Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Luka deserves MVP

God knows I've been very critical of Luka this season, but his play since All Star break has been phenomenal, particularly since Mavs have started Daniel Gafford.

I believe that Mavs are now something like 14-1 with Luka and Gafford starting. This proves what I said, that Mavs just needed a competent big man to compete.

Mavs are now on 7 game winning streak and only 2 games behind Clippers for 4th spot in the West. They can still be a 50 win team. Included in that win streak are wins over Jokic and Sabonis.

If Mavs get 50 wins, Luka definitely deserves the MVP.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Default Re: Luka deserves MVP

Jokic is just too dominant and will likely have 1 seed. Beats Luka in every advanced category

It is kinda crazy a 34/10/9 carry job won't result in an MVP, but Jokic is clearly a top 5 all-time level player at his peak. Just how it goes

The fact that Jamal Murray has been out only bolsters Nikola's case for a third MVP.

Very good NBA starter

I'm ok with giving Jokic the MVP, but I feel it will be as a consolation prize for last years robbery.

You can argue that Luka dipped for too long around christmas though.

National High School Star

I know Tiny is the only player to go 1/1 on points and assists...but Luka going 1 and 2...has that happened before?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I know Tiny is the only player to go 1/1 on points and assists...but Luka going 1 and 2...has that happened before?
    I doubt it has.

I would think it hasn't happened with top 3 either.

Maybe Oscar Robertson?

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    I doubt it has.

I would think it hasn't happened with top 3 either.

Maybe Oscar Robertson?
    Harden was 2nd in points and 1st in assists in 2017, lost MVP to Westbrick

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Jokic is just too dominant and will likely have 1 seed. Beats Luka in every advanced category

It is kinda crazy a 34/10/9 carry job won't result in an MVP, but Jokic is clearly a top 5 all-time level player at his peak. Just how it goes
    SGA & Luka are ahead of Jokic in EPM if you care about that stat at all, but yeah otherwise Jokic is more efficient. Luka's sheer volume though should put him in that convo. It's definitely not a landslide win for Jokic. Luka & SGA both deserve some 1st place votes.

OKC has the tiebreaker over Denver, and the Wolves are currently 2 - 1 over Denver and could end up with the tiebreaker as well, so there's a world where Denver ends up 3rd with the Mavs finishing 4th, and in that case both SGA & Luka have decent MVP arguments as well.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Luka with OKC's record would probably win it because he would've got a lot more recognition throughout the year as the team was often #1 in the rankings. I think may player will receive 1st place votes. Even Tatum will land a few probably. Both Luka and SGA will receive votes as will Giannis. So no, it will not be a landslide - and it also shouldn't.

But Jokic will win. Partly because 2nd place and 3rd place votes will be very mixed. I think Jokic will have the most 1st and 2nd place votes and not necessarily reach half of all votes in either category - but it will be enough. I agree others are deserving and I think Luka could have won it with OKC's record.

OP has been a top 3 Luka hater all season and now this? OP must be off his meds

Facts Are Misleading

Doncic odds have soared lately. SGA has fallen off a cliff to +2500

Doncic +700 is in the realm of possibility. It has been quite a run to finish the season off for the Mavs and Doncic.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Doncic odds have soared lately. SGA has fallen off a cliff to +2500

Doncic +700 is in the realm of possibility. It has been quite a run to finish the season off for the Mavs and Doncic.
    I've been telling this for at least 3 months now: Luka would win with the OKC record because he is a much bigger name than SGA and has huge games that catch attention along with some great highlight plays.

Honestly, no.

Lebron deserves it.

I rule the local playground Nowoco's Avatar

I couldnt believe how fat his face looked last night.

Last edited by Nowoco; 04-01-2024 at 06:23 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Luka has a serious case of carb face.

His wife is a chubby too.

You can just tell they sit around and eat potato chips all night, because they have been together so long and from so young they have zero desire to have sex with each other anymore.

Luka needs to go find some baddie who will get him into shape.