Local High School Star

Default Knicks and coach Tom Thibodeau to discuss extension

The Knicks and coach Tom Thibodeau are reportedly expected to discuss a contract extension after the season.

Good move?

Default Re: Knicks and coach Tom Thibodeau to discuss extension

*Malkovich rounders voice*

“PAY ZIE MAN HIZ MONEEEEEY”

It’s only a matter of time until Thibbs yet again devises the NEXT defensive system that everyone copies again. Just like he did with the big 3 in Boston, Yao & McGrady in Houston, the Bulls, etc

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I have to concede that he's the best defensive coach in the league. Really not liking the way the Knicks have been managed these last few years. Badly missing the days of Marbury and Francis.

While he can coach well on the defensive end, the problem with him is his minute management on the players. I'm not sure why it seems necessary for him to keep playing some of their main starters for long, even in some games that they won in which they had huge leads for most of the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    While he can coach well on the defensive end, the problem with him is his minute management on the players. I'm not sure why it seems necessary for him to keep playing some of their main starters for long, even in some games that they won in which they had huge leads for most of the duration.
    This.

Plays dudes like Hart WAY too many minutes considering how hard the Knicks will ride him in the playoffs.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

As a Knicks fan, I don’t like his coaching. I think he’s an ancient relic. His rotations are garbage and since he only uses anywhere between 8-9 players every night, he runs these players into the ground with too many minutes played. Josh Hart has literally played all 48 minutes a few times already this year. Same with Brunson.

I would prefer a younger coach.

The way he plays other players for so long even when it's unnecessary isn't a new thing. It happened before with derrick rose in game 1 of the 2012 bulls-sixers playoff matchup, resulting to knee injury that apparently ruined his career. Could've benched him already after securing a lead and the win but he didn't. He is prone to making those kind of dumb decisions, no matter how capable he can elevate the players on his teams.