Local High School Star

Default Why aren't the Miami Heat better this season

Why are the Miami Heat so incredibly average and unimpressive?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Why aren't the Miami Heat better this season

Because they don’t Give a shit about the regular season. Fans don’t either but Somehow they take offense that the players and organizations actions suggest they all agree. Fans want players to go all out and give the Paying customer their moneys worth at every opportunity though they reserve the right to turn around and tell them it means absolutely nothing Before April.

Theyre pleased to be agreed with, and to cheer for people like Playoff Jimmy when they decide to turn it on but hate that the players and teams do what is rational in games they themselves assign little to no value.

If you’re gonna spend two decades pushing the idea that the regular season doesn’t matter you can’t then turn around and be upset when teams treat the regular season like it doesn’t matter. The legacy minded people, especially. If you assign no value to games in January I don’t know why the players agreeing is so offensive.

Personally I like(or liked) to watch all nba ball but the players clearly saving themselves for later and sitting out so many would be big games has ruined too many planned nights of watching at this point. I barely get to know the players and teams. The Heat are just the worst examples of a pretty widespread approach that hurts the game more than they know.

when you start to lose the interest of maniacs like me who recorded Kwame Brown Summer league games I know they’re losing the casuals. They’re lucky all the new revenue streams and inflation offset the reduced interest and keep everybody making more money and values rising.

They have average and unimpressive cast.

Until the playoff where Spo have 7 games to outcoach the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post

This.

A bunch of good or solid players. Not one great player on the team. Butler classifies as "really good" some nights in the regular season.

Herro has missed over half the season, Butler over 25%, Love and Martin in and out of the lineup all season. I think they said on the broadcast the team has lead the league in starting lineup variations.

It must've hurt them that lillard didn't end up being with the team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I feel like Miami knows they aren't talented enough to be Champs and they save all their nut up to **** teams who could ring. Almost like a sadistic underdog pleasure. With Jimmy Butler being the captain.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Because if you look at it... the Heat can take anybody in a short bout. But they always wilter in the Finals because of the gauntlets they put themselves through prior. If they tried in the regular season they could face mediocre squads a couple rounds and have energy for the last rounds. But to get a top seed takes energy in the first place. So they're kinda screwed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I feel like Miami knows they aren't talented enough to be Champs and they save all their nut up to **** teams who could ring. Almost like a sadistic underdog pleasure. With Jimmy Butler being the captain.
    So they're coasting rn more or less? Either way, they're likely looking forward to another first-round meeting with the bucks this coming april.

Lost two of their best shooters (Strus, Vincent) who made sure Jimmy and Bam had more space to operate in the paint/midrange.

Also, the shooting they still have: Robinson, Herro, Kevin Love, Caleb Martin … besides Robinson …. have all missed significant stretches this season, Herro especially.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine View Post

I suspect Lebron has actually been calling Spo during the playoffs ever since he left, and giving him game plans and advice. Since theyre in different conferences theres really no harm in it. Just to sort of keep the bridge open between he and his old team.

Didn't he faced his former team tho during the 2020 disney bubble?