Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default To be clear, I am against this being called a shooting foul. That said…….

…. I might have given it to him anyway.

Default Re: To be clear, I am against this being called a shooting foul. That said…….

It’s a bullshit way to play generally speaking, but he nailed it. You don’t want to see it rewarded with three free throws because it would encourage the behavior. I’m just saying he did the wrong thing well. I’m not sure that isnt a shooting foul. by the spirit it isn’t, but he got into that motion so quickly….

It’s like someone being a really skilled retail thief or a pickpocket. I’m not respecting the activity, but I can acknowledge how smoothly it was done.

They say he got the call once in international play, but I can’t find it.

Default Re: To be clear, I am against this being called a shooting foul. That said…….

Yeah that one is actually legit.

Alot of times guys try to sell those long distance shooting fouls but they really dont start the motion until they feel the contact. Jokic saw the guy coming there and immediately went into the motion before contact. I can understand refs erring on the side of not giving it, but if that was challenged I dont know what justification there would be for not sending him to the line.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

I think he does this for fun. I saw the game and the Nuggets were up big at the time. They didn't argue the call for long. Jokic usually isn't fishing for foul calls. By the way, just as you have hinted: This IS a shooting foul. I'd have no problem with these situations resulting in free throws if the rest of the rules were also kept. Gillespie was called for a carry in that game -- and that WAS a carry. I was happy to have seen it being called. Now as for the 39 uncalled carries... And so on.

Good High School Starter

You only give that to him if it matters. There are 0 times in the history of the NBA where a guy is legitimately trying to shoot from that distance with a 24 second shot clock and non expiring game clock where it also wasn't an attempt to draw a foul.

Technically, it was absolutely a shooting foul. I'm with the refs on this. You don't give him that unless it matters.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Eh... that's cheap and wack. Play with some integrity and honor.

Sure it’s cheap. I would say it’s borderline hoe behavior. It’s just also a shooting foul. A foul I understand not setting a precedent on…but a foul.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

joker has a sutural sense of humor

He wasnt even trying to make a legit shot, just selling the shooting form to make it in the act.