Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lemme gih u my Western Conf contender power rankings

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Did you forget what you wrote?

Of course they havent done anything in the playoffs this year because the playoffs hadnt started yet.

Ohhh right. Losing a “competitive” 4-1 first round series last year qualifies as doing something in the playoffs.

Very comparable to Durant, Booker and Vogel all having finals experience.

GOOD CALL.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Ohhh right. Losing a “competitive” 4-1 first round series last year qualifies as doing something in the playoffs.

Very comparable to Durant, Booker and Vogel all having finals experience.

GOOD CALL.

Yes it is significant since they were missing McDaniels and Reid. McDaniels might be the best perimeter defender in the league and Reid just won 6MOY.

Minny was in contention for 1st place all season this year, finished one game behind 1st but you have them 6th?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450 View Post
    Lakers too high, even at the time.

Are you retarded bro?

lakers are at worst the 4th best team in the West

probably 2nd best after Denver

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Are you retarded bro?

Do you actually believe this? I know Lebron fans/haters troll a lot here but that seems genuine. If it is, then your opinion will change heavily after WCSF. Nuggets are worse this year and their next matchup will be a dog fight. However if Jokic and the Nuggets still find a way to beat the Wolves, the winner of OKC vs Mavs, and Celtics then it would be the toughest championship road ever imo. Harder than 95 Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Akeem34TheDream View Post
    Do you actually believe this? I know Lebron fans/haters troll a lot here but that seems genuine. If it is, then your opinion will change heavily after WCSF. Nuggets are worse this year and their next matchup will be a dog fight. However if Jokic and the Nuggets still find a way to beat the Wolves, the winner of OKC vs Mavs, and Celtics then it would be the toughest championship road ever imo. Harder than 95 Rockets.

Arby watches games wearing a pair of Kurt Rambis goggles.

Yeah the Lakers were just a warm up series. Denver came out lethargic in the first half game after game because they know they own the Lakers. Different story going forward.

Arby watches games wearing a pair of Kurt Rambis goggles.

Yeah the Lakers were just a warm up series. Denver came out lethargic in the first half game after game because they know they own the Lakers. Different story going forward.
    It might be but I am not sure. Is Murray's injury serious? Hope not. Also their bench was already shallow last year and they lost Bruce Brown. One of the young guys HAS TO step up. Wolves, OKC and Mavs are much deeper. And Celtics are stacked.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Are you retarded bro?

The Lakers win all of the series that they don’t play.

Yes it is significant since they were missing McDaniels and Reid. McDaniels might be the best perimeter defender in the league and Reid just won 6MOY.

Minny was in contention for 1st place all season this year, finished one game behind 1st but you have them 6th?
    Hence they have not proven anything in the playoffs. This is a straight up fact. They looked good this year, thus I said “maybe theyll surprise me.” But they have no track record. Youre leaning on hindsight now that theyve won their first round match convincingly to sustain your argument. I made these rankings in March. And we’ve seen first place finishers lose to 8th seeds before. Seeding and power rankings are not the same.

Youre being belligerently pedantic.

Hence they have not proven anything in the playoffs. This is a straight up fact. They looked good this year, thus I said “maybe theyll surprise me.” But they have no track record. Youre leaning on hindsight now that theyve won their first round match convincingly to sustain your argument. I made these rankings in March. And we’ve seen first place finishers lose to 8th seeds before. Seeding and power rankings are not the same.

Youre being belligerently pedantic.
    You didnt even watch them in the playoffs yet you think you know better than MPJ who played against them in the playoffs. Cool story bro.

MPJ gave this interview right before the playoffs. He was asked about who would be the toughest matchup in the west. Color me shocked that he didn't mention the Lakers.

The lakers will have been the Nuggets biggest test besides the Mavs.

Only the Mavs can be tougher.

You people will eat crow after this WCSF.

On another note:

this you?

It might be but I am not sure. Is Murray's injury serious? Hope not. Also their bench was already shallow last year and they lost Bruce Brown. One of the young guys HAS TO step up. Wolves, OKC and Mavs are much deeper. And Celtics are stacked.
    That is what i was saying, they own the Lakers but going forward the matchups will be much tougher.

That is what i was saying, they own the Lakers but going forward the matchups will be much tougher.
    Oh my bad. I got it as they will get serious and gear up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Ordered by how likely I believe they are to make the finals.

Keep in mind these are not first round predictions, as the conference is so close it would not be surprising for any of these teams to win or lose in the first round, depending on matchups. This is just based on how fit I think they are in theory to go all the way.

1. Denver - self explanatory

2. OKC - they play more mature than their age. im becoming convinced their record isnt just about being regular season try-hards. I see their style translating in the ‘yoffs.

3. Dallas - very feast or famine squad but their ceiling makes them easily capable of getting three straight series wins. Their two most important guys do have playoff pedigrees

4. LAL - LeBITW will have them playing at their max level, and his presence alone gives them a chance, but the roster doesnt feel *quite* strong enough to push all the way thru. Tho it’s within the realm of possibility.

5. Phx - I dont think theyre good enough to make the finals, but on paper they have enough to have a chance

6. Minny - solid team, maybe theyll surprise me, but none of them have done anything in the playoffs. Theres no compelling reason to have them higher

7. New Orleans - same story as Sota. Theyre good, but you still see them needing a considerable deal of luck to go 3-0 in the West.

8. LAC - If KaInjured, Playoff Pee, James Soften, and Sus-sell Westbrook make a finals run, Ill eat my hat.

N/A: GS, Sac - Much as I enjoy the Beam Team, they and the Warriors dont have any meaningful chance.
    Seems like it was a bit of hit and miss. You got the top and the bottom somewhat correct, but that’s usually the most obvious ones.

The main problem with your rankings is the Wolves were way too low.

Lakers a bit too high, same with Suns

You didnt even watch them in the playoffs yet you think you know better than MPJ who played against them in the playoffs. Cool story bro.

MPJ gave this interview right before the playoffs. He was asked about who would be the toughest matchup in the west. Color me shocked that he didn't mention the Lakers.

Okay.

So you DID watch them. AND you had all the inside intel from MPJ.

And yet:

Suns in 6. Bad matchup for the wolves. Their strong interior D won't matter as much against the Suns.

The Suns swept them in the regular season. They forced Conley to score, which he doesn't want to do. They forced Ant to pass, which he doesn't want to do.

Okay. So you DID watch them.

And yet:

That's true, the Suns swept the wolves in the regular season. Based on their games the wolves interior D wasn't as effective against the Suns who shoot a lot of jumpers.

On D the Suns forced Conley to score and forced Ant to pass, both of which worked.

So I actually had reasons to pick the Suns other than ignorance.

Most importantly I wasn't dumb enough to bump my post showing a bad prediction.

Last edited by tontoz; 05-02-2024 at 07:14 PM.