Wink Build a team around Christian Thompson, Matt Deldova, Shumpert, JR Smiff, and Mozgov

You can add one player.

You have to be able to win the East with this team and push the dynasty Warriors to 6 in the Finals.

Go.

Default Re: Build a team around Christian Thompson, Matt Deldova, Shumpert, JR Smiff, and Moz

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    You can add one player.

You have to be able to win the East with this team and push the dynasty Warriors to 6 in the Finals.

Go.
    Not one player because they're a a whole season and multiple playoff games played with others I'll list below. But it starts with one guy:

Michael "GOAT" Jordan

Supporting cast :
    Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    Richard Jefferson
    Channing Frye

Looks like a title winning team to me.

Default Re: Build a team around Christian Thompson, Matt Deldova, Shumpert, JR Smiff, and Moz

Quote Originally Posted by beasted View Post

Michael "GOAT" Jordan
    Cringe.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

What happens if we add Jokic? Just curious. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    What happens if we add Jokic? Just curious. What do you think?
    No. We are not doing that.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    No. We are not doing that.
    Too bad. There were some shooters on that team who would work well with Jokic. Mozgov is being set up for easy points. Defenses would have a tough time with these twin towers. I'm not sure this team is that much worse than the current Nuggets supporting cast.

Not one player because they're a a whole season and multiple playoff games played with others I'll list below. But it starts with one guy:

Michael "GOAT" Jordan

Supporting cast :
    Kyrie Irving
    Kevin Love
    Richard Jefferson
    Channing Frye

Looks like a title winning team to me.
    Of these players, we have to assume for this hypothetical that Love will get hurt in the first round and miss the playoffs, Kyrie will miss the finals and much of the conference finals.

So I dont think you have enough.

You need Lebron.

Of these players, we have to assume for this hypothetical that Love will get hurt in the first round and miss the playoffs, Kyrie will miss the finals and much of the conference finals.

So I dont think you have enough.

You need Lebron.
    Jordan has never averaged sub 40% FG in any series.

At the same age, Jordan won the title and averaged 41 in the Finals. Why would anyone "need" the interior player?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Jordan has never averaged sub 40% FG in any series.

At the same age, Jordan won the title and averaged 41 in the Finals. Why would anyone "need" the interior player?
    Wrong

https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-bulls.html

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

2/17 3PA YUCK

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Too bad. There were some shooters on that team who would work well with Jokic. Mozgov is being set up for easy points. Defenses would have a tough time with these twin towers. I'm not sure this team is that much worse than the current Nuggets supporting cast.
    Mozgov is being set up by WHO? You can't mean Jokic If you think you could play Mozgov and Jokic together in 2024, I seriously question if you've watched the NBA in the last decade.

2/17 3PA YUCK
    Funniest shit is with the new footage coming out we can see he was guarded like Ben Simmons too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I thought I typed Finals series. As you see my second sentence is also regarding the Finals.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

I thought I typed Finals series. As you see my second sentence is also regarding the Finals.
    Sure bud.