Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Is it the Celtics Year?

We've seen some ups and downs this year.

Minnesota for a while seemed the best team in the NBA, now they're 3rd best in the West.

Clippers were weak, added Harden, took a little while to gel, now competitive and 4th in the West.

Pelicans started average, people got on Zion's case for being out of shape, now Pelicans kicking butt and competitive, just 2 games back of the Clips.

Mavs started off as the 2nd best team in the West; now they've droppped to 8th in the West.

Warriors never got into first gear and are headed for a play-in; not really a contender.

Grizz started off 4-1 and now out of the picture.

The Bucks looked before the season they could hang with the Celtics but 11.5 games behind them.

Cavs started slow (they were 4-7 and I think their slow start carried further)- now 3rd in the East.

Knicks I believe were similar- now 4th.

I asked mid-way if the Magic were for real (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...-Magic-legit)- starting 16-7, and 69% winning- but they've cooled off to 5th in East with below 60% winning.

Celtics have been dominant all season long.

So----- who do you have for the ring?

Default Re: Is it the Celtics Year?

I think Celtics have a good shot. People penalize Tatum for not winning a ring yet but MJ and LeBron didn’t win a ring before 28 and they are better than Tatum.

They need to win it or it'll be a failure of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by bdonovan View Post
    We've seen some ups and downs this year.

Minnesota for a while seemed the best team in the NBA, now they're 3rd best in the West.

Clippers were weak, added Harden, took a little while to gel, now competitive and 4th in the West.

Pelicans started average, people got on Zion's case for being out of shape, now Pelicans kicking butt and competitive, just 2 games back of the Clips.

Mavs started off as the 2nd best team in the West; now they've droppped to 8th in the West.

Warriors never got into first gear and are headed for a play-in; not really a contender.

Grizz started off 4-1 and now out of the picture.

The Bucks looked before the season they could hang with the Celtics but 11.5 games behind them.

Cavs started slow (they were 4-7 and I think their slow start carried further)- now 3rd in the East.

Knicks I believe were similar- now 4th.

I asked mid-way if the Magic were for real (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...-Magic-legit)- starting 16-7, and 69% winning- but they've cooled off to 5th in East with below 60% winning.

Celtics have been dominant all season long.

So----- who do you have for the ring?

I noticed you didnt mention Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Nah, if they make the finals again and lose to someone out west there's no shame in that. The C's arent the only good team in this league. It's still a young group, theyre gonna have more chances.

Falling short of the finals will definitely be a failure.

No excuses

Local High School Star

In my list: left out the top team in the West rt now - OKC Thunder.

Denver is still the heavy favorite to repeat. Celtics have 2nd best chance, due to sheer talent, if fully healthy, and if their young coaching staff doesn’t meet a scheme they can’t figure out within 2 games…

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Nah, if they make the finals again and lose to someone out west there's no shame in that. The C's arent the only good team in this league. It's still a young group, theyre gonna have more chances.

Falling short of the finals will definitely be a failure.
    Its a failure through and through. They're the best team in the league by far. They need to win it or they'll be a laughing stock. I've been saying this to friends outside of this forum for months.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

basically starting 5 all-stars.. (who leads the team ???)

I hope Bucks bump them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    I would go further and say they need to make major moves. The Tatum/Brown combo should be considered a failed run at a ring.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Yes.

It shall be a culmination of elevation. And we're gone feel a sense of jubilation, sensation, and PURE high vibration!

HALLELUJAH!

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I dont remember if it was last year or the year before, but I remember posting some articles suggesting they were so far ahead of the rest of the league on both ends that anyone not them winning was almost unthinkable. They’re obviously better now and I think they should be favored it to win versus anyone, but that’s why they play the games. It isn’t KD on the warriors obvious they should win but it isn’t far off.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

The main thing that separates the Celtics from the Dubs is the warriors had two MVP talents on one team with incredible help and fit. It was basically a perfect puzzle board. The 1000 piece type you spend putting together in the looney bin.

Who does Boston have that compares to 2 MVP talents? Tatum is nice but hes the only one and he's only top 10 player. The Celtics don't have a Kobe or Jordan or Lebron level takeover player. The only way they'll win is through teamwork but the 2014 Spurs won with less talent and all of that so its certainly possible.

Cali Love

Honestly I can see them getting bounced early. Its all about the West anyway who can takedown Denver?