Good High School Starter

Default I miss the college teams of the past

I miss when NCAA teams were made of NBA-ready junior and senior players that could have gone to the league but stayed in college to win that National Championship. I remember when Duke in 2001 or Maryland in 2002 won it with rosters filled with upperclassmen. Nowadays they are full of one-and-done players who just use the college to showcase their skills before earning the big bucks.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: I miss the college teams of the past

That hasn’t really been the case the last few years. It was rampant from like 07-15.

NIL is incentivizing people to stay longer and people are figuring out that upper classmen tend to play more winning basketball

Very good NBA starter

Yeah, one and done is disrespectful to the colleges.

Colleges should be for players who ideally aim to get a full college degree or at least pretend to want to get the college experience.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat View Post
    Yeah, one and done is disrespectful to the colleges.

Colleges should be for players who ideally aim to get a full college degree or at least pretend to want to get the college experience.
    Is it though? I’m not a huge fan of the one and done thing for other reasons but superstars coming to colleges give them exposure and enormous financial gains.

I think they’re okay with it.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    Is it though? I’m not a huge fan of the one and done thing for other reasons but superstars coming to colleges give them exposure and enormous financial gains.

I think they’re okay with it.
    Yeah colleges are fine, but fans shouldn't be.

The college fans should want one of their own to play. I don't care if they assign you a nerd, but you can't just be a semi-professional for one year. Who cares then?

Local High School Star

I wish every good player stayed in college for two seasons instead of just one.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Street Hunger View Post
    I wish every good player stayed in college for two seasons instead of just one.
    How about giving a better rookie contract based on your age? Makes sense right?

If you come into the league as a 28 year old euro, shouldn't you be allowed a better contract than a 19 year old high schooler? Likewise a senior from college should be allowed a better contract. You gave up money.