Only behind the 72-10 Bulls.

Default Re: Celtics have the 2nd best net rating of all time

Top 4 in margin of victory behind
    72 Lakers
    71 Bucks
    96 Bulls

Top 4 in SRS rating as well and top 4 relative o rating

Some of these numbers are ridiculous.

Whats crazy is half the staring rotation has been out lately and now the bench players are in top form

No excuses

They just shoot so well from three teams cannot keep up. Compounded by the fact they have plus defenders all over the roster.

I initially thought they would still need to play a bit tougher, more physical to move comfortably thru the East playoffs but I’m starting to feel like nobody has enough to challenge them regardless. A couple teams like Miami and NYK could catch them with their guard down if theyre not careful, but I think the C’s will be ready. Orlando, Indiana etc would play them tough and keep games close, but it’s doubtful theyd steal more than 1 victory. Milwaukee is supposed to be their biggest conference rival right now but I dont like the matchup for the Bucks.

It’s frankly getting hard to see any result other than Boston winning the conference and losing to Denver. Altho Im sure by typing this out Ill somehow end up jinxing somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    They just shoot so well from three teams cannot keep up. Compounded by the fact they have plus defenders all over the roster.

I initially thought they would still need to play a bit tougher, more physical to move comfortably thru the East playoffs but I’m starting to feel like nobody has enough to challenge them regardless. A couple teams like Miami and NYK could catch them with their guard down if theyre not careful, but I think the C’s will be ready. Orlando, Indiana etc would play them tough and keep games close, but it’s doubtful theyd steal more than 1 victory. Milwaukee is supposed to be their biggest conference rival right now but I dont like the matchup for the Bucks.

It’s frankly getting hard to see any result other than Boston winning the conference and losing to Denver. Altho Im sure by typing this out Ill somehow end up jinxing somebody.
    LeBron’s gonna beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    LeBron’s gonna beat them.

Well yeah thats a given, but I meant like BESIDES that result this feels like the most likely outcome.

just don't give us jimmy in the playoffs and we'll be fine.

They haven't handled adversity well this season because they've had so little of it. They're so used to coasting and resting that when things get hectic they have a big drop off. This might be a problem in the playoffs.

Aside from that their only threat is Denver because KP's too skinny to guard Jokic. If KP can guard your 5, Boston will blow you out.

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz View Post
    He's getting old tho at this point.

They are a true championship-or-bust squad. Zero excuses why they can't get it done this year because there will never be another (better) opportunity like this again.

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz View Post
    Several players regularly kick the Celtic’s ass though. You have to keep that in mind. Not just butler. It’s a whole list of folks who stomp lucky’s face in regularly.I don’t think it’s anyway you can have a playoff run where you avoid Lebron,butler,Giannis,Jokic, curry, Kyrie, and the Timberwolves/magic . But yes if you can somehow avoid all those landmines + porzingis has to have 100% complete health throughout the entire playoff run. Yes, if all that happens, I agree you will be fine. Tatum will be holding the Larry O’Brien Award. Good luck with that…

Edit btw 1 star’d
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 03-24-2024 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Several players regularly kick the Celtic’s ass though. You have to keep that in mind. Not just butler. It’s a whole list of folks who stomp lucky’s face in regularly.I don’t think it’s anyway you can have a playoff run where you avoid Lebron,butler,Giannis,Jokic, curry, Kyrie, and the Timberwolves/magic . But yes if you can somehow avoid all those landmines + porzingis has to have 100% complete health throughout the entire playoff run you will be fine. Tatum will be holding the Larry O’Brien Award. Good luck…you’ll need it

Edit btw 1 star’d
    This guy especially