Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Iranian Ex-Muslim ESCAPES Islamic Law & Discovers the SHOCKING Truth About Jesus

Nice 15-minute video. Very informative and inspiring.

Pastor Ramin Parsha joins Samuel Smadja to share his extraordinary life journey. Raised as a Shiite Muslim in Iran, Parsha endured torture and brutality in the name of Allah. Through divine grace, he broke free from this torment and embraced Jesus. Now residing in Israel with his Jewish wife, Parsha spreads the boundless love and forgiveness he found in Christianity, echoing Jesus' message of praying for our enemies to the world.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Iranian Ex-Muslim ESCAPES Islamic Law & Discovers the SHOCKING Truth About Jesus

The letter "J" wasn't even in the alphabet until the 1500's or so.

When people say "Jesus" they are saying "Hail Zeus" and when people say "Amen" after a prayer they are really referring to a brutal Egyptian king Amon-Ra.

Jesus's real name was Yahshua

And the portrait you see of Jesus is really a son of a pope, Cesare Borgia.

The more you know.

Default Re: Iranian Ex-Muslim ESCAPES Islamic Law & Discovers the SHOCKING Truth About Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

When people say "Jesus" they are saying "Hail Zeus" and when people say "Amen" after a prayer they are really referring to a brutal Egyptian king Amon-Ra.

The more you know.
    I think a lot of people know this. Yeshua or Yehoshua was the given Hebrew name of Jesus. Jesus is merely the English/Latin translation of that name. And Jesus spoke Aramaic and not Hebrew.

Etymology

The English name Jesus, from Greek Iēsous, is a rendering of Joshua (Hebrew Yehoshua, later Yeshua), and was not uncommon in Judea at the time of the birth of Jesus. Popular etymology linked the names Yehoshua and Yeshua to the verb meaning "save" and the noun "salvation". The Gospel of Matthew tells of an angel that appeared to Joseph instructing him "to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins"

Cali Love

The Truth Is Out There Media Moderator's Avatar

Try that in Palestine. His head would be on the tip of a spear faster than you can spell apostasy

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

gods first name was Patrick.

but now that he died from cvd19 ...

we have to look towards Nazi Don

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

The more you know.
    Doesn't that stem from Iesous, which sounds like "Hail Zeus"? Doesn't mean that was the intention.

But yes, they took a lot of early Christianity and added Paganism symbols/ideas/thoughts in order to appeal to a greater populace including Pagans. The people were not educated enough in those days to know any better. Those in power in the Church essentially politicized Christianity at conferences like the Council of Nicea that took place multiple times. They ultimately wanted to make Christianity more popular and widespread. It's a mild way of indoctrinating people to gain followers. It's true for all religions if we study their histories. Pretty much across the board - Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, etc.

I doubt any god or gods if they exist would ever support the politicizing and indoctrination of people for the benefit of those in power. It's happened so often and so many times that people have lost track of it. They usually accept it now because they have been raised to.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Doesn't that stem from Iesous, which sounds like "Hail Zeus"? Doesn't mean that was the intention.

But yes, they took a lot of early Christianity and added Paganism symbols/ideas/thoughts in order to appeal to a greater populace including Pagans. The people were not educated enough to know any better. Those in power in the Church essentially politicized Christianity at conferences like the Council of Nicea that took place multiple times. They ultimately wanted to make Christianity more popular and widespread. It's a mild way of indoctrinating people to gain followers. It's true for all religions if we study their histories. Pretty much across the board - Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, etc.

I doubt any god or gods if they exist would ever support the politicizing and indoctrination of people for the benefit of those in power.
    Why don’t you believe in God? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Media Moderator View Post
    Try that in Palestine. His head would be on the tip of a spear faster than you can spell apostasy
    I mean, he really went all out. He converted to Christianity and married a Jewish woman. More power to him. God will protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Why don’t you believe in God? Just curious.
    I don't believe or not believe. I'm agnostic. It's not for me to prove or disprove the claim of god(s). The religious people have made a claim, so the burden of proof is on those people to provide evidence.

Thus far, there is no evidence of the existence of god(s). I don't accept on the basis of faith, which is the belief in something that lacks evidence. If I did, how is it any different than believing in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus flying around every Christmas to drop off gifts?

Thus far, there is no evidence of the existence of god(s). I don't accept on the basis of faith, which is the belief in something that lacks evidence. If I did, how is it any different than believing in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus flying around every Christmas to drop off gifts?
    We know the tooth fairy and Santa thing isn't real though whereas a creator remains a mystery. It's weird to think about how many cults have been formed based on this simple question and what it does to people.

I know a couple guys who over recent years confessed their belief in God. They became intellectually lazy and "interested" in conspiracy theories. Suddenly everyone else was wrong and they were right just because. They didn't become better people after "finding God". It's just sad seeing adults doing this shit.

Anyway, OP is going to Hell when he dies.

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    We know the tooth fairy and Santa thing isn't real though whereas a creator remains a mystery. It's weird to think about how many cults have been formed based on this simple question and what it does to people.

I know a couple guys who over recent years confessed their belief in God. They became intellectually lazy and "interested" in conspiracy theories. Suddenly everyone else was wrong and they were right just because. They didn't become better people after "finding God". It's just sad seeing adults doing this shit.

Anyway, OP is going to Hell when he dies.
    The bigger mystery to me is why is every shithead Liberal like you and blade are anti-God? What is this connection between Liberalism and Atheism? You say that a "creator" remains a mystery, but then you stupidly say that your friends became intellectually lazy and started becoming interested in conspiracy theories. If you yourself cannot ascertain for a fact that God does not exist, then how can you call your friends intellectually lazy?

You sit there and think you're better and smarter than those who follow God. Why is that? What is the difference between you and someone who is devout and believes in a creator? What makes you intellectually superior to them? I'll tell you what.....not a goddamn thing. But yet here you are mocking and slandering those who believe in a creator.

And if your friends and all of us are intellectually lazy, then what is the opposite of that? You? What do you know that we don't? There is more evidence for creationism than there is not.

I don't believe or not believe. I'm agnostic. It's not for me to prove or disprove the claim of god(s). The religious people have made a claim, so the burden of proof is on those people to provide evidence.

You are not Agnostic. At least not by the definition of what it means to be Agnostic. You cannot say you don't believe and then say you don't not believe. Those two stances cannot exist in reality, nor are they the definition of what it means to be Agnostic. It's one or the other, not both. Agnostics always striked me as people who were too lazy to follow a religious belief and connect with God, but too cowardly to come out and admit that they were non-believers, thus Atheist. It's one or the other. It cannot be both.

And your argument can be dismantled easily. You don't need to see things in physical nature to know they exist. Does a bear shit in the woods? Do I exist? You've never seen me. Do you exist? How can I prove you exist? I can't. I have to believe that I am communicating with another sentient being. How do you know the pyramids exist? Have you ever seen them in person? Have you ever touched them? God is not about faith alone. But about Science too. Because Science cannot explain everything to the contrary either. Science is always changing. We are less certain today of the Big Bang Theory and less certain of Human Evolution than we were 50 years ago. Science is always wrong. We somehow "trust the Science" which is another way of saying we have "faith" in Science. But if you cannot faith in a omnipotent creator, then you also cannot have faith in Science since Science is never 100%. Thus, you cannot say that God doesn't exist because someone hasn't proved to you that he exists either.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 03-30-2024 at 11:37 PM.

Astrophysicist points to evidence of a Creator

Non-believers: "Uhhh if don't see it, I don't believe it. I need proof."