Default Think Donovan Mitchell signs the 4yr extension with Cavs this summer?

He had a chance to last summer but decided against it. His deal is up in the summer of 26' (player option) so he can sign a 4yr for and close to 200mil or refuse and then the Cavs have a decision that trade deadline.

Front office says he loves it in Cleveland and likes the young team core. I think he'll sign.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2024/...thinks-so.html

Default Re: Think Donovan Mitchell signs the 4yr extension with Cavs this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    He had a chance to last summer but decided against it. His deal is up in the summer of 26' (player option) so he can sign a 4yr for and close to 200mil or refuse and then the Cavs have a decision that trade deadline.

Front office says he loves it in Cleveland and likes the young team core. I think he'll sign.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2024/...thinks-so.html
    Unless hes eligible for more if he waits I dont see why not.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Think Donovan Mitchell signs the 4yr extension with Cavs this summer?

There is a whole postseason that could positively or negatively effect his decision. Without any real insight I'm going to predict he forces a trade to the Lakers and becomes the last whipping boy of the James stans.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I think he would get more by waiting but everyone isn’t into that risk. He could do the 2 year with an opt out thing so many of them like to do to keep their options open.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

yep -- cav's are his team.

Local High School Star

I'm unsure if he will or not, but it feels like he should. The Cavs are a good team and he's a good fit on it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

No it's no secret he wants to go to a big market franchise like the Knicks

My prediction is he ends up in Miami. Cavs might as well cut their losses and take Herro and some fillers for him in the summer.