before Magic. Unless players are winning a title or in the Finals every season they're a loser?

It's a toss up between Wade and KD. Durant has failed to get to the Finals with some stacked teams. Something Wade never did.

Banned

When you're discussing players at this level it's like splitting hairs, but I'm gonna have to agree that it's a tossup between Wade and Durant.

In terms of overall talent I would give it to Durant by a hair, but Wade was more of a dog and a leader on the floor.

It's close.

Good High School Starter

As a career? Wade.

At their peak? Kobe or Wade.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Crazy take. He led the Bucks to a title (2x Finals), had 5 MVPs and led his team to the playoffs 8 out of 10 seasons before Magic. Unless players are winning a title or in the Finals every season they're a loser?
    Kareems whole prime was in one of the weakest eras ever ~ the 70s... and he only won once while playing with a fellow GOAT in Oscar Robertson.

The Kareem led Lakers were a big disappointment and then when Magic came over they flipped a dynasty switch immediately.

And Magic led teams were still more successful than Kareems even after Kareem retired and Magic had AIDs.

Kareems whole prime was in one of the weakest eras ever ~ the 70s... and he only won once while playing with a fellow GOAT in Oscar Robertson.

The Kareem led Lakers were a big disappointment and then when Magic came over they flipped a dynasty switch immediately.

And Magic led teams were still more successful than Kareems even after Kareem retired and Magic had AIDs.
    The question is pretty simple. Given the 70s was supposedly a weak era, who won more consistently with similar or less talent?

The team's who won multiple times (Knicks, Celtics) had more talent, so your point is useless and biased.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Kareem? What a weird take.
    Not really, peak wise Kareem and KD are the two worst player in this picture

D Wade. Curry 2nd. KD third.