Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Latest Draymond ejection

Warriors are in a position where Curry is good enough to keep the team from getting a meaningful lottery pick despite the rest of the team not being great and them not going deep into the playoffs as a result. As such, they're likely going to be stuck there until they start unloading all of their pieces including Curry.

They should do one of two things. Unload the roster except for Curry and pray you're smart enough to quickly surround him or unload them all, including Curry, and try to get something going 3-5 years out. But this standing pat with the roster they've got is pretty clearly a thing of the past if they want anything meaningful.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

They could still make the play in... but if they don't at least we'll get to see Dillon Brooks troll Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Pratt View Post
    May have been a warranted ejection, but I see arguing as bad as this all the time and it simply gets passed over. I don’t see any consistency in this at all. And yeah, Draymond should know he’s on a shorter leash. Just looks to me like the second T was called after he was walking away and the incident was over.
    Because he called him a b___h ass n_____r as he was walking away.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post
    Because he called him a b___h ass n_____r as he was walking away.
    Nowadays everybody got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move they lips... just a bunch of gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Nowadays everybody got something to say, but nothing comes out when they move they lips... just a bunch of gibberish.
    Actually after further consultation with a lip reader, he says p___y not b___h.

May have been a warranted ejection, but I see arguing as bad as this all the time and it simply gets passed over. I don’t see any consistency in this at all. And yeah, Draymond should know he’s on a shorter leash. Just looks to me like the second T was called after he was walking away and the incident was over.
    Depends what was actually said.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Depends what was actually said.
    I basically disagree with this. The rules say that refs should not give technical fouls for cursing or blaspheming the ref. Techs should be based on what the players do, including how long they complain and how much they get up in the refs grill. But it shouldn’t matter a bit what the player actually says unless it’s a threat. Refs need to grow a pair.

On the first tech, Draymond made physical contact with the ref. So yeah, that was easily a tech. While he was inches away and still screaming, I could have seen another tech. But he was walking away and the incident was over. No reason to call a tech at that point, no matter what he said. That’s just my opinion, and it’s backed up by the actual rule, but it’s definitely not the way refs call the games (Joker was ejected from a game earlier this year for far, far less and based solely on what he said).

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I basically disagree with this. The rules say that refs should not give technical fouls for cursing or blaspheming the ref. Techs should be based on what the players do, including how long they complain and how much they get up in the refs grill. But it shouldn’t matter a bit what the player actually says unless it’s a threat. Refs need to grow a pair.

On the first tech, Draymond made physical contact with the ref. So yeah, that was easily a tech. While he was inches away and still screaming, I could have seen another tech. But he was walking away and the incident was over. No reason to call a tech at that point, no matter what he said. That’s just my opinion, and it’s backed up by the actual rule, but it’s definitely not the way refs call the games (Joker was ejected from a game earlier this year for far, far less and based solely on what he said).
    The way he was walking away it seemed to me he was heading towards the locker room. So he may have been told to have been thrown out.

From the rulebook:
    A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
    1. Disrespectfully addressing an official
    2. Physically contacting an official
    3. Overt actions indicating resentment to a call or no-call
    4. Use of profanity
    5. A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official
    6. A deliberately-thrown elbow or any unnatural physical act towards an opponent with no contact involved
    7.Taunting
    https://official.nba.com/rule-no-12-...lties/#conduct

It's clear that Draymond did 1, 3, and 4.

Additionally:

Cursing or blaspheming an official shall not be considered the only cause for imposing technical foul. Running tirades, continuous criticism or griping may be sufficient cause to assess a technical. Excessive misconduct shall result in ejection from the game.
    He was given some leeway but continued the tirade even after the first tech.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post

He was given some leeway but continued the tirade even after the first tech.
    I wouldn’t have a problem with it if he was T’d up the second time during the tirade. But it was over. At that point, it looks like he got the second tech for something he said. Also, you notice that the rules are contradictory? Profanity is grounds for a technical, but cursing or blaspheming the ref are not?

Can you stop deliberately acting contrarian and stupid please?