Default Sixers are 29-8 with Embiid, 64-win rate

Thats pretty ****ing good.

Theyre the true 2nd seed really.

30-8 btw if they wouldnt sit Embiid against the Spurs tonight.

Default Re: Sixers are 29-8 with Embiid, 64-win rate

They're good but Celtics will still beat them in a series. Best bet to get out of that 8th spot and then they might do damage

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    They're good but Celtics will still beat them in a series. Best bet to get out of that 8th spot and then they might do damage
    Not nearly as much of a guarantee as you are acting it is

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Nah, why not play the Celtics this year? We are playing with house money.. no one expects us to do anything and they are the “historically great” team. They have all the pressure.. we have the better coach, the best player in the series, and absolutely no pressure on us to win as an 8th seed. They also benched horford. Porzingis is barbecue chicken for embiid. Maxey as a number 2 option is better than harden as a #2 option. Kelly Oubre the type of dude to actually play an allstar to a stale mate in a series. Like I can actually see him averaging a fluke 22 ppg and = jaylen brown in ppg in a series. Jrue shooting 45% from 3 ain’t real. That shooting slump is coming any second. Nick nurse is the type of coach who can stop a Tatum without an all defensive player on his team just with his defensive schemes….then u give him an embiid….aww man……Yeah, I can see us knocking these mfs off. Why not play the Celtics round 1? I love it

Edit we took them to 7 with doc rivers, embiid hurt + missing games, and with playoff James….. these dudes are not as good as yall act like they are….they still have a shitty coach…..they still don’t have a superstar….they are a team of role players bro. Yeah they are souped up role players, but they are stilll role players

Double edit it’s a reason why they keep getting knocked off by teams they are favorites against…. They have no “Star player”…they are starless. It’s a reason Jimmy butler kicked their ass with Gabe Vincent and Caleb Martin as his fellow starters…… it’s a reason curry kicked their azz with a washed klay and looney as his fellow starters
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 04-08-2024 at 10:12 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Celtics and Bucks are going to have a problem with Philly and Miami in the 1st round. That's brutal.

Sixers have been quite incredible with Embiid this season. +10.2 Net Rating with the best offense in the league when Joel plays and the best thing is that Embiid looks pretty healthy right now. Honestly Celtics in the 1st round would still be rough but I think they get 7th and draw the Bucks who they could totally beat and not surprise me very much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Sixers have been quite incredible with Embiid this season. +10.2 Net Rating with the best offense in the league when Joel plays and the best thing is that Embiid looks pretty healthy right now. Honestly Celtics in the 1st round would still be rough but I think they get 7th and draw the Bucks who they could totally beat and not surprise me very much.
    Embiid would be the ultimate antidote to Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Nah, why not play the Celtics this year? We are playing with house money.. no one expects us to do anything and they are the “historically great” team. They have all the pressure.. we have the better coach, the best player in the series, and absolutely no pressure on us to win as an 8th seed. They also benched horford. Porzingis is barbecue chicken for embiid. Maxey as a number 2 option is better than harden as a #2 option. Kelly Oubre the type of dude to actually play an allstar to a stale mate in a series. Like I can actually see him averaging a fluke 22 ppg and = jaylen brown in ppg in a series. Jrue shooting 45% from 3 ain’t real. That shooting slump is coming any second. Nick nurse is the type of coach who can stop a Tatum without an all defensive player on his team just with his defensive schemes….then u give him an embiid….aww man……Yeah, I can see us knocking these mfs off. Why not play the Celtics round 1? I love it
    It’s interesting tho because when anyone in the starting lineup doesnt suit up, Horford has replaced him regardless of position.

Obviously if KP is out they start Horford, but if Jrue is out, Derrick White, JB or Tatum… they plug in Al in those situations and just play a two big look for that game.

So if they decide they wanna adjust the lineup in the playoffs, particularly against Philly to get a Big Al mirror on Joel… it wont throw anything off for Boston. Theyve been doing it all season.

In fact Im quite curious to see if theyre gonna do that even if nobody is actually missing from the lineup.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 04-08-2024 at 11:08 AM.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    It’s interesting tho because when anyone in the starting lineup doesnt suit up, Horford has replaced him regardless of position.

Obviously if KP is out they start Horford, but if Jrue is out, Derrick White, JB or Tatum… they plug in Al in those situations and just play a two big look for that game.

So if they decide they wanna adjust the lineup in the playoffs, particularly against Philly to get a Big Al mirror on Joel… it wont throw anything off for Boston. Theyve been doing it all season.

In fact Im quite curious to see if theyre gonna do that even if nobody is actually missing from the lineup.
    NBA players are people not robots. So if you bench jrue holiday or Derrick white for no fault of their own you will “lose them” for the long run…. It’s not their fault that Porzingis can’t guard embiid why should they be punished. “If porzingis can’t guard him then bench him….not me”. Like I said if you punish white or holiday for no reason say goodbye to any chance at a ring…. This isn’t college. Pros aren’t putting up with that. Nba is about dealing with egos as a coach….i dare you to bench one of them for horford…..I dare you!!!!!!!! That team will implode so fking fast it will leave your cap spinning

It’s easy to say but it’s for the good of the team when it’s not you dealing with millions of dollars on the line. “Benching me for a series can effect my money”-theoretical nba player. This is a business at the end of the day….aint jrue in a contract year?
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 04-08-2024 at 11:31 AM.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The Celtics would have a reasonable chance against them (just my humble opinion) but if they're really all that they aren't going to fall into the 8th seed. They have a small shot at catching indy for 6th but if Embiid is healthy enough to carry the load they will be facing the Bucks as the 7th seed after beating Miami in the play in with gone court advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    The Celtics would have a reasonable chance against them (just my humble opinion) but if they're really all that they aren't going to fall into the 8th seed. They have a small shot at catching indy for 6th but if Embiid is healthy enough to Carey the load they will be facing the Bucks as the 7th seed after beating Minami in the play in with gone court advantage.
    You've been hitting girls named Carey and Minami?